The Positive Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I use Express Scripts and they deliver USPS but always pretty fast.
Mine is Humana Pharmacy, but the USPS took 10 days to deliver it from one state away. I know the post office is struggling like everyone else. We just need to factor that in with these important orders.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine is Humana Pharmacy, but the USPS took 10 days to deliver it from one state away. I know the post office is struggling like everyone else. We just need to factor that in with these important orders.
Humana keeps trying to get me to switch to their mail service, and I have been leery about it because of the mail delays.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My positive is that I worked out early this morning. The regular instructor for our class cancelled but the fitness manager filled in and she was great. :thumbsup: It's supposed to storm and possibly hail with strong winds this afternoon into the evening but I have a new book from the library so I'm taking it easy and will enjoy reading indoors. 📖

eternalgaze

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I called Nabisco because the new portioned snack type box of 18 packs of ritz crackers bizarrely had an EMPTY pack and then the next two only had 5 (not 6 crackers) in them. They are sending me back five bucks. <---This is my positive, but on the negative end of things, has anyone else found that quality control is hit or miss with products since covid struck? I have found this to be true with produce (romanine lettuce that is consistently rotten inside but not visible outside), and prepackaged items (Coca Cola that is flat but with a good date, for example).

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I called Nabisco because the new portioned snack type box of 18 packs of ritz crackers bizarrely had an EMPTY pack and then the next two only had 5 (not 6 crackers) in them. They are sending me back five bucks. <---This is my positive, but on the negative end of things, has anyone else found that quality control is hit or miss with products since covid struck? I have found this to be true with produce (romanine lettuce that is consistently rotten inside but not visible outside), and prepackaged items (Coca Cola that is flat but with a good date, for example).
I can’t say I have noticed quality issues. But admittedly I have been using for most of the year packaged goods I panic bought last year and they arent bad, but not fresh either. The $5 is a nice thing though.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Humana keeps trying to get me to switch to their mail service, and I have been leery about it because of the mail delays.
My husband has been getting his meds from them for about three years with no trouble (other than the post office being slow). This was my first time, but I’m a very happy camper. I’ve been getting the generic version of Advair at a local pharmacy. Once I met my deductible, it was $106 for one month ($175 before that). Now? $95 total for three months supply! :bliss:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband has been getting his meds from them for about three years with no trouble (other than the post office being slow). This was my first time, but I’m a very happy camper. I’ve been getting the generic version of Advair at a local pharmacy. Once I met my deductible, it was $106 for one month ($175 before that). Now? $95 total for three months supply! :bliss:
That is why I use an online pharmacy - huge savings. Most of my meds are $4 for a three month supply and one that used to cost me $95 for a three month supply now only costs me $20.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the information! I might look into it. I get physically ill when picking up my prescriptions!

My positive today is that Hobbit and I got to sit on the front porch during one of the prettiest nights this year. 80 degrees, moderate humidity, and a light breeze. He sat on my lap playing with leaves while waiting for cars to go by. He is just getting over a wee bit of a cold, so he was extra cuddly.

Also, we still have goats on the loose in the village. Four have been captured safely, two are still on the run. We did not get to see them.
20211011_184048 (2).jpg

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I heard from a friend who recently finished chemo & radiation for breast cancer. She's feeling better and wants to meet for coffee today. I'm planning to pick up flowers and a little something special as a treat, can't wait to see her. :hearthrob:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got a nugget couch for the daredevil baby which arrived today. Sparkle thinks it's a positive.
1013211310 (1).jpg

Baby does, too. As does her mama who's happy for a safe place for baby to climb.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.