The Positive Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Received a free sample box even though I didn't sign up for it, haha. Unless this one automatically sends you ones without signing up, but I received an e-mail a sample box was shipping and was surprised. Two samples of sugary cereal and a tuna snack kit, yum!
Lucky! The only free samples I got that I never signed up for was formula, which I ended up giving to my friend who was formula feeding her baby.

Elphaba09 Elphaba09 - That's absolutely amazing, but not particularly surprising for those of us who have seen pictures of your paintings!

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! I am rather excited! I will take pictures once they are on display. It is a year away, so I will be able to get everything ready and pick which ones I want to put up. Thankfully, I do not have to have any sort of reception. My anxiety could not take that.

JulietteTruong

Sassy but sweet calico girl
Alpha Cat
Purraise
37/m, in L.A., in relatively good health. I do have mild asthma, since childhood, but it’s been managed and under control.

1st dose: 3/15/2021. My left arm/shoulder was sore, which was dumb on my part considering I’m a lefty. My sister told me to take a Tylenol an hour beforehand, but I ignored her thinking I’d be fine. The next morning I woke up and it felt like my whole arm, shoulder, and back was achy. It lasted a day or two.

I got my 2nd dose of the Moderna vaccine on 4/15. I learned my lesson, and took a Tylenol beforehand and made sure to stay well hydrated. I got it on my right arm this time. Same soreness, achiness for the rest of the day. Nothing that crazy.
The next day, I woke up and felt like shit! Shoulders, joints, body pains. Lethargy. Minor headache, with cloudy brain fog. Spent the next couple of days with low energy and fatigue.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A couple of weeks ago, I submitted some of my art to a gallery that lets artists use the space for shows. I got an email today saying that they have accepted my work and would like me to come up with 15 to 20 paintings to display! The first opening is in December, but I took a much later date of next June. It is so far away, but it will give me time to get 15-20 paintings either matted or framed. (I like most of my paintings without mats or frames, but the gallery requires one or the other.) I have shown at bookstores and coffee shops, but never at an actual gallery! They do not just accept anyone, so it feels more exciting and scary than the bookstores and shops.

I want to go wake my husband up to tell him! I shan't because his alarm goes off at 2, but I really, really want to!
Congrats!!! So exciting!

Lucky! The only free samples I got that I never signed up for was formula, which I ended up giving to my friend who was formula feeding her baby.
Aw, if your interested I can share the free sampling sites I use. Some have become excessive in that they want you to review the product plus write product reviews on retail sites websites or sharing a review on twitter/facebook. There are some now I am not interested in getting because you only get a small trial size and time requirements are increasing. Plus, it is starting to feel like free advertising for such a low reward. Although, my favorite site sends coupons for a free full item you buy at the store, which is also more natural foods and toiletries!

Funny story though. I didn't sign up for it, but I received a box with 3 full size infant formulas. :oops: 😅 No idea how or where that came from! Haha. I was so confused!

A thunder storm is rolling in and super calming. I can hear the low rumbles and thinking I may sit out on the deck if it feels safe.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

For awhile my parents was getting random free baby formula and coupons in the mail. My siblings and I were adults and none of us have kids and we didn't have cousins or anyone who had babies at that time. The freebies were addressed to someone named Jessica with our last name and address. Which is kind of creepy in a way because there's an inside family joke about a Jessica living in our basement (never quite figured out that whole story). One time it was a box full of baby stuff from Gerber or Similac or some other baby company. I gave that away through FreeCycle to someone in need.

My last holdout retirement fund finally got consolidated with the rest of my accounts:yess: It wasn't much money since I wasn't at the job very long and hadn't really contributed much to it. The fund I picked was kind of meh too. I haven't designated those new funds to anything yet. I'll have to look at what index funds and stocks are worth investing in.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Received a free sample box even though I didn't sign up for it,
That's cool. What kind of cereal? I only like granola or peanut butter cereals.

they have accepted my work and would like me to come up with 15 to 20 paintings to display!
Congrats! Do you have to be there for the showing?

