The Positive Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

ObeseChess

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A guitar part I had had rattling around in my head for 15 years finally turned itself into a song in the middle of me trying to make the bed last night, managed to write the whole four-minute thing out before I lost the moment. As an added bonus, Sassy was so busy sleeping on the pile of clean sheets that she didn't disturb me while I was working.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is I got a Walmart order delivered today-- Almond Breeze Almond Coconut Milk, Great Value Thousand Islands Dressing, Maxwell House French Vanilla Cafe, Taster's Choice French Roast Instant Coffee, Heinz Hot Dog Relish (has mustard in it), Famous Dave's Spicy Relish, Howard's Hot Relish, Chef Boyardee Mac & Cheese Cup, Sam's Choice Cuban Mustard (has pickles in it), and got the kitties some Broths.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I ran into an elderly gentleman from my old church at Walmart yesterday. He was widowed a few months ago so he's been on my mind because his daughter is also going through a health challenge. He's just a very nice, kind person and I've always enjoyed chatting with him. It was really nice to see him and I could tell he was still smiling behind his mask. :redheartpump:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Most of our leaves are down so we got the gutters cleaned and since the weather warmed up DH cut the lawn. It was a nice surprise because we had already closed up the shed but since it was such a nice day he took the lawn mower out for one more time.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is I'm back to making all my own dinners again. I really missed it. I was letting my mother cook for me again because she seems to enjoy it. But it was just too much contact with her, slamming doors, stamping her feet, and screaming at me. Best to just have limited contact with her until I can leave here. Plus I like cooking & mine tastes better. 👍

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My positive is that Carleton is doing well at the vet specialty hospital. He will have been there for 5 days but gets to come home tomorrow. :thumbsup: We can't wait to see him. :heartshape: He has 2 vet techs specifically assigned to him and they call me regularly with updates and praise for him. They told me he was such a good boy that he held out his paw for them when they had to insert the catheter. I don't know who this is harder on, him or us, but I'm thankful that he's getting such good care and his treatment has a 95-98% success rate.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Just finished loading my car for this weekend’s craft show and the positives are that everything fit! Piled in my living room it always seems like so much but HRV’s are amazing little cars that have such flexible cargo space. All I have left to do in the morning is fill coffee thermos and head out the door. Set up starts at 7:00 am but I will stop for a McDonalds breakfast and get there by 8:00.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is I put through a grocery pickup order from Price Chopper for tomorrow. I'll post what I got then, cause I'm sure some things will be out of stock. We usually order from Walmart because it's cheaper, but they gave me a $15 off coupon, plus they have certain items only carried there, like their Grab & Go meals.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My positive is that Carleton is home from having the I-131 treatment at the vet specialty hospital. We are thrilled he's back and the staff fell in love with him while he was there. :catlove: I spoke with the radiologist when Carleton was discharged and he couldn't have been nicer. He went over all the instructions, answered all my questions and was very optimistic. It will take 2 weeks for him to get the radioactive iodine out of his system so there are a lot of precautions but fingers crossed he will not be hyperthyroid anymore. :crossfingers::crossfingers:

The first thing he did when he came home was lie on his favorite carpet in the kitchen and roll over. :dizzycat: IMG_1354.jpeg

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
neely neely , my former girl Murphy had the iodine treatment because she couldn’t tolerate the pills. She was in tough shape, only four pounds and with a heart condition caused by her overactive thyroid. But she did wonderfully afterwards, gained weight and her heart issue resolved. The doc said she might be withdrawn or weak from the cage rest for a few weeks but she she came home her normal hyper self.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
my former girl Murphy had the iodine treatment because she couldn’t tolerate the pills. She was in tough shape, only four pounds and with a heart condition caused by her overactive thyroid. But she did wonderfully afterwards, gained weight and her heart issue resolved. The doc said she might be withdrawn or weak from the cage rest for a few weeks but she she came home her normal hyper self.
Thanks so much for the good news about your former cat, Murphy, and your support. 🤗

Status
Not open for further replies.