The Positive Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is I have 5 packages coming today. Kinda stressful to open them all and find a place for everything though. I really need to stick to ordering only on Mondays! I'll do that starting next week, even if they send me good coupons. But it's positive to have all these fun foods/drinks to try.
I agree it's always fun to be expecting a new item to arrive. The only downside I see is when the bill comes.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
It really was bothering me that it was going to get trashed and no one wanted it. I'm so glad that eh is going to repurpose it in some manner even if he can't save the top.
It was bothering me too…have seen those at antique sales worth quite a bit, esp. if the label under it is still there.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I found red and white wave petunias while picking up my groceries the other day. I was driving by the garden center and spotted their colored containers so I stopped to see if they were the wave ones. I've never seen them in those color combos so I'm glad I stopped! They had some in red, white and "blue" (a dark purple) but I just got the trays of red and white. It was cold the last few nights but it looks better now so I'm hoping to go plant them in my window boxes in a bit. That always improves my mood! :cloud9:
It was bothering me too…have seen those at antique sales worth quite a bit, esp. if the label under it is still there.
A good friend of mine bought an oil painting for $5 at an antique store last year. She was just cleaning things up and saw it has a serial number... turns out its worth several thousand! :shocked::thud: I remember her texting me a picture of it when she got it. It didn't strike me as anything special and the artist name didn't ring a bell for either of us (and she was definitely an art kid :lol:). She just liked it. Guess she has better taste than we realized! :flail:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My positive is finally connecting with an old co-worker today. We've been playing phone tag for over two weeks. I actually replaced her in the position she had when she went on maternity leave and didn't return to work. We've been friends ever since but we don't get to see one another very often because she moved further away which is why when we talk on the phone we're on forever. :biggrin:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am really really drained tonight. I didn’t think it was showing but after DH went to bed I came out to say prayers with the kids and tuck them in and DS had set up the couch with my favorite blanket and pillow to snuggle with Mooch. 😭 This kid. He can have me completely frustrated and then go do something so sweet and perceptive out of seemingly nowhere and suddenly I feel SEEN. It’s definitely a laugh and cry kind of night.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are we allowed to post 2 in a row? Nobody posted since yesterday morning...

My positive is we got a bunch of different gluten free pancake mixes: Buttermilk, Oat, Sweet Potato, and Almond Flour. It will be fun to try the different varieties and see which type are best. There is also a Pea Protein one I want to try, but haven't bought that one yet.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Are we allowed to post 2 in a row? Nobody posted since yesterday morning...
I don't see why not since positives are always a good thing. :goldstar: I'm sure I have posted more than one in the past myself.

I was busy yesterday but my positive is we brought Carleton to the vet for his second blood pressure check. It was elevated the first time so we had to start him on a low dose of medicine but fortunately the med brought it down to normal. Although he will have to stay on it at least it's working to control his B.P. which is definitely a positive.👍

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took these pictures for you.
Awww, thanks. You win most positive post of the day with those llamas. Did J feed any of the animals?

My positive is tomorrow is Monday, so I can make an online order. Not sure from where, probably Thrive Market for some more milks and crackers.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, thanks. You win most positive post of the day with those llamas. Did J feed any of the animals?

My positive is tomorrow is Monday, so I can make an online order. Not sure from where, probably Thrive Market for some more milks and crackers.
She did. She didn't understand the flat hand thing, but was grabbing feed and throwing it on the ground for the goats and sheep. She also tried to eat some of it serself, so 🤷‍♀️ Toddlers.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My positive is going to see the play, "Good Night Oscar," yesterday afternoon. Sean Hayes played the part of Oscar Levant. He was not only an exceptional actor in the role but I had no idea he was an accomplished pianist before he started acting. His piano performance at the end of the play was phenomenal which is why the adulations and standing ovation from the audience was more than well deserved. :clap:

IMG_1513.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.