The Positive Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I just received a surprise in the mail. My aunt sent us a box for Christmas. She sent some little gifts for the kids but she said to open one now. It's an Amaryllis! My Grandpa was a avid gardener and I'd send him one every Christmas when he was in his assisted living so he could grow something in his room during the winter. He loved them! And now "he" will be "here" for Christmas too. :redheartpump:
those things are SO cheery in winter! they te look, too! Forced narcissus bulbs also smell nice, are cheap, and very uplifting!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I just received a surprise in the mail. My aunt sent us a box for Christmas. She sent some little gifts for the kids but she said to open one now. It's an Amaryllis! My Grandpa was a avid gardener and I'd send him one every Christmas when he was in his assisted living so he could grow something in his room during the winter. He loved them! And now "he" will be "here" for Christmas too. :redheartpump:
I got an Amaryllis from my aunt for Thanksgiving. I don’t know how long it may have sat on her doorstep after delivery and it hasn’t started to show any signs of growth yet but I have my fingers crossed. They are so beautiful to watch grow and blossom.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
About Wild Life
Ireland 🇮🇪

~ This man saved 3 wild fox cubs, today he is their father for the rest of his life ...
They are beautiful and the man is so kind looking. I love foxes but possums are my favorite wild life. I'm in assisted living and a wild life group brought some animals here. I'm mad at myself for not going because they had a possum and the residents were able to pet him.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I had to pick up medicine for Carleton at the vet today. I've always appreciated our vet and the staff but especially during the lockdown/pandemic. Unfortunately two vets retired during that time and they have a vet shortage now. To show my appreciation for their hard work I brought treats and goodies for the vet and staff. They were so surprised and it felt good to be able to do a little something to show my gratitude. :rbheart:

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DD won the Cookie Baking Competition for the youth “all small group throwdown” at church tonight.

I had a really good laugh with her though. She LOVES baking so she got so excited when she heard about it. They wanted one person per small group to participate. She got in the car afterwards and told me she won! Then she said only one other person baked and she was in her group! :lol: She still won though! A win is a win right?:flail:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DD won the Cookie Baking Competition for the youth “all small group throwdown” at church tonight.

I had a really good laugh with her though. She LOVES baking so she got so excited when she heard about it. They wanted one person per small group to participate. She got in the car afterwards and told me she won! Then she said only one other person baked and she was in her group! :lol: She still won though! A win is a win right?:flail:
And the extra positive is that now you have cookies to eat, yes? Or did she give them all to the other kids.

I finally made our Christmas cookies and ordered a few Christmas/Birthday things, so I'm feeling slightly accomplished.

Status
Not open for further replies.