I got my 2nd dose of the Moderna vaccine
Thanks for telling us about your side effects! That helps us know what to expect. I hope it doesn't put me in bed, cause I have stuff to do!

My positive is, I finally figured out what was making my cooking taste like crap. Extra Virgin Olive Oil! Why does Rachael Ray recommend this stuff?! I switched to regular Olive Oil and I'm actually a pretty good cook! Shocker! :lol:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's cool. What kind of cereal? I only like granola or peanut butter cereals.
Super sugary ones, haha. I don't even really eat cereal. It was too sugary for me growing up, but sometimes ate rice kripsies. Guess I've been eating so much sugar lately, the fruit loops tasted pretty good. There was another one I can't remember what it was called, but it had cinnamon in it, so gave that to my mom. Maybe Apple Jacks? Sounds like you may enjoy some of the "healthier" ones? Or do the granola ones taste very sweet?

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
susanm9006 susanm9006 , that pit cleaning sounds dangerous and I know you're short
A couple of weeks ago, I submitted some of my art to a gallery that lets artists use the space for shows. I got an email today saying that they have accepted my work and would like me to come up with 15 to 20 paintings to display! The first opening is in December, but I took a much later date of next June. It is so far away, but it will give me time to get 15-20 paintings either matted or framed. (I like most of my paintings without mats or frames, but the gallery requires one or the other.) I have shown at bookstores and coffee shops, but never at an actual gallery! They do not just accept anyone, so it feels more exciting and scary than the bookstores and shops.

I want to go wake my husband up to tell him! I shan't because his alarm goes off at 2, but I really, really want to!
I'm so excited for you!!!!💖💖

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like you may enjoy some of the "healthier" ones? Or do the granola ones taste very sweet?
No, I don't really like any cereal besides granola. Yes, it's sweet, I can't eat a full bowl of it, so I do half a bowl of granola, half a bowl of diced apple. That dilutes the sugar and tastes fabulous. I love the granola with nut butters in them.

My positive is, I just put in another Target order. Here's what I got: macadamia nuts, pine nuts, whipped raw honey, honey almond butter, honey peanut butter, hemp milk, Korean gochujang bbq sauce, veggie tortilla chips, italian tomatoes, chili tomatoes, roasted garlic & onion tomatoes, coconut rice milk body wash, coconut water mimosa body wash, and got mom 2 cucumber green tea body washes which I think will smell boring, but that's what she wanted.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats!!! So exciting!

Aw, if your interested I can share the free sampling sites I use. Some have become excessive in that they want you to review the product plus write product reviews on retail sites websites or sharing a review on twitter/facebook. There are some now I am not interested in getting because you only get a small trial size and time requirements are increasing. Plus, it is starting to feel like free advertising for such a low reward. Although, my favorite site sends coupons for a free full item you buy at the store, which is also more natural foods and toiletries!
I didn't realize you needed to sign up. I get enough spam emails, lol.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Rain all week, but do I care? Sure do but I can snuggle with Cal as pain levels have risen with rain.
I have a box of Magnum chocolate ice creams bars, popsicles, stuff for sammies, so I'm good. :yess: :clap::cheerleader:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't realize you needed to sign up. I get enough spam emails, lol.
The ones that I do normally require sign up or choose the samples you want. The site I really like does not really send spam, but just e-mails when there are new items to try and reminding you to submit feedback or redeem your coupons you received. Some of the other ones though... lol.

Lazy, overcast morning. with a warm snuggly kitten curled against my side. <3

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I got up this morning my DD had a wrapped present for me with a card and painting for Teacher Appreciation Week. :redheartpump: :lol2: I love this kid! Yesterday I was saying we needed to get a card and gift card for her Sunday School teacher; who has done amazing with the kids via zoom for over a year now. I remember making a comment about it being my week too since I'm their teacher. I guess she took it to heart! :lol: I need to adjust the knots; and then I'll be wearing my new bracelet!

Status
Not open for further replies.