The Positive Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
game misconduct game misconduct I am very sorry about your favorite tarantula's passing. He is at the Bridge now.:rbheart:
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles Oh my, your anniversary dinner sounds amazing! When I was in Washington DC,
I fell in love with She-Crab soup. I would order it from room service after I had it at dinner the first night
there. I am so hungry after reading your post!

Going to be a perfect day here in Ohio. WIll barely reach 70, very low humidity, and all day sun. In the high 40s
tonight. No need for ac nor heat.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my, your anniversary dinner sounds amazing! When I was in Washington DC,
I fell in love with She-Crab soup. I would order it from room service after I had it at dinner the first night
there. I am so hungry after reading your post!
I don't think I've ever had that. Cream of Crab is popular around here. Some people make it better than others but it's one thing I want whenever I can try it! :yummy: Some people do a "maryland style" too but gosh I like that creamy base!

I got a lot of garden work done yesterday in beautiful weather. This week isn't as hot so I'm trying to take advantage and enjoy it! :cloud9:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH took me clothes shopping today. And get this… I got 2 dresses! And 2 dress tops. I’ve been wearing jeans and tshirts to church for years! I don’t think I’ve worn a dress since my cousins wedding 6/7 years ago! I used to dress up a lot but motherhood definitely put that on the faaar back burner.

I text my bff every single thing I tried on and DD gave me her opinions. My mom is coming by to see everything tomorrow. :flail: Bff’s husband was probably wondering why i was blowing up her phone all evening. We normally reserve that for the daytime.;)

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
DH took me clothes shopping today. And get this… I got 2 dresses! And 2 dress tops. I’ve been wearing jeans and tshirts to church for years! I don’t think I’ve worn a dress since my cousins wedding 6/7 years ago! I used to dress up a lot but motherhood definitely put that on the faaar back burner.

I text my bff every single thing I tried on and DD gave me her opinions. My mom is coming by to see everything tomorrow. :flail: Bff’s husband was probably wondering why i was blowing up her phone all evening. We normally reserve that for the daytime.;)
Pics of new duds?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Looking at the Next Door website this morning I saw a just posted front yard “free stuff” ad for a home just a couple blocks away. I picked up six unopened bags of plastic glasses, about 150 in total, a set of new looking mini spatulas and a couple cans of spray paint. A nice little free haul.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pics of new duds?
Maybe in a few more pounds. 😅 I went through my closet and literally dusted off the hangers. But I found several dress pants/capris that fit. One was pretty tight but you can’t tell with the shirts. So I will have that for when i drop a few more pounds. 😉🙃 And that’s definitely positive. It feels good to know I have things to wear. ☺

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
susanm9006 susanm9006 You always find the best stuff. Have you used your metal detector this year?
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles New clothes are great, aren't, they

I heard fighting on the deck this morning. There was 2 male skunks fighting over cat food which is unusual. One was
a regular blank skunk but the other was one of the reveres skunk babies .I turned on the bright motion light and
the reverse one took off.🦨 There was no squirting, ha!!

Supposed to be nice next week, with 70s, sun and low humidity!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 , no metal detecting yet this year. Too hot and dry for land detecting and have to wait another couple weeks before I can risk lake water splashing in my eye. But even then, my favorite lake spot is now closed to detecting so I am not sure where or when I will go this summer.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My positive is my oldest daughter who was living in CA moved back permanently. Since she's working remote she can do her job from anywhere. DH and I are beyond thrilled to have her back. :heartshape: We helped her move in to her new apartment last week but she still has many boxes to unpack. She's excited to be able to visit Carleton as often as she likes since she missed him too. :lovecat2:

Last edited:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
It's going to be nice beginning tomorrow.☀⛱🌅🧴🕶

Right now there is a severe thunderstorm warning which is not a positive, but I used to have a severe phobia of them and I
still don't like them but my phobia is not nearly as bad..

neely neely I bet you're tickled pink that your daughter is home!!
susanm9006 susanm9006 Sorry about your fave place closing. Hopefully you'll be able to go at some point in time.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After a 5 1/2 hour outage, the power just came back on for everyone but us. We never lost power because of our standby generator- the first time we've needed it in the 3+ years since we had it installed. It's made us very popular in the neighborhood.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been getting bids to have a tree cut down and last week emailed and texted the company I chose. Didn’t get a call or acknowledgement and I have been wondering/fretting if they even received it. But this morning at 9:00 the crew showed up and cut down the tree!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got to chat with my Grandpa a few minutes ago. He lives in an assisted living place but spent a bit over a month at the nursing homes rehab section to help get strength back to his legs. He seems to need the help a couple times a year. Its harder to call there because he has a roommate and isn’t always in his room. But now he’s “home” (he does like it there) and I can call and chat about my gardens again. :redheartpump:

I kept dreaming about my grandparents last night. In the first one I was leaning on Grandpa’s shoulder and it was so realistic I remember what it felt like. I had fallen asleep on the couch so its not like I was actually snuggling DH in my sleep or something. Then they kept coming. I guess we were long overdue for that chat!

Status
Not open for further replies.