The Positive Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I went to the city centre today with a friend for the first time since pre pandemic!
Doesn’t it feel good to do something a bit normal? Weird and good all at once.

We went to a new church on Sunday. DS loved the kids program. It was different from our usual church (which we haven’t been to since everything started because they have been online only for children) but not in a bad way. The most striking thing was how happy the place was. I don’t know how else to articulate it except to say there was life in the building. The atmosphere was very…vibrant.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Doesn’t it feel good to do something a bit normal? Weird and good all at once.

We went to a new church on Sunday. DS loved the kids program. It was different from our usual church (which we haven’t been to since everything started because they have been online only for children) but not in a bad way. The most striking thing was how happy the place was. I don’t know how else to articulate it except to say there was life in the building. The atmosphere was very…vibrant.
Are you thinking of going back? It sounds like an amazing place

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Are you thinking of going back? It sounds like an amazing place
I think we will. There are a few places I’d like to visit a few times each. That’s really not my nature but I think it would help us get a feel for places to go a few times. I might try listening to older sermons online too.

We had nice cool temps yesterday too. I should have made that hot chocolate! I had coffee instead. But it’s beautiful today and I think we will be picking peas from the garden this afternoon!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My positive is Carleton went to the vet for his annual Rabies vaccine. I was a little concerned about side effects since he's considered a senior now but he did really well and is acting as sweet and affectionate as ever. :catlove:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning when I weighed myself I was at my pre-pregnancy weight! I had salty pretzels today so it'll probably jump up a few ponds tomorrow, but hey, I guess there's advantages to this dairy free diet.

Still would like to lose another 10 or so, because I'd been working on weight loss when I got pregnant, but I'm still pretty happy with this milestone.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is Carleton went to the vet for his annual Rabies vaccine. I was a little concerned about side effects since he's considered a senior now but he did really well and is acting as sweet and affectionate as ever. :catlove:
how about a pic of that lovely guy?

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hobbit likes to watch the cars go by. The other night, I was trying to take care of some plants on the porch while he watched the cars from his pack-and-play. Just as I was taking a picture of him to sound to his momma, a car honked. Look at the excitement on that sweet face!
20210619_211644.jpg

I do not recall mentioning it here, but I sold my old car, Drusilla, less than 24 hours after putting her up for sale. I had parked her at my son's house since she was more likely to be seen there than in our yard around 8 or 9 pm. I printed off a little note to list off all the work she has had done and any problems I personally knew about. I also mentioned that I would take payments under the right conditions. (I know people are still struggling, so, even though she was listed for cheap, she might not have been cheap enough for someone in need.) I explained that her name is Drusilla, that she is a good car, and that I was reluctant to sell her but it was time for a new car. I woke up to a text that posted at 7:30 am practically begging me not to sell her until he got off of work. I ended up with six other calls and texts by noon; however, I decided to let the first person see her before contacting any of the others.

We met up at 2 at my son's. Out of this old (mid-90s) car stepped this skinny, kind of geeky (I say that as a kind-of geeky person myself!), giant of a boy with the biggest grin on his face. (He had to have been 6'6. Iam 5'.) He said that his mom had been driving him to work that morning when he saw Drusilla sitting there for sale. He walked around her a few times, asking questions and grinning at my slightly rusted 2011 Ford Focus. I asked him if he wanted to take it for a drive, and he mentioned wanting to have his dad come by later to take a look because he is a mechanic but lives in the next town over. I told him it was fine to drive it there. He had driven his mom's car over, so he called her and asked if it was okay to leave her car while he test drove mine.

He was gone about an hour, but texted me several times to let me know he had not run off with my car. (I expected him to be gone about that long.) When he returned, he was smiling even bigger than before. The first thing he did was say, "I love Drusilla!" It may be somewhat dorky of me, but the fact that he called her Drusilla melted my heart. He then went to say that his dad said she was a great find with a well-kept engine and transmission. He even pointed out that I had been 100% honest and correct about the things she will need soon: breaks and new struts. He said, "He was surprised that she has so little rust underneath. He said it's a good price, but I should really try to talk you down." To that, I had to laugh a bit. He thought I took offense, so he quickly said, "I have $1,000 in the bank right now. You said you'd take payments. If it's okay, I can pay you the rest when I get my paycheck next Friday." I said, "If you promise to call her Drusilla, I will sell her to you for $1000."

He said, "Really?! You mean it?!" When I said yes, he literally jumped into the air! It was so cute.

