The Positive Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I love that! Especially when I’m not ready for a long dull winter! My roses are having their end of summer burst but that’s typical here.
Yes, lovely to see when leaves are starting to fall here. Also, this bush is right next to my rock garden where I recently moved quite a few beautiful rocks from my mothers yard. So perhaps the blossom is a sign that she approves. The wegeila is on the right.
8DA4E7A2-C21E-4CA2-80BD-C78728553937.jpeg

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive of the day...

I came home from shopping. I had VM messages from a friend. I was confused. She the me that I am the 'star' of the building... I was really confused..

Opened up my mail. There was a letter from the challenger fro the local City Council. He literally mentioned me by name, congratulating our victory; achieving Visitor Parking Passes, Resident Passes and credited me for helping to remove rat parking meters along the Beach...

I was shocked!!! I mean it!! He also said that this proves that " You can fight City Hall"...

I was flabbergasted...
I mean, I never did this before, and yes, we did Win... respectfully and through proper channels..

This candidate is a sincere guy. He was a city councilor when younger; stepped away and is now re=entering the ring. He has a lot of contacts. He has been by our side from the beginning of our battle.
The Incumbent lost our building and area-- big time... I mean it... a huge loss.. The incumbent did not support us, in the beginning--- but I persisted... and won!

I am still not believing all the acclaim, I have been given... It is so hard for me to believe this.. especially since I have never, in my life, done this ....never opened my mouth.. Now, I lead a movement.... unbelievable....

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally finished the stripping and sanding of the dresser that I have been refinishing and tomorrow is the start of the fun stuff - it’s stain day! Staining is fast and is usually the point where you reaIly start to see the beauty returning to an old ratty piece. I was really torn on what stain to put on because I had to do so much scrapping and sanding to get the old paint and finish off, and mahogany stain tends to turn a mahogany piece of furniture a garish red. So I am going to start with a dark cherry stain which I think will mimic the deep rich original color. If I stain it and hate it then plan B will be to go over it with a opaque coffee color that I have used before.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Saved up $20 in Pampers cash, so transferred it to a Starbucks gift card in my account and used some of it to get me an apple crisp macchiato to help keep me awake today. Good times.

I also did cat food pickup and I got a $34 discount from Pet Supplies Plus for doing curbside! I'll take it!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I've been busy the last few days and haven't been home too much but it's been for all good things. Plans with friends, saw my oldest who lives in the city, errands, coffee stops, etc. Here is a pic of a cute fall decoration we saw today because there's a Pumpkin Fest being held this weekend.
IMG_1300.jpeg

And another really cool pic of a Vespa car parked where we stopped for coffee - note the adorable puppy in the back seat.
IMG_1295.jpeg IMG_1296.jpeg

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Weruva is finally making Who Wants To Be A Meowinaire in 5oz cans now. It was always 1 of 2 that I buy that was not that size so I always had to buy it in 3oz cans. It would last 6 weeks instead of the 8 weeks all the others did so it messed up my autoship all the time. Now if Best Buds would start coming in 5oz cans, I'd be set.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I was finally able to wash stuff that I have been putting off.... it was a busy day for me...

I felt good accomplishing things which have been put off, due to other responsibilities, occupying my time......

Nice to be a bit more back to a more normal routine...

This week, I accomplished: dusting furniture; putting up some autumn decorations; washing winter jackets and bathroom shower curtain and liner... Having a plan for things..

Just feeling better... now if the weather would stay warm with LONGER days, life would be almost perfect.....

Status
Not open for further replies.