The Positive Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just got home from a too long trip to Walmart. I got the rest of my tomato and pepper plants and a few flowers. Plus we went through toys, shoes, clothing and toilitries looking for various things (and letting DS use some birthday money). I was getting a headache by the time we were leaving so I let the kids get a treat since it was past lunch time and I got a Dr Pepper. We got to the car and my car key was missing from the carabiner clip I keep them hooked to my purse on! The rest were there; but not the one I'd used to drive there. We had been so many places in the store so I was not happy! No one turned them in to customer service so I checked with the cashier we'd just been at and then we headed to the garden center. The door people there didn't have them either...but DS found them under some plants!! And the remote for our home security system was with them!! Talk about relief!! I wanted to lay down right there in the garden center. :lol:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
When I got up this morning my DD had a wrapped present for me with a card and painting for Teacher Appreciation Week. :redheartpump:
I used to love this time of year when I was teaching, so many treats and good feelings to make teachers feel appreciated for the work they do. :heartshape: I'm glad your daughter appreciates your efforts. :hugs:

Which reminds me, May 7 is National Nurses Day and National Nurses Week runs from May 6-12. When I went out this morning I saw a tribute to one of our neighbors who is an emergency room nurse. Someone had surprised her and put up a display last year at this time too. Here's what it looks like and here's to all the wonderful and hard working nurses especially during this past year. :clap::goldstar::cheerleader:

IMG_0946.jpeg

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I used to love this time of year when I was teaching, so many treats and good feelings to make teachers feel appreciated for the work they do. :heartshape: I'm glad your daughter appreciates your efforts. :hugs:
She's so sweet. I really didn't expect anything. I always decorate the kid's bedroom doors after they go to sleep the night before their birthdays and we get them a hellium balloon every year (except DS's birthday last year because there was a helium shortage). So now she decorates my door and the house. When I had a tooth pulled she left a handful of pennies by my pillow. I know she does that kind of stuff because it means something to her. And that makes it mean more to me too.

I love the nurses signs! I have a few friends and one sibling who have been on the frontline. They've said they won't ever forget what they've seen and learned this past year!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I always decorate the kid's bedroom doors after they go to sleep the night before their birthdays and we get them a hellium balloon every year (except DS's birthday last year because there was a helium shortage). So now she decorates my door and the house.
Children show their appreciation in so many ways and your daughter is showing how much she loves you. :hearthrob: I think it's important to have traditions to pass onto them. My parents did it with my sister and I which is why I carried on the same traditions with my children. Just wait until DD and DS grow up and want to take you out to dinner for special occasions or surprise you with a gift card to one of your favorite places to shop. I never expect it either but it's nice to know how much they care about us.:touched:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got home from a too long trip to Walmart. I got the rest of my tomato and pepper plants and a few flowers. Plus we went through toys, shoes, clothing and toilitries looking for various things (and letting DS use some birthday money). I was getting a headache by the time we were leaving so I let the kids get a treat since it was past lunch time and I got a Dr Pepper. We got to the car and my car key was missing from the carabiner clip I keep them hooked to my purse on! The rest were there; but not the one I'd used to drive there. We had been so many places in the store so I was not happy! No one turned them in to customer service so I checked with the cashier we'd just been at and then we headed to the garden center. The door people there didn't have them either...but DS found them under some plants!! And the remote for our home security system was with them!! Talk about relief!! I wanted to lay down right there in the garden center. :lol:
OMGosh... the same thing happened to my, last week, at Trader Joes.. I also made a quick trip, next door to PetSmart.

I was walking up to the store, putting my keys in my pocket, and zipping the jacket.
Did my shopping...
Went to grab my keys out of my pocket.... all my keys were there, except for Car Key!! I was frightened!!! It fell off the key chain.. the same way as yours...

I was frantic; asking a couple fo women who were entering this tore, to help me look for them.. It was raining at that point!
Finally they gave up... I ran into the store, cart by car... not thinking that someone could steal my groceries...
Frantically asked the cashier who checked me out.. she said no..
Ran up to Service Desk...
Thank God, a kind person turned my lone key in to them.... I was so relieved...
I said a quick prayer .... and heart rate slowly went back to normal...

I was thinking of having to call an Uber to take me home and then another Uber to get back to the Shopping Center...

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DS found them under some plants!! And the remote for our home security system was with them!! Talk about relief!!
Wow! Tell him great save! Good job. :thumbsup:

a kind person turned my lone key in to them.... I was so relieved...
So glad you found it. I remember once when I was living on my own, my dad had to bring me a spare key. It was an hour drive! 😲

My positive is Walmart is giving the corona vaccinations now, which will be closer and more convenient. However, I heard they want to switch to the Johnson and Johnson vaccine because it is one dose and will get everybody vaccinated quicker. I hope it's safe.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I met a good friend for coffee today and we sat outside since the weather was mild and sunny. We haven't seen one another since just before the pandemic and said we have to do this more regularly. I met her when we worked at the same school and had some of the same students in our classroom. When we get together we can talk for hours. She's one of those friends that you feel you have known your whole life. :rbheart:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
My positively beautiful great-niece and nephew, Alyiah, and Grayson
1620300283484.png

My nephew and Sophia with Alyiah
1620300393417.png

After days of rain we may have a break today!! Sun is out now and it may warm up so perhaps I can sit outside. My posse has been coming around. Regina, the reverse skunk I saw last fall, had a baby girl!! She was here over the weekend. Tiny little thing with only one speck of black. I named her Ruth. Connie, Roberto, Willie, Rebel, and Tuxedo cat have been visiting.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
neely neely That sounds wonderful! Glad you were able to do that. One of my friends was mentioning after we both are vaccinated he wants to take me to an ice cream place near his house when I'm able to visit. Love ice cream and looking forward to that.

A rainy dreary day that is super cozy today. Watching a new show on Netflix, which is my type of humor. I'm pretty picky with what I find funny and one of my favorite funny ones just had a season finale, so excited this show just posted a second season on Netflix, woot! Making me giggle.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
One of my friends was mentioning after we both are vaccinated he wants to take me to an ice cream place near his house when I'm able to visit. Love ice cream and looking forward to that.
You should definitely meet outdoors for ice cream and it will be something positive to look forward to. :thumbsup: I think socialization is so important especially after so many people have been isolated during the pandemic.

It's a rainy dreary day here too which is why I've designated it my cleaning/laundry day. Already have the first load in the washer, started to clean the bathrooms and hoping to get the kitchen done next. My positive is I will be glad when it's over and then I can relax with a cup of coffee and my BFF, Carleton. :catlove:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My positively beautiful great-niece and nephew, Alyiah, and Grayson
View attachment 379292

My nephew and Sophia with Alyiah
View attachment 379293

After days of rain we may have a break today!! Sun is out now and it may warm up so perhaps I can sit outside. My posse has been coming around. Regina, the reverse skunk I saw last fall, had a baby girl!! She was here over the weekend. Tiny little thing with only one speck of black. I named her Ruth. Connie, Roberto, Willie, Rebel, and Tuxedo cat have been visiting.
Yes, absolutely beautiful family.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Trying to stay active today to work out some stress. Last year I picked up a hand cart that has wheels designed to haul groceries easily up and down stairs. I thought maybe with some modification I could use it to haul 40 pound bags of salt into the house and down to the basement. It’s pretty much a once a year task that was overdue. I can lift the bags enough to get them in and out of the car but they are just too heavy for me carry them. Added some boards this morning to strengthen the cart and it worked wonderfully. it only took a few minutes and not a huge amount of energy to get two forty pound bags from the car to the softener in the basement.

Status
Not open for further replies.