The Positive Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a positive by extension.

My uncle has always been the silent/antisocial type. If he wasn't on the golf course he was in his chair watching a game or cooking a steak. He was finally diagnosed with depression about 10 years ago and became a recovering alcoholic. Growing up it was all girls; myself and my 2 cousins. Now he has 4 grandsons. And I think he's loving it.

He's had a few health scares. Last winter/spring he was in and out of the hospital and even our well medically connected family couldn't ever get an answer to what was causing it. They were very concerned. But he got better!

Since then; he's almost a different person. At Christmas he shocked everyone showing up with armloads of things for the boys. (My Aunt is a shopaholic...they were already WELL spoiled for Christmas.) He went to a relative's 50th anniversary party this summer, stayed, socialized and enjoyed himself. I was shocked when I heard!

But now he topped it. One of his daughters has a timeshare in Orlando and often my Aunt and my other cousin with her kids will join them for a vacation there. MY UNCLE WENT WITH THEM. Not only did he go...he went to Disney. He went to Universal Studios. He wore matching shirts. He rode rides. He was right there; making memories with his kids and grandkids. Other relatives were commenting on the ride pictures on Facebook saying "Is that ____!?!" :lol:

So it might seem odd to some people; but I can't tell you how awesome it is to see him like this. For his own sake and for my aunt, his kids and his grandkids. It's really made me emotional the last few days. :redheartpump:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My uncle has always been the silent/antisocial type. If he wasn't on the golf course he was in his chair watching a game or cooking a steak. He was finally diagnosed with depression about 10 years ago and became a recovering alcoholic. Growing up it was all girls; myself and my 2 cousins. Now he has 4 grandsons. And I think he's loving it.

He's had a few health scares. Last winter/spring he was in and out of the hospital and even our well medically connected family couldn't ever get an answer to what was causing it. They were very concerned. But he got better!

Since then; he's almost a different person. At Christmas he shocked everyone showing up with armloads of things for the boys. (My Aunt is a shopaholic...they were already WELL spoiled for Christmas.) He went to a relative's 50th anniversary party this summer, stayed, socialized and enjoyed himself. I was shocked when I heard!

But now he topped it. One of his daughters has a timeshare in Orlando and often my Aunt and my other cousin with her kids will join them for a vacation there. MY UNCLE WENT WITH THEM. Not only did he go...he went to Disney. He went to Universal Studios. He wore matching shirts. He rode rides. He was right there; making memories with his kids and grandkids. Other relatives were commenting on the ride pictures on Facebook saying "Is that ____!?!" :lol:

So it might seem odd to some people; but I can't tell you how awesome it is to see him like this. For his own sake and for my aunt, his kids and his grandkids. It's really made me emotional the last few days. :redheartpump:
My mom was like that when she got divorced from my Dad. We had no idea how miserable she was all those years until she was no longer miserable. It was like getting a whole new fun loving mom. So happy your Uncle is enjoying life now.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

What a nice story... such a positive story... Good for your Uncle... It seems he finally realized the errors in his life and is trying to make amends... So proud of him!!!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
My Positive for today:
I went to the Parking Department to pick up Visitor Parking Passes for the residents in my building who are not physically able to get to the Parking Office. No Problems.. Dropped off in morning, picked up 24 passes this afternoon!! It was a good thing.

I was also congratulated, hugged, shook hands with someone who had an argument with me, complete with shouting... about the entire Parking Issue.. She admitted that I WON IT... and it was said to be impossible to do, but I did it... She wants to make amends!!

Amazing Day... I feel good... Thank You God...

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love funky gourds like that! :redheartpump: There is a farm stand about 15/20 minutes from me that had a fantastic selection of gourds like that and pumpkins last year. They were decent priced too. I'm hoping to get by there sometime in the next week. I still haven't gotten my mums and last year their mums were huge! If that doesn't work out; there is another almost across the "street" (divided highway...) that had a lot of stuff last year too. I love this part of fall!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My husband took a few days off work and we took J to the Bontanic Garden today.
That's my "happy place." 😊 I love going to the Botanic Garden and never want to leave.

My positive is although I had to wake up early for a 7:00 a.m. appointment this morning I accomplished a ton of stuff I would have otherwise put off.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No bedtime snack last night and no diarrhea this morning! :cheerleader: Coincidence? Maybe. I need to keep it up for several days to see if there is a connection. I just know that Gracie and I were relieved that only normal poop happened when she went in the box this morning. I literally stopped what I was doing and listened to make sure. :lol:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
[QUOTE="susanm9006, post: 5424814, member: 42031 We are very slowly making progress towards peaceful coexistence.[/QUOTE]

Slow is definitely a positive as long as they are making progress. :thumbsup:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
[QUOTE="susanm9006, post: 5424814, member: 42031 We are very slowly making progress towards peaceful coexistence.
Slow is definitely a positive as long as they are making progress. :thumbsup:
[/QUOTE]

It took me some time to figure out their dynamic and the right approach. Neither wants to fight and both howl and hiss out of fear of the other. Keeping them separated wasn’t helping so I have let them be together during the daytime and talk smack to each other until they get bored with it.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
finally figured out what used to get my past and present girlfriend mad at me over how i can eat whatever i put on 8 pounds during this year :rolleyes: and was complaining to anna earlier about being chubby now. she took this picture of me from behind today and sent it to me me with a liar! where did it go then!

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.