The Positive Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have cataracts in both eyes colors will be much more bright and vibrant after the surgery.
My dad told me the other day that his eye still throbs from when he got a sparkling wine cork in the eye, when he was opening it for me 3 years ago! He's nuts! He won't tell his doctor. 😲

In them while wearing them. In the bathroom.
Oh man! Guess you can't share a pic of that cuteness? :lol:

My positive is one of my high school friends on Facebook invited me to swim in her pool in July, after we get our vaccinations. I'll try to go. It's something to look forward to, maybe I will be well enough to go.:crossfingers:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh man! Guess you can't share a pic of that cuteness? :lol:
Yeah I didn't snap a picture. :lol:

I had a really pretty pot of new guinea impatients several years ago. I haven't seen ones like them since. I might be getting my flowers at the wrong time for them or something. This is the first year i haven't gotten gebera daisies in a while. BUT all my flowers are growing in nicely out there now. I put together the new pea trellis yesterday and got a good bit of weeding done. It's nice seeing everything progressing and coming together out there! :redheartpump: Oh and we have little tomatoes on almost every plant!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got permission to try the soy challenge! One cup of soy milk every day for seven days to see if J has a reaction. If she does, I stop early and stop all soy again, but if she doesn't, my food options open up a lot! Cross your fingers she doesn't react.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Today's positive is we didn't go back to Home Depot, lol. :lol: We still need a few more things but decided to take a break and give ourselves a rest. Since the weather is supposed to cool off we will wait for the milder temps to go back and get some more supplies.

Last edited:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I have my pre op physical for my cataract surgery this morning and then I need to quarantine until next Tuesday. I am more excited than nervous about getting it done. The doctor told me that because I have cataracts in both eyes colors will be much more bright and vibrant after the surgery. Cant wait to see that.
Are you having both done at the same time?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is we are getting a Walmart pickup order today. We got: Dave's bread, Great Value French roast ground coffee, root vegetable fries, mayo, eggs, natural peanut butter, chocolate peanut butter, cashew butter, country french dressing, thousand island dressing, black olives, green olives, baby corn, dill pickle relish, cottage cheese, sweet potato rotini spirals, spicy szechuan stir fry sauce, gluten free cauliflower cheese pizza, gluten free penne, gluten free frozen mac & cheese, gluten free brownies, gluten free chocolate, cherry vanilla ice cream, anchovies, honey nut o's cereal, wax paper, scour pads, elderberry cough syrup, and I got 2 pair of flip flop sandals- one gray & one black. Hope everything is in stock!

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For the last week my husband has been dealing with prep for a colonoscopy and a kidney stone which meant a lot of stress for me because well... he's male which means he is a baby about things like that. He wasn't sleeping which meant he kept getting me up to "keep him company". Not to mention a 4:30am trip to the ER. My positive is that either the kidney stone has passed or it's in his bladder which means no more pain... no more sleeplessness... no more waking me up so he has someone to whine about it to. :lol:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just checked and about $20 of my Walmart order is out of stock- the black flip flops, all the green olives and black olives, the cashew butter, and they substituted Dave's Killer White bread instead of the whole grain/seeds one. I hope it's good. I picked a different substitute, but they gave me that one for some reason, must be all they had. Can't wait to try it! That's my positive.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just checked and about $20 of my Walmart order is out of stock- the black flip flops, all the green olives and black olives, the cashew butter, and they substituted Dave's Killer White bread instead of the whole grain/seeds one. I hope it's good. I picked a different substitute, but they gave me that one for some reason, must be all they had. Can't wait to try it! That's my positive.
The white bread is pretty good! I had bought that one for my husband to use for French toast and also made some sandwiches with it. I prefer the multigrain ones, but you can't go wrong with DKB I think.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have the smaller white done right bread. Its good! I like it for egg sandwiches on Sunday mornings. I seem to go through phases of which one I like the most. Yesterday I used it for a turkey with Havarti sandwich and it was good!

We got good rain twice yesterday and I’m so thankful! Its been so dry! All that grass watering I did this spring and it was getting SO dry even with running the sprinklers once or twice a week! My neighbors yard was basically all brown. I’ve been out watering my gardens once or twice a day depending on the temperature and plant. I’m sure all the farmers in the area were very happy about it too!:agree:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the smaller white done right bread.
If the other varieties of Dave's bread are bigger, then I definitely want to try them. The bigger the better for sandwiches. I tried the white bread. It's got a good flavor & aftertaste, so that's positive! I'm not sure if it's worth $5 though, I'll have to think about it.

Mia6 Mia6 --since you're the expert on smalls, what type of socks do you wear in the summer? My socks are way too thick and hot. My feet are getting sweaty. I need some positive ideas. Or do you just wear sandals without socks?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If the other varieties of Dave's bread are bigger, then I definitely want to try them. The bigger the better for sandwiches. I tried the white bread. It's got a good flavor & aftertaste, so that's positive! I'm not sure if it's worth $5 though, I'll have to think about it.
Its usually between $4.50 and $5 here; so maybe watch for price changes. Their Everything Bagels are really good! I tried toasting some of the bread DH and DD eat and I couldn't get over the texture after eating whole grain like I have been.They like the Nature's Own; which is good and definitley better than WonderBread or Sunbeam. But sometimes the whole grain breads get to too much too. I feel like this one is a good compromise for my preference. I've been making toast as a side dish on the days we've been busy. The kids think it's a treat instead of having to eat rice or potatoes. :lol:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 --since you're the expert on smalls, what type of socks do you wear in the summer? My socks are way too thick and hot. My feet are getting sweaty. I need some positive ideas. Or do you just wear sandals without socks?
[/QUOTE]

I wear a thin cotton sock ankle length when I wear sneakers. I wear flip-flops as well, no socks ha!!

Status
Not open for further replies.