The Positive Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
How long did the surgery take from beginning to end?

We made yet another trip back to Home Depot today, i think this made 5 trips total so far. We worked on the backyard since the side of the house is done. It was a perfect day for working outdoors, i.e. 73 F and no humidity. I took a pic of my climbing rose on the lattice since it's just starting to get buds.

View attachment 382817
Beautiful. I would love to have roses and have planted them several times but the rabbits eat them to the ground. I would think they are too prickly, but apparently not.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am getting my new-to-me car today! The experience leading up to it has been stressful. I have excellent credit (780-792, depending on which credit bureau you ask), but I have had a hard time because I wanted to just have it in my name. Nothing against my husband, but it is something I wanted. The issue was my individual income is from SSDI and does not meet the income requirements set by most banks. Well, one bank was willing to work with me! After much searching, I went with a 2015 Ford Focus SE with 89,000 (roughly). I looked at a 2016 Ford Focus Titanium; however, I am a weirdo and like the cheaper, older version. Haha!

It is metallic blue (shocking for me) with black seats. I named her Olympia.

My husband surprised me with an offer to help pay it off in a year. He bought his car last year--a 2019 Hyundai Accent--and is a couple of months from having it paid off, so as soon as it is, we will focus on Olympia.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I am getting my new-to-me car today! The experience leading up to it has been stressful. I have excellent credit (780-792, depending on which credit bureau you ask), but I have had a hard time because I wanted to just have it in my name. Nothing against my husband, but it is something I wanted. The issue was my individual income is from SSDI and does not meet the income requirements set by most banks. Well, one bank was willing to work with me! After much searching, I went with a 2015 Ford Focus SE with 89,000 (roughly). I looked at a 2016 Ford Focus Titanium; however, I am a weirdo and like the cheaper, older version. Haha!

It is metallic blue (shocking for me) with black seats. I named her Olympia.

My husband surprised me with an offer to help pay it off in a year. He bought his car last year--a 2019 Hyundai Accent--and is a couple of months from having it paid off, so as soon as it is, we will focus on Olympia.
Do you have a pic of Olympia?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday we ran a few errands near the lake so couldn't pass up walking over to take a pic since the blue water was crystal clear.
IMG_1024.jpeg

Today I worked around the house but my positive is I had a cuddly four-legged friend to follow me from room to room. :catlove:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My friend came over to give me some more baby stuff. Especially grateful for the sleep sacks as she's outgrowing hers, though these ones cover hands so idk how my little thumb sucker will take to them (if she doesn't, we'll just buy bigger ones).

Her baby (14 months) was super excited to meet J and kept trying to hug her, though it looked more like crushing her. We walked to the park and I put J in a swing for a minute and held her going down the slide. She really liked watching my friend's kids play. It was really nice! Definitely a positive day.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After a couple years of watching cleaning, decluttering, and organizing videos on YouTube, I found someone who motivates me to clean stuff that has gotten overlooked. Along with my normal Sunday cleaning, I scrubbed out the silverware container and cleaned the ceiling fan in the living room which probably hadn't been dusted in a really long time. I even took off the light covers and scrubbed them.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
After a couple years of watching cleaning, decluttering, and organizing videos on YouTube, I found someone who motivates me to clean stuff that has gotten overlooked. Along with my normal Sunday cleaning, I scrubbed out the silverware container and cleaned the ceiling fan in the living room which probably hadn't been dusted in a really long time. I even took off the light covers and scrubbed them.
Have to tell you a funny related story about my ceiling fan. It had been up for ten to twelve years when I noticed the blades were starting to peel. I chalked it up to cheap laminate blades and moisture. I eventually decided it was time to take care of the eyesore. I spent weeks research replacement blades and replacement fans. Then one day I decided to climb up and see if I could unscrew a blade. Eye to eye with the fan blades it was immediately apparent what the problem was - what I had been seeing wasn’t peeling, it was a coat of dust so thick it was curling over the edges of the blade. Some serious dust removal and the blades were as good as new. I now dust it much, much more often.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have to tell you a funny related story about my ceiling fan. It had been up for ten to twelve years when I noticed the blades were starting to peel. I chalked it up to cheap laminate blades and moisture. I eventually decided it was time to take care of the eyesore. I spent weeks research replacement blades and replacement fans. Then one day I decided to climb up and see if I could unscrew a blade. Eye to eye with the fan blades it was immediately apparent what the problem was - what I had been seeing wasn’t peeling, it was a coat of dust so thick it was curling over the edges of the blade. Some serious dust removal and the blades were as good as new. I now dust it much, much more often.
With as much dust that was on the blades, I am shocked that whenever the fan was spinning it didn't throw all the dust down onto the floor/table/couch/etc.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
With as much dust that was on the blades, I am shocked that whenever the fan was spinning it didn't throw all the dust down onto the floor/table/couch/etc.
The fan is right over my dining room table, where I sit for a good part of the day and eat my meals. And it runs all summer long. You would think that much dust would be blowing all over but I never noticed it on the table. Totally embarrassing though to think about how I could have not seen that much dust! On the floor, though when you live with a cat with cotton fur, the dust is so thick you wouldn’t notice any extra.
I do wonder how much dust I ate though over the years.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not a neat freak but we have ceiling fans in all the bedrooms. Since the one in our room is over the bed I clean it every year before I turn it on because the thought of the dust falling on us while we're sleeping creeps me out. :eek2:

Status
Not open for further replies.