The Positive Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubblesmom2014

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I get anywhere from 100-150 or so in a usual year. If it’s cold or wet so that parents are driving kids we will literally get carloads.
I used to get tons of kids. I ran out of candy before the time was up. Most of the time we would have to buy more candy lol. Sometimes I miss it

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I used to get tons of kids. I ran out of candy before the time was up. Most of the time we would have to buy more candy lol. Sometimes I miss it
I bought our Halloween candy for the trick-or-treaters today. 👍 Of course DH wanted me to buy candy that he likes just in case we have leftovers. :lol: It goes in spurts here depending on the weather. There have been a few years when it was just plain nasty out so we had very few kids come by. In fact, two years ago we got snow which is early for the season. The long range forecast is cool but clear so I may go out and buy more candy.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought our Halloween candy for the trick-or-treaters today. 👍 Of course DH wanted me to buy candy that he likes just in case we have leftovers. :lol: It goes in spurts here depending on the weather. There have been a few years when it was just plain nasty out so we had very few kids come by. In fact, two years ago we got snow which is early for the season. The long range forecast is cool but clear so I may go out and buy more candy.
I bought all dairy free candy because I can't be sure my husband would eat any leftover chocolate. Except Reese's peanut butter cups. So I want to be able to eat the leftovers.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to run to Kohls today to drop off a Amazon return and while I was there I stopped to see what they had in throw rugs. My bedroom rugs were ratty 17 year old ones and you can have a newly painted room without new rugs to go with it. They not only had two I loved on sale at 50% off but I also had $5 off coupon to use on them and then I got $10 in Kohls cash for the purchase.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My positive is that although the weather is changing and the temperatures dropping Carleton has come to life. He's relishing in the cooler temps with no humidity - running through the house, playing with his toys and jumping back and forth in his cat tree.:runningcat:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We got to spend time with my mom's cats twice recently. Her 18 year old boy Pumpkin is SUPER affectionate and everyone loves him. DD stayed with my mom at her job while DS and I had eye appointments; but we ended up stopping at her house after she got off work. Pumpkin was THRILLED to see us! He was dashing around the living room batting the toy we were tossing him. And then he curled up on top of this huge stuffed floppy sheep my mom has. She put one of her nightgowns on it when they went away this summer and Pumpkin has never given it back. :lol: It's basically a giant cat bed now. :flail:

We stopped again on Saturday for lunch and Pumpkin was trying to share my kid's subs before snuggling with everyone. Olivia got all worked up because I was using my phone to make reflections on the wall in the sun. :lol:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I still don't have a new helper but I was able to wash all the dishes which is a feat in itself, ha!!
Also was able to wash throws and a warm blanket. Nicole is giving me one of her quilts and I'm
excited about that!🛌

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive today is that I have been teaching myself to use a sewing machine over the last week and I just completed my first "big" project with passable results. What did I make? A hobbit cloak sans hood for Hobbit's Halloween costume! The bottom hem is curved and my bobbin was giving me issues, so the bottom hem is hilariously bad, but the sides and neck do not look half bad. Certainly good enough for his costume. Pictures will be posted soon. :)

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive today is that I have been teaching myself to use a sewing machine over the last week and I just completed my first "big" project with passable results. What did I make? A hobbit cloak sans hood for Hobbit's Halloween costume! The bottom hem is curved and my bobbin was giving me issues, so the bottom hem is hilariously bad, but the sides and neck do not look half bad. Certainly good enough for his costume. Pictures will be posted soon. :)
Can't wait to see! My sewing machine isn't set up, and I'm not sure how sewing would work with J in the room (and am not able to spend much time away from her now), so we bought her costume this year. My mom always made our costumes so that was something I was also hoping to do. Maybe next year.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I needed to go to the Apple store for a repair on my laptop. They had to order the part but once it came in I only had to leave it at the store for one day. My positive is it's fixed and good as new! :thumbsup:

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My daughter is at work and asked me to have Hobbit try on his costume because I fixed the hem of his cloak and made his hairy shoes. I promise better pictures will be taken this Sunday and that he will have his leaf pin on for them, but, for now, here is a little look. (He was running around so much that I am shocked I got these pictures!)
20211027_233056.jpg 20211027_233309.jpg

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I woke up to my son doing his math work today! Like catching up even! He has really hated this long multiplication but this week he gets to use block manipulatives to learn factors. It makes so much more sense to me too the way his program teaches it! And not fighting him to do math? It's amazing! Lately just math has taken more than twice as long as every other subject combined!! So yeah; I'm happy!! :wavey:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.