The Positive Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anchoress

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My 2 week grocery order came over on the ferry today as did my monthly meds. Few things as positive as full cupboards and freezer and meds locker, especially as it was too stormy for the ferry last week.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
My daughter is at work and asked me to have Hobbit try on his costume because I fixed the hem of his cloak and made his hairy shoes. I promise better pictures will be taken this Sunday and that he will have his leaf pin on for them, but, for now, here is a little look. (He was running around so much that I am shocked I got these pictures!)
View attachment 399879View attachment 399880
OMG!!! He is so darling!!!💖

Lola3791

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My daughter is at work and asked me to have Hobbit try on his costume because I fixed the hem of his cloak and made his hairy shoes. I promise better pictures will be taken this Sunday and that he will have his leaf pin on for them, but, for now, here is a little look. (He was running around so much that I am shocked I got these pictures!)
View attachment 399879View attachment 399880
Aw! He looks like a mini Samwise! So cute!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH, the kids and I had a good time at a family night event at our new church tonight. They had a Trunk or Treat for the kids. My kids have never been to one so they needed some instructions... :doh: :lol: DS must be growing up because he always used to just charge into things; but he kept wanting DD to go first and waiting for her. It was different! But they had fun!

DS and I got our new glasses this afternoon too. My prescription didn't change; but my glasses were probably 4-5 years old now. They weren't scratched; but I could still tell a difference in the clarity driving home. So it's worth the money spent I guess! ;)

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
My 2 week grocery order came over on the ferry today as did my monthly meds. Few things as positive as full cupboards and freezer and meds locker, especially as it was too stormy for the ferry last week.
You live on an island? do you have neighbors?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The candy I bought for the trick-or-treaters is almost gone. Hopefully we won't get any more kids since it's dark out now and tomorrow is a school day. I loved seeing all the creative costumes and the weather cooperated which was a special treat. DH said if no one else comes he'll finish the candy that's left. :lol:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
LOTS of trick or treaters and something I’ve never seen before. It’s a golf cart or some kind of buggy pulling what looks like a large float lighted to look like a spider. There is a heater on it and a ton of kids being driven through the neighborhood trick or treating. Sort of like a traveling bar but for kids. And I got an “I love you “ from a sweet teen boy when I told him how happy I was to have him and his rather large group show up for candy.

Final headcount was about 145.

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got the Hallmark Keepsake Ornament that I've been after and wanting SO bad! :woohoo:

It's a vintage style angel that my grandma had years ago! The problem is it's a mystery situation where you don't know which version you get until you open the box. Which has been sealed at both ends with the ornament wrapped in tissue AND inside a sealed black plastic bag. And it says all over that it is not returnable or exchangeable. :nervous:

I got one at a store a couple weeks ago thinking if I got the silver instead of the red I'd give it to my bestie because she loves all things vintage and her tree is usually silver. But I REALLY wanted that one thats like my Grams! I got the silver. So I tried again online. I actually ordered 2 because I can also gift one to my Mom. They came today. The first was silver again. The second was the red!!!! :hyper:

My kids were hanging over my shoulder watching as I opened the box like Charlie looking for the Golden Ticket in a Wonka bar. :lol: DD shouted so loud my ear kind of hurts still. :crazy:

But seriously. I am BEYOND thrilled! My Gram was just the best. We were very close and I miss her a lot. I have some of her ornaments I hang on my tree already. So adding this is really special! :redheartpump:

Status
Not open for further replies.