The Positive Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My duvet cover came Saturday! I finally got it put on today and am very pleased with it. Since I designed the fabric, I also ordered a sample of it after seeing it on the duvet so that I can list the pattern to sell.

Hobbit has known how to climb up on furniture for a while now; however, he only recently decided that he really likes to sit behind me on the daybed in our living room and "brush" my hair. Well, yesterday I was wearing a shirt with a low-ish back that shows my tattoos. (A good section of my back is covered) He now keeps trying to get rub or scratch my tattoos off. The rubbing is fine, but the scratching is awful. He even got his blanket and tried rubbing them off! Haha! Silly baby.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
A neighbor emailed an emergency plea to the neighborhood this morning asking if anyone had any gabapentin. Their dog has cancer and they had run out. The emergency clinic told them they’d have to wait six hours to pick some up. (Regular vet was closed for Labor Day.) They only needed two capsules to see their little guy through until tomorrow, and I had just gotten a refill for Iris on Thursday so I was able to help them out.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I officially passed my capstone so I have my Master's degree with a 4.0! I'm super excited to be done (although, I'm taking another class so I can add on a graduate certificate in data engineering, so I won't officially be done until October).
:woo::wow:Congratulations! What an accomplishment!

Bubblesmom2014

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
882C280F-0B55-4905-A3B1-9657B7947BAC.jpeg

well everyone I have acquired another new kitten. This is sunshine’s sister but she doesn’t have a name yet . As soon as she does I’ll let you know.
Sunshine’s vet visit went good today. She weighs a whopping one pound. And she was started on her shots. New kitten will be going to the vet soon as well.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 394515
well everyone I have acquired another new kitten. This is sunshine’s sister but she doesn’t have a name yet . As soon as she does I’ll let you know.
Sunshine’s vet visit went good today. She weighs a whopping one pound. And she was started on her shots. New kitten will be going to the vet soon as well.
Wow. She is either much smaller than the average kitten or much younger than you think. A 8 week old kitten usually weighs around two pounds.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We had one kitten that was only 1lb when he came home. We found out he had been a little premature (born to a neighbor’s daughters cat but found at the shelter) and had had a virus of some kind. They had to wait a while to get him neutered even because he was still sneezy and things. I think he was about 8 months before that happened. Thankfully he never sprayed. He stayed on the small side too. We ended up bringing home an adult cat from the shelter 2 days later and she turned right into his mother; grooming, snuggling and disciplining him. :lol: He is 18 this month!:catrub:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
DH and I stopped for a coffee drink yesterday and two people approached us coming out of SB. They still had their masks on so we did not recognize them at first then we realized who they were - our old vets who retired seven years ago. We were sitting outside so they asked if they could join us and we talked for awhile. We've known them since we moved here and our kids were young. They are a husband and wife team who owned the practice and positively superb vets. It was a perfect ending to our day. :heartshape:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Score at the Goodwill today - a new, cat proof stand for my IPad. Lola loves to chin rub/head bump my previous lightweight stand, sending the iPad flying off on a couple of occasions. Found this cookbook stand today and it’s purrfect. It’s cast iron, so heavy enough to withstand her knocking it, the metal lets my IPad case stick to it securely and it tilt adjusts to give me exactly the viewing angle I want. Here is also Lola demonstrating why a new stand was needed.
693AD105-188C-40BD-96BF-76B6BE31E9ED.jpeg
F6F28B29-94D6-487F-BA3A-ABFDBD66EE90.jpeg

Last edited:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I taught DD to make my coffee the other day so she's been doing that and thinks it's the best thing ever. :lol:

She has been asking for a while to learn how to make it for me. She used to make tea for me a lot of mornings too. She doesn't drink either; she just wants to make it. :lol:
Don't you love it when your kids do chores? Mine has figured out how to flush the toilet for me. For an 8 month old, I'll take it!

She also crawled up the stairs today with me staying a step behind her to spot. I'm terrified and proud at the same time.

Bubblesmom2014

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow. She is either much smaller than the average kitten or much younger than you think. A 8 week old kitten usually weighs around two pounds.
They were born on 7/20/2021. I made sure she was old enough to be brought home before even thinking about doing so. She turned 8 weeks old the day of her vet visit. I think she’s just on the smaller side because of how many babies momma had, it was her biggest litter. She had 7 and lost two

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She also crawled up the stairs today with me staying a step behind her to spot. I'm terrified and proud at the same time.
A friend of mine has one of those split level houses with 3 levels. The bottom has tile floors and the rest is wood. So she told me they worked on the stair skills early. They taught them how to go down safely because they just couldn’t realistically block everything off all the time. I would have been so nervous! Someone bought padding for my grandparents house because of all the little kids going up and down their split level too. 🤪

Status
Not open for further replies.