The Positive Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I just found out that there is a company that delivers hot meals to the prison where my best friend was transferred! The selection is minimal, but I am ordering her dinner tonight as a surprise (I will have to tell her so she does not go to the cafeteria.) Her birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks, so I plan on sending her and her cellmate something so they can have a nice dinner for it. I am so excited that she will have something good to eat. Even if it is kind of crappy, it is better than prison food. Her last prison had maggots in the food and mice running around. They were reported multiple times State. Twice by me.

I might just have to send a meal each week! I am so very excited!
Wow! Never heard of that before but it is just wonderful that they allow that . You are a good friend. I am sure that will mean so much to her.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is the first I have heard of it. I can order her boxes of, essentially, junk food twice a year, but these are actual meals. Tonight, I am sending her a sesame chicken platter with vegetable fried rice and Szechuan green beans. (I just saw that I have to give them 48 hours notice. Still. That is nice!)

Anyone have a loved one in prison? Check icaregifts.com to see if they deliver.
i only know the california prison systems all packages must be sent by ordering online only now but i have quite a few good friends from childhood locked inside for years still before release some for life all i can do is check on watch over and help their families aside from writing letters or accepting phone calls :lol: cell phones are popular in prisons now. but your a good friend to her though.your contact and stuff done for her means more than you will ever know. people forget about you so easily when your locked up.its a happy feeling getting mail:lol:like hey someone out side remembered me

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Whole-Grain Bread is the overall best healthwise not taste.
I always wondered what that Ezekiel bread tastes like. Is it worth the price?

I just found out that there is a company that delivers hot meals to the prison where my best friend was transferred! The selection is minimal, but I am ordering her dinner tonight as a surprise
You're such a good friend. I love people that think of special things like that. ❤

maggiedemi welcome back!

Hee hee. You got the right Maggie this time. Thanks for missing me everybody, it means a lot. :grouphug:

My positive is I placed a Target order with lots of fun stuff: comb honey, cassava chips, banana potato chips, spicy Doritos Flamas, spicy Takis chips, pretzel crisps, buffalo pretzel crisps, honey mustard pretzel pieces, buffalo pretzel pieces, tex mex trail mix, coarse black pepper, a tonka bean shower gel, and for Dad I got mini Reeses peanut butter cups, spicy ranch seasoning mix, and he wanted some salt without iodine or whatever it's called. I also got some of these storage containers, they are perfect for my snacks:
1619467551944.png

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i only know the california prison systems all packages must be sent by ordering online only now but i have quite a few good friends from childhood locked inside for years still before release some for life all i can do is check on watch over and help their families aside from writing letters or accepting phone calls :lol: cell phones are popular in prisons now. but your a good friend to her though.your contact and stuff done for her means more than you will ever know. people forget about you so easily when your locked up.its a happy feeling getting mail:lol:like hey someone out side remembered me
She just started her13th year of her 15-year sentence. I write a physical letter to her once a month, but now that they have Jpay, I can send a (sort of) email a few times a week. She saves her phone time for her children. I also send her children and grandson gifts from her for birthdays and holidays. She actually lived in Sacramento for several years. Her children live in CA still. Well, her son is in the Army, so he is currently overseas. Her mother and brother live close to me. I have issues with her sister and, occasionally, her mother. Her mother tells people she has two children, and her sister contacts her once every few years and love bombs her.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She just started her13th year of her 15-year sentence. I write a physical letter to her once a month, but now that they have Jpay, I can send a (sort of) email a few times a week. She saves her phone time for her children. I also send her children and grandson gifts from her for birthdays and holidays. She actually lived in Sacramento for several years. Her children live in CA still. Well, her son is in the Army, so he is currently overseas. Her mother and brother live close to me. I have issues with her sister and, occasionally, her mother. Her mother tells people she has two children, and her sister contacts her once every few years and love bombs her.
only 2 left she will be out soon with a lil time to reset the brain and mentality she will be ok friends like you are hard to find

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Things were pretty specific about what we could and could not send my cousin's daughter so it was decided it was just easier to contribute to what she needed via my aunt. My aunt kept track of what she needed and lived closer. I don't think people realize that they depend on outside support for so many things.

