The Positive Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
missed your food lists! Nice to see you back. What are cassava chips and have you tried them yet? Are the buffalo pretzel pieces the synders ones? I used to love eating their cheese flavored ones.
Thanks, I missed making the lists! Cassava is some kind of veggie. I really love vegetable chips. Yes, the pretzel pieces are Snyders. I really like the spicy ones. I didn't even know that I liked pretzels. I tried them crushed up, mixed with melted butter on my baked casseroles instead of breadcrumbs and it was fabulous!

I'm tired of food and need snacks
That's why I try to combine my snack foods with my main dish, like put chips or crackers on my pasta or casserole.

My positive is we put in our Aldi order for Friday. Stay tuned to see what I got! I hope they have the Scorpion Gouda cheese I ordered. It has Trinidad Scorpion peppers, which are one of the hottest in the world! :thumbsup:
1619559943499.png

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sure you're right especially since there's a small park and playground area adjacent to the lake and homes. I was thinking of bringing a baggie with oats for them next time. What would you suggest?
Mine eat corn that is out for squirrels. I looked online and they said lettuce, oats, fresh or frozen peas and sweet corn as some things that are good for them.

Lola3791

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lola has been an indoor cat since I live in an area with a lot of predators and a busy road. I decided to get her a leash and harness so she can have a way to safely go outdoors. This past week, I've been getting Lola used to walking with a harness and leash inside. Yesterday we tried it outside and she loved it! Now every time I go near the door, she wants me to let her out. :lol:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lola has been an indoor cat since I live in an area with a lot of predators and a busy road. I decided to get her a leash and harness so she can have a way to safely go outdoors. This past week, I've been getting Lola used to walking with a harness and leash inside. Yesterday we tried it outside and she loved it! Now every time I go near the door, she wants me to let her out. :lol:
How lovely! What type of harness did you get? I need to start taking Isabelle out again. The lawn service just fertilized/weed prevention, so it may be a little until I take her again. The weather has been nice and warm here though! Great for getting fresh air and sunshine.

I've had similar with Isabelle begging at doors wanting to go outside. Before her harness was placed on when we were in front of the door going outside, and switched that up by getting her to jump on the bed where I'd put it on her. I also started carrying her out the door. It seemed to work and she stopped begging so much. But it is so great they enjoy their time out there and look forward to it!

Had a wonderful overnight temp. With the warm weather yesterday and the windows open, the air was put on overnight to bring temps down. I opened my vents down here and it was so cozy!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Guys, J got two shots today (three vaccines, but one was oral) and she did. not. cry.

I didn't think I was that good at distracting her! I am stunned and amazed and not at all unhappy that I didn't have to spend a lot of time comforting her like I did last month.

She is currently sleeping and dreaming about eating if her little mouth movements are any indication. :heartshape:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Guys, J got two shots today (three vaccines, but one was oral) and she did. not. cry.
Say what?! That's one brave baby. One of the shots was a needle in the mouth? Wow. She deserves a reward. I can't wait until she's on solid food. I bet she will be a real foodie, like us. 🍽

My positive is I just put through a pickup order for Walmart. I'll tell what I got tomorrow, since sometimes they are out of what I order. I hope they have the Goat Milk this time. I really want to try it with my cappuccino powder.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Say what?! That's one brave baby. One of the shots was a needle in the mouth? Wow. She deserves a reward. I can't wait until she's on solid food. I bet she will be a real foodie, like us. 🍽
Nah, it was a syringed liquid (for rotavirus), and two regular shots (dtap and polio). Rotavirus counts as a vaccine, but it doesn't hurt like a shot, so I'm not sure how to describe it.

Her pediatrician said definitely not to start solids yet while we're still figuring out what food she's sensitive to through my breastmilk. Plus I'm planning on doing Baby Led Weaning, and that's not supposed to be started until at least six months anyway. But I'm excited to see what kinds of food she likes.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

I didn't think I was that good at distracting her! I am stunned and amazed and not at all unhappy that I didn't have to spend a lot of time comforting her like I did last month.

She is currently sleeping and dreaming about eating if her little mouth movements are any indication. :heartshape:
What a good little girl she is.

And what a Great Mom, she has!!!!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Had another one of those big steps forward with Willow this afternoon. One fear she has had since I adopted her was having me anywhere near her food. Nearly ten years and no matter how hungry she is she will not eat unless I have left the room and am sitting down elsewhere. If I get up after she starts to eat, she will leave her food. This afternoon she was finishing up her dinner and struggling to get the last couple pieces of food that had dropped to the floor and were pushed under the lip of her dish. I couldn’t resist at least trying to help her so I slowly walked next to her, and darned if she didn’t wait next to her dish while I scooped up the pieces and put them back in her bowl. She calmly finished eating them without seeming to care where I was. Knowing her the next time I try it she will run like I have set her on fire but I also know if she tries something once she will probably repeat it again. It would be really nice to not have to wait until she is done eating to warm up my coffee.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I loooved exploring foods with my kids as babies!! DD is still fun because she’s a good eater. DS less so but he’s surprised me before. I never rushed the solids but they sure were fun! Especially the fruit combos. I bought those for a long time to put on pancakes and waffles for them well into the toddler years.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not sure where to put this, but, since it can be seen as positive, I will put it here.

My husband can home from work around 11 pm and saw two boxes on our front porch. He brought them inside without much thought because we order stuff all the time. He thought it was something I ordered and let me know they were on the couch. I am expecting something this weekend but thought it might have arrived early. No. Not at all.

I opened it without thinking to check the address label. Inside the first box were 12 boxes of 500 cotton swabs. Dumbfounded, I checked for a label. There is a barcode, but no actual label. The second box also contains 12 boxes of 500 cotton swabs. Now we have 12,000 cotton swabs. Yeah?

Since we live in a small village, I am going to ask around to see if anyone is missing their 12,000 cotton swabs before claiming them as my own. I may not need to buy any for the next 10 years!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DD painted my toenails today. I let her do whatever she wanted. So one foot is a light purple and the other is a minty/aqua. Both feet have dark pink flowers painted on every toe. She was so happy! (Until DS stepped on 2 toes twice in 2 minutes because he HAD to help with the laundry. But she fixed it! :lol2: )

Status
Not open for further replies.