The Positive Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is hopefully we will get our Price Chopper grocery pickup order today. They just emailed me to tell me they are delayed and don't know when it will be ready. Walmart did this to us last time too! My dad is so mad, he wants to cancel. Hopefully he won't!
The positive is I have several new creamers in my order to try and some Almond Nog.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is hopefully we will get our Price Chopper grocery pickup order today. They just emailed me to tell me they are delayed and don't know when it will be ready. Walmart did this to us last time too! My dad is so mad, he wants to cancel. Hopefully he won't!
The positive is I have several new creamers in my order to try and some Almond Nog.
Ooh, let me know how the almond nog is. I haven't been able to find it yet.

Uh, my positive is that coffee exists after someone didn't let me sleep well last night.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is that my two day craft show is OVER. I didn’t sell as much as I did in 2019, but enough to more than cover my Christmas shopping. This morning‘s drive was a slip and slid trip on very icy roads since it snowed overnight but was mostly melting when I went home.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just finished my kids stocking stuffer shopping. And DH most likely. He just better not complain because HE said he didn’t want a bunch of candy. 😉 (I should stuff his stocking with underwear or something. :lol:)

This happens to me too. They are just extra busy because of holiday shopping. Almost every pickup space was full when I got there. I just think of it as the same as long checkout lines this time of year. Weekdays are usually better but I like weekend pickups in the winter so DH can drive if it’s yucky out

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooh, let me know how the almond nog is. I haven't been able to find it yet.
It was out of stock! So many things were out of stock.

This happens to me too. They are just extra busy because of holiday shopping.
It's hard because we live 30 minutes out, so hard to know when to leave to get there and dad doesn't want to wait around town in the cold and pandemic.

My positive is we got our Price Chopper order. They only had 3 of the 6 creamers I ordered. They only had 1 of the 4 Grab & Go meals that I ordered. But I did get Califia Farms Vanilla Almondmilk Creamer, Chobani Vanilla Creamer, and Chobani Pumpkin Spice Creamer. The one Grab & Go meal I got was baked mac and cheese.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is that in a few hours it will be Hobbit's second birthday! Two years ago, I was sitting in the hospital with my daughter, as I had been nearly every night for nearly three months when they decided that her blood pressure was no longer controllable and that they planned to do a C-section the following morning. Then, in the wee hours, her seizures became less controlled, so they decided to send her early. Our little 4-lbs Hobbit was born, bringing with him such joy! Two years later, I am sitting across the room from him while he is playing with his sloth. Every once in a while, he will run over and hug my legs and want a kiss! I just love him so very much!

ipiccy_image (6).jpg

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happiest of birthdays to sweet Hobbit! I remember all the issues with the end of your daughter's pregnancy, and it's so good to see how far he's come from that ickle preemie. :redheartpump:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
My outside strays love their beds. When it's very cold I give them warm towels from the dryer. while they are eating brekkie.
My positive is that in a few hours it will be Hobbit's second birthday! Two years ago, I was sitting in the hospital with my daughter, as I had been nearly every night for nearly three months when they decided that her blood pressure was no longer controllable and that they planned to do a C-section the following morning. Then, in the wee hours, her seizures became less controlled, so they decided to send her early. Our little 4-lbs Hobbit was born, bringing with him such joy! Two years later, I am sitting across the room from him while he is playing with his sloth. Every once in a while, he will run over and hug my legs and want a kiss! I just love him so very much!

View attachment 403687
Love the blue outfit!!! Sooo cute!!!

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess my oldest gave me a compliment last night. He, my husband, and I were talking about one of my coworkers being in his 50's and his ex-wife being in her 30's. Of course my husband said that he needed to trade me in a woman in her 30's. Oldest chimed in and said a lot of women would love to look like Mom. Her skin isn't like leather. She doesn't have any grey hair. And she isn't fat. :lol:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
One of the things on my son’s gift list was some Keto low carb snacks called Parm Crisps that he saw on Amazon. But they were nearly $8 a piece for a small bag and that seemed way expensive as food on Amazon sometimes is. I tried three or four local stores to see if they carried them but no one did. But today on a trip to Menards( basically a hardware store and the last place I would expect to find KETO snacks) for bird seed I just happened to walk through the snack food aisle and there they were, a half dozen different flavors of the exact crisps he wanted to try at a much much lower price!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
But today on a trip to Menards( basically a hardware store and the last place I would expect to find KETO snacks) for bird seed I just happened to walk through the snack food aisle and there they were, a half dozen different flavors of the exact crisps he wanted to try at a much much lower price!
I love Menards, I was there this week too! I really like their warm insulated winter gloves and they're very reasonable. Since I gave a brand new pair to my daughter I went and bought another pair for myself. 🧤

My positive is I finally found Carleton the type of cat bed I was looking for and a new litter box plus scooper. Unfortunately I will have to throw his present litter box out. Since cats excrete the radioactive iodine from the I-131 treatment in their urine the box and scooper have to be properly disposed of two weeks after the day the cat comes home which in Carleton's case is Dec. 18. I wanted to be prepared so went out and bought a new box and scooper today. Hopefully he will approve. :crossfingers:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy birthday, Hobbit, you little cutie.

A HUGE positive for Olive Garden salad fans - they now sell their salad dressing and croutons at the grocery store. Picked up mine today and for sure salad for or with dinner!
I love their salads. I hope they come out with their minestrone soup.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My birdfeeder is busy again! The woodpecker is back for the first time this fall. I also spotted a bluebird sitting on top of a Christmas star I have out in the backyard on a pole. The Dark Eyed Juncos are back too. They only come through when migrating and I haven't seen them. All my feeders are on shepherds hooks and it seemed like no one was coming around for a while. I took down the hooks that had flowers the other day and put the main feeder and suet block one where I can see from my spot at the table for school. And now it's all busy again! I am even seeing my little Chickadees (my favorite) again. :redheartpump:

Status
Not open for further replies.