I got my petunias and tomatoes potted today. And I found tall buds on some of my irises! We are expecting some hot days this week; so I'm glad I got it done today. :)

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
It's going to be close to 80 today!! Deck time!!

For lunch yesterday, I had a Junior Bacon cheeseburger and Frosty from Wendy's, sooo good!!

Cal thinks the mattress pad is for her only, hee, hee!! She's been jealous lately when she sees me patting
one of the outside gang so when we nap, she wants to cuddle right beside my face, darling girl. This morning
she went out while Wilhelmina was eating and wasn't afraid at all.

MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles Tell me about the 2 naps you had! I bet they were amazing!
susanm9006 susanm9006 Have you named your ducks? They are so sweet. how about David and Daniella?

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just found out that there is a company that delivers hot meals to the prison where my best friend was transferred! The selection is minimal, but I am ordering her dinner tonight as a surprise (I will have to tell her so she does not go to the cafeteria.)
How neat! Never knew that. That will be such a nice treat!

Her last prison had maggots in the food and mice running around. They were reported multiple times State. Twice by me.
What??? The fact that this is "allowed" and hasn't changed after getting reported makes me so angry! These are people still and need to have better conditions. Your friend is lucky to have someone who cares so much. So thankful you have advocated and care about her. <3

My positive is I placed a Target order with lots of fun stuff: comb honey, cassava chips, banana potato chips, spicy Doritos Flamas, spicy Takis chips, pretzel crisps, buffalo pretzel crisps, honey mustard pretzel pieces, buffalo pretzel pieces, tex mex trail mix, coarse black pepper, a tonka bean shower gel, and for Dad I got mini Reeses peanut butter cups, spicy ranch seasoning mix, and he wanted some salt without iodine or whatever it's called. I also got some of these storage containers, they are perfect for my snacks:
I missed your food lists! Nice to see you back. What are cassava chips and have you tried them yet? Are the buffalo pretzel pieces the synders ones? I used to love eating their cheese flavored ones.

It's going to be close to 80 today!! Deck time!!

Sounds lovely! Think it will be a deck day for me, too! Same temps as well. Windows are all open already and enjoying the fresh air.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did a full grocery trip to Jewel last night, rather than just running in for something really fast, because the one that has the pickup doesn't have a great dairy free section and I'm tired of food and need snacks. Aside from the stuff for cooking and my husband, I got myself some pretzels and hummus, dairy free cream cheese and bagels, cereal, some dairy free bread because I ran out of my DKB, so I can have sandwiches, and because the Ben and Jerry's wasn't on sale I got an Open Nature cashew ice cream, a Fronen, and a NadaMoo. We'll see how I like them. I thought Halo Top had the wrong texture and B&J's is the closest to the real thing.

This has really lifted my mood because there's been almost nothing I could eat around these past few days.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What??? The fact that this is "allowed" and hasn't changed after getting reported makes me so angry! These are people still and need to have better conditions.
That is just a "minor" complaint compared to other things she has endured and seen. Just Google "Complaints against ORW Marysville Ohio" and see what pops up. The first and second page of the search should give you a good idea. My friend was one of those women who when to "the hole" for filing the type of complaint mentioned in the search. You can also look up the case of Marcquietta Nored, one woman who sued them for a different but not uncommon reason.

My friend jokes that they transferred her from ORW to another institution because ORW was sick of me calling them and me having the Health Department show up. Right before she was moved, her building COs were making them wash their cups and bowls in the dirty floor utility sink with the mops still in them! I told her if that were the case, she would have spent only a couple of months there before being transferred.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Having a pond and housed there, I am sure they have gotten handouts.
I'm sure you're right especially since there's a small park and playground area adjacent to the lake and homes. I was thinking of bringing a baggie with oats for them next time. What would you suggest?

Status
Not open for further replies.