Turns out, he had worked with my husband last summer and lives just down the road. When I described him to my husband, he said, "Oh, wow! He's a great kid! Hard worker, super nice. It's too bad you dropped the price so much, but you wanted someone good to buy her, and that is exactly what happened. You know he lives right up on the corner by the church, right?" Nope. I did not. When the kid and I went to get the title notarized, I mentioned my husband. He said, "[H] is your husband! I love that guy!" I said, "I do, too!"

Now, I get to see Drusilla every time I drive into the village! Well, at least when they are home.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Hobbit likes to watch the cars go by. The other night, I was trying to take care of some plants on the porch while he watched the cars from his pack-and-play. Just as I was taking a picture of him to sound to his momma, a car honked. Look at the excitement on that sweet face!
View attachment 385762

I do not recall mentioning it here, but I sold my old car, Drusilla, less than 24 hours after putting her up for sale. I had parked her at my son's house since she was more likely to be seen there than in our yard around 8 or 9 pm. I printed off a little note to list off all the work she has had done and any problems I personally knew about. I also mentioned that I would take payments under the right conditions. (I know people are still struggling, so, even though she was listed for cheap, she might not have been cheap enough for someone in need.) I explained that her name is Drusilla, that she is a good car, and that I was reluctant to sell her but it was time for a new car. I woke up to a text that posted at 7:30 am practically begging me not to sell her until he got off of work. I ended up with six other calls and texts by noon; however, I decided to let the first person see her before contacting any of the others.

We met up at 2 at my son's. Out of this old (mid-90s) car stepped this skinny, kind of geeky (I say that as a kind-of geeky person myself!), giant of a boy with the biggest grin on his face. (He had to have been 6'6. Iam 5'.) He said that his mom had been driving him to work that morning when he saw Drusilla sitting there for sale. He walked around her a few times, asking questions and grinning at my slightly rusted 2011 Ford Focus. I asked him if he wanted to take it for a drive, and he mentioned wanting to have his dad come by later to take a look because he is a mechanic but lives in the next town over. I told him it was fine to drive it there. He had driven his mom's car over, so he called her and asked if it was okay to leave her car while he test drove mine.

He was gone about an hour, but texted me several times to let me know he had not run off with my car. (I expected him to be gone about that long.) When he returned, he was smiling even bigger than before. The first thing he did was say, "I love Drusilla!" It may be somewhat dorky of me, but the fact that he called her Drusilla melted my heart. He then went to say that his dad said she was a great find with a well-kept engine and transmission. He even pointed out that I had been 100% honest and correct about the things she will need soon: breaks and new struts. He said, "He was surprised that she has so little rust underneath. He said it's a good price, but I should really try to talk you down." To that, I had to laugh a bit. He thought I took offense, so he quickly said, "I have $1,000 in the bank right now. You said you'd take payments. If it's okay, I can pay you the rest when I get my paycheck next Friday." I said, "If you promise to call her Drusilla, I will sell her to you for $1000."

He said, "Really?! You mean it?!" When I said yes, he literally jumped into the air! It was so cute.

Turns out, he had worked with my husband last summer and lives just down the road. When I described him to my husband, he said, "Oh, wow! He's a great kid! Hard worker, super nice. It's too bad you dropped the price so much, but you wanted someone good to buy her, and that is exactly what happened. You know he lives right up on the corner by the church, right?" Nope. I did not. When the kid and I went to get the title notarized, I mentioned my husband. He said, "[H] is your husband! I love that guy!" I said, "I do, too!"

Now, I get to see Drusilla every time I drive into the village! Well, at least when they are home.
That is the sweetest story!!!💖

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
It's so hot here but I'm keeping cool with Popsicles and iced tea and ICE, a sugar free
sparkling water. It has a lot of vitamins etc in it. it has a slightly bitter taste to it so I pour
a few drops of Grenadine in it. My fave flavor is the strawberry/watermelon.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had a list of three post vaccine self care goals. One was to get my eyebrows threaded. That was quick and easy so got done first. Today I accomplished the second - go to the eye doctor and refill my contacts.

Now I just need to get my hair cut.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
It's so hot here but I'm keeping cool with Popsicles and iced tea and ICE, a sugar free
sparkling water. It has a lot of vitamins etc in it. it has a slightly bitter taste to it so I pour
a few drops of Grenadine in it. My fave flavor is the strawberry/watermelon.
I always have the Grape Raspberry and Peach Nectarine ICE in the fridge! No sugar and no caffeine.

Status
Not open for further replies.