The Positive Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
had a kidney doc visit yesterday she said my kidneys are doing better now with the diet changes i have made. primary doc said a1c along with all the other numbers from my blood work are better kinda :lol:i'll never make sense outta those numbers or what they mean other than how much/long i happen to binge or indulge my sweet tooth will affect my blood work numbers along with how many carbs

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
had a kidney doc visit yesterday she said my kidneys are doing better now with the diet changes i have made. primary doc said a1c along with all the other numbers from my blood work are better kinda :lol:i'll never make sense outta those numbers or what they mean other than how much/long i happen to binge or indulge my sweet tooth will affect my blood work numbers along with how many carbs
Carbs are what raises your blood sugar. How high and for how long depends on how well your pancreas is working and how many carbs you ate. The A1C is sort of a 12 week average of what your blood sugar has been. For non diabetics the number should be less than six. For those of us with diabetes they like it less than 7.0 but most doctors are okay with anything in the 7’s.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Carbs are what raises your blood sugar. How high and for how long depends on how well your pancreas is working and how many carbs you ate. The A1C is sort of a 12 week average of what your blood sugar has been. For non diabetics the number should be less than six. For those of us with diabetes they like it less than 7.0 but most doctors are okay with anything in the 7’s.
i finally got mine below 6 and out of the pre diabetic range finally just have to maintain the lower numbers 🙄 but its hard to change how you eat

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
i finally got mine below 6 and out of the pre diabetic range finally just have to maintain the lower numbers 🙄 but its hard to change how you eat
Yes. I started out at 12.9 sixteen years ago and have maintained in the mid sixes since then, without insulin. Big diet change and even bigger change to exercise.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes. I started out at 12.9 sixteen years ago and have maintained in the mid sixes since then, without insulin. Big diet change and even bigger change to exercise.
:lol: my doc sent me to some dietary type class that left me so confused and dissapointed in proper portion sizes to eat etc.:lol: cutting out the cokes everyday made a huge difference though

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
For postive: Yesterday, I went out for an ice cream.. hand made on premises.

I got a non dairy Chocolate, made with Coconut Milk.. It was really good!! Of course, I had to add chocolate jimmies on top.. delish!!

I will have to go back to try the vanilla non dairy with jimmies!!

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
One week post cataract surgery today. While my eye still has periodic twinges of discomfort, my vision is now crystal clear in that eye.
~ That is an amazing procedure. I have been reading up on all the details as I need to have it done . 🧐👁´

Last edited:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Popsicles! I have been on a popsicle bender too, and apparently most of the state has been as well It took THREE stores before I found them in stock.
Susan,

I had them on the list and Kaylee came home with a box of 36 from Walmart!

I don't enjoy hot food when it's this hot and humid so I think I'll have a black forest ham sammie
on DKB 21 grains with mayo and pickles and coleslaw. Maybe a few bananas as well. and a few
popsicles, hee, hee

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Susan,

I had them on the list and Kaylee came home with a box of 36 from Walmart!

I don't enjoy hot food when it's this hot and humid so I think I'll have a black forest ham sammie
on DKB 21 grains with mayo and pickles and coleslaw. Maybe a few bananas as well. and a few
popsicles, hee, hee
Count on Walmart to have what we need!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH and I went to a local seafood restaurant to celebrate our anniversary tonight. Their food is SO good!! I chose a cup of cream of crab soup and a broiled flounder/scallop/shrimp trio with corn nuggets and Brussels sprouts. DH ordered a sampler appetizer so I got to try their fried shrimp as well. They had just a dusting of seasoning and flour and I was SO impressed! Way better than your typical breaded shrimp. The clam strips were huge but tender as well! I brought home over half my food! :lol:

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my favorite tarantula died few days past gf surprised me this morning by telling me "hey lets go get you a new tarantula" :lol:it was a setup cause we spent the day at macy's and nordstrom's along with other shoe stores(:rolleyes3:her mom needs a new pair i guess)then clothing stores:flail:then i got to buy my new tarantula:lol: but she bought me two beef and cheddars from arby's:)

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did they never explain any of that stuff to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.