The Positive Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got the Vanilla Caramel one in my grocery order today.
Did you try it yet? I'm curious to see what you think of it. I haven't opened it yet. You can post in our coffee thread. ☕

My positive is we are getting a Walmart Pickup order tomorrow. I'll post what I got then, since I don't know what will be in stock. But I ordered a bunch of fun coffee creamers, mac and cheese, pasta, etc.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is we got our Walmart order:
Coffee Mate Cinnamon Vanilla Creamer, Great Value Vanilla Almond Creamer, Great Value Hazelnut Creamer, International Delight Amaretto Creamer, International Delight Irish Creme Creamer, French's Honey Mustard Dip, Marketside Creamy Cauliflower Parmesan Soup, Amy's Mac & Cheese with Cauliflower, Life Cuisine Macaroni & Cheese Bowl, Bird's Eye Rotini Alfredo, Panera Mac & Cheese, Patak's Mango Chutney, La Choy Sweet & Sour Sauce.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was really happy with the winner of DWTS last night! After a couple seasons of annoying Bachelorette winners and people wiith dance experience, it was great to see a true beginner work hard and improve tremendously!

I think I'm going to make these vegan pumpkin cookies I found a recipe for today.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My bedspread and curtains arrived yesterday. LOVED the dusty blue chenille bedspread and hated the curtains (sort of expected I would). The good news is that when I did the Amazon drop off of the curtains to Kohls I got a $5 coupon and when coupled with their great Thanksgiving sales got two really nice towels for $6.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I mighy have mentioned that Hobbit has a bit of delayed speech. He kind of says a few words, with "baba," "Mamma," and "no" being the most understandable, and he is being evaluated for speech therapy. Well, one of his favorite movies is Kung Fu Panda. When Po says, "I love Kung Fu!" when he lights the fireworks under his chair, Hobbit will look at me and expect me to say it, too. For the last week, I keep thinking I heard him trying to say it. Today, my husband was in the living room when the part came on, and Hobbit looked at both of us. Right after we said it, Hobbit said it! He did not say the word perfectly clear, but it was perfectly clear that is what he was saying. He even leaned his head back to say "Fu!" We all had a little happy dance! It

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Today, my husband was in the living room when the part came on, and Hobbit looked at both of us. Right after we said it, Hobbit said it! He did not say the word perfectly clear, but it was perfectly clear that is what he was saying. He even leaned his head back to say "Fu!" We all had a little happy dance! It
That is so precious and exciting. 💞 Did you get a video of it for your daughter and son-in-law?

My positive is that I got two sleeves of a new flavor of lungos for National Espresso Day. Gotta have my caffeine fix! 😉

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is Price Chopper sent me a $15 off coupon to use in the month of December. So we will use it for a grocery pickup order in about 2 weeks. They have 5 coffee creamers I want to try and I also want to get some of their Grab & Go baked pasta meals. Last time I ordered 2, but both were out of stock. Next time I'll order 4, then I'm bound to get at least 1!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
All my Thanksgiving pie baking was done by 8:30 last night! And then today all 4 of my side dishes were done early!

Normally I’m up baking till the wee hours of the morning. And then up early but still not ready on time!

This year I got to SLEEP!! I blew dry my hair! I put on a Color Street set! 95% of the dishes were washed too!!:banana1:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Nicole made 2 beds for Robero and Conrad. I keep a blanket inside the box and one over them. She used cardboard boxes and placed garbage bags to fit and keep dry. I think a tarp would be good to keep the rain and snow off them.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is that I really enjoyed my Walmart Marketside Creamy Cauliflower Parmesan soup. Most prepared foods I buy taste so bland lately. But this was ready to eat, it didn't even need salt added! I did add some crackers though. Yum.
1637940407098.png

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our Thankstaking on Tuesday went rather well! As I mentioned, my son hosted this year and I helped make sides and pies. He ended up inviting my mother-in-law and sister-in-law as well. Without getting into it too much, my mother-in-law was first invited to any of our holidays last Twelfth Night, so she was touched that my son invited her to his Thankstaking.

Then, my mother-in-law had a bit surprise for my husband and sister-in-law: Their Cousin B (who is more like an aunt to them) and her son made a last-minute trip to visit and their grandma and step-grandfather were able to make it, too! She told me ahead of time so that I made enough vegetables, pies, and bread for everyone. I was ahead with my baking for once and was able to bake a loaf of bread for each Cousin B and the grandparents to take home with them. Step-grandpa wrote me the sweetest note last summer with a check for $5 asking me to send him a loaf of bread because it is "the best [he] has ever had." (I made the bread and sent back the check! He is so sweet! I knew he would be excited about it.

I also made two pies (French silk and shoo-fly) and a loaf of bread for my brother-in-law and his wife. Her grandpa and uncle died not too long ago. so this was her grandma's first holiday without them both, so they invited her grandma for dinner. Normally, they would have been at my mother-in-law's, but only my brother-in-law and their daughter were able to come for a bit after dinner.

At both events, we played games. At my mother-in-law's, we played Secret Hitler. (It is a fun game on its own, but with so many of us enjoying history, we add another level to it by discussing WWII history while playing. Cousin B was an extra fun addition because she is a history professor.) At one point, she was secret Hitler, but she had thrown off my husband by choosing to play a liberal card rather than a fascist card, afterward stating, "I destroyed democracy with democracy." Then, my mother-in-law, who is the sweetest person you could meet, was Hitler, and my sister-in-law, who is almost as sweet, was her fascist supporter. They tricked everyone and played such a perfect game that I do not know if I can trust them again. She even pretended to not trust her brother (the other one) and decided not to give him the position of chancellor under the guise of himbeing suspicious, only to switch it to her mother last minute and win the game. It was a great way to end our visit.

Hobbit was an angel through the whole thing, only getting cranky when he was tired. It helped that Cousin B's 13-year-old son is such a sweetheart and played with him a lot.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
she was secret Hitler, but she had thrown off my husband by choosing to play a liberal card rather than a fascist card, afterward stating, "I destroyed democracy with democracy." Then, my mother-in-law, who is the sweetest person you could meet, was Hitler, and my sister-in-law, who is almost as sweet, was her fascist supporter.
Wow, I don't know if I would be smart enough to play that game! Sounds like you had fun though. Does bread ship well? I've ordered cheese through the mail, but sometimes it tastes funny when it freezes from the ice pack they put with it.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, I don't know if I would be smart enough to play that game! Sounds like you had fun though. Does bread ship well? I've ordered cheese through the mail, but sometimes it tastes funny when it freezes from the ice pack they put with it.
It is a relatively easy game. One just has to be tricky and have a good poker face. And, if you are a fascist, you have to be good at pretending not to be!

My sister-in-law was visiting for game night when I made the bread over the summer, so she just dropped it off to them. No need for shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.