The Positive Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mine is one of those old crank windows and does not have a screen. I use a pole thing to wash it because our house is on a steep slope and the kitchen window is probably 9 ft from the ground. I am 5' with short arms, so I empathize with you! There is currently a cute leaf that is somehow stuck to the window. I cannot get a good picture of it, but something about it makes me think of the Fathiers (space horses) from The Rise of Skywalker. I kind of want to find a way to save it.
I don’t know how high mine is; but it felt like I should shout “timber” when I was cutting these down last year. :lol:
D68E0AF0-8B94-456C-A507-8C06325584EE.jpeg

Do you think you can preserve the leaf somehow? I brought a few leaves home from a fall hike in New England but I never did anything with them so the colors faded and they crumpled up.
I probably ought to wash windows.
Don’t worry; we only get ours done once a year. Usually in the spring.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t know how high mine is; but it felt like I should shout “timber” when I was cutting these down last year. :lol:
View attachment 392800

Do you think you can preserve the leaf somehow? I brought a few leaves home from a fall hike in New England but I never did anything with them so the colors faded and they crumpled up.

I love your sunflowers!

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know you can perserv

I know you can preserve them in epoxy. I have heard of preserving them in glycerine, but I am unfamiliar with that. Mod Podge maybe?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love your sunflowers!
Thanks! I didn't have as good luck this year. They were really fun to grow. And those tall ones right in front of the kitchen window meant the finches were coming to land on them for the seeds and we had an amazing view! I'm planning to do something more like these next year.
I know you can perserv

I know you can preserve them in epoxy. I have heard of preserving them in glycerine, but I am unfamiliar with that. Mod Podge maybe?
Epoxy sounds good but I've never tried it myself. A few years ago I got my niece this really pretty "sea in a seashell" type scene thing at a craft fair. She was transfixed with it. They took a pretty clamshell type shell and inside it they made it look like the ocean shoreline with sand, tiny shells, and some sparkle. I think they used an epoxy to make the water. It was really pretty and I feel bad for not buying DD one too.

I wonder if you could somehow make it into like a hanging ornament with the epoxy so you could still see the light through it? That would be cool! I like hanging like small suncatchers and things in my windows. Or putting polished rocks on the ledge.

Now I'm getting the itch to make something crafty... :rolleyes2: :lol:

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! I didn't have as good luck this year. They were really fun to grow. And those tall ones right in front of the kitchen window meant the finches were coming to land on them for the seeds and we had an amazing view! I'm planning to do something more like these next year.

Epoxy sounds good but I've never tried it myself. A few years ago I got my niece this really pretty "sea in a seashell" type scene thing at a craft fair. She was transfixed with it. They took a pretty clamshell type shell and inside it they made it look like the ocean shoreline with sand, tiny shells, and some sparkle. I think they used an epoxy to make the water. It was really pretty and I feel bad for not buying DD one too.

I wonder if you could somehow make it into like a hanging ornament with the epoxy so you could still see the light through it? That would be cool! I like hanging like small suncatchers and things in my windows. Or putting polished rocks on the ledge.

Now I'm getting the itch to make something crafty... :rolleyes2: :lol:
I did my bathroom floor and kitchen countertop with epoxy! I can see how you could make a hanging ornament with it.

Pressed and dried flower resin table decor. Comes with stand | Etsy

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I tried a new gym class with a new teacher today and loved it. It's called TBC, (Total Body Conditioning). I already take a TBC class with another instructor but was curious whether this class would be different. Turns out it was different but I really enjoyed it. :thumbsup:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Rainy, boring afternoon so I finally worked on a task that I have been procrastinating on. I have had my dementia auntie’s iPad for several months because she no longer remembered her passcode and has tried enough times so that the IPad was disabled. I didn’t know if it was possible to clear it but said I would give it a try. With tremendous help from the internet, a few hours time and a whole lot of trial and error I finally got it cleared and back running! I doubt she will ever use it again but it was fun learning how to fix it.

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The mattress I bought a few weeks ago during the state wide Tax Free holiday arrived today :woohoo: It's so firm 🤗 My old one was a firm but got really squishy soft after 11 years of use. I blame the cats bouncing on and off it daily:redtongue:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday my son came over and wrestled the very very flat tire off of the snowblower. Today I tried to reinflate it myself at the gas station but had no luck so I headed off to the Tires Plus. As I was waiting in line I was wondering if it would be cheaper just to buy a new tire, having no idea what they would charge. But when I finally reached front of the line, they took it to the back and fixed it in a couple minutes at no charge!

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is that I have the option to not get everything on my to do list done today because I will have Monday to pick up the slack. Granted I probably will get everything done but it's nice to know that I don't have to.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We ordered some new crib sheets for J because she only had one pair of regular and one pair of flannel and I wanted backups.

0904212051.jpg

They make me happy.

Also went to my SIL's house earlier to watch the Michigan game since we came back negative for covid, which was fun. Hopefully no one gets sick so we can enjoy our trip to Ann Arbor next weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.