The Positive Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari DKB will be you new fave bread! I've had 3 loaves so far. I get the thin sliced 21 grains and seeds
susanm9006 susanm9006 Nice stuff, love Madagascar Vanilla!

Will be nice today, mid 60s but lows in the high 30s tonight. Cal and I will be cuddling.

Connie and Roberto were just here for brekkie, darling boys.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I realized since my vaccine is around noon and I'm dropping J off with my parents (they live closer to where I'm going than we do) and visiting afterwards, I won't be having lunch at home. So I'll have to wait one more day for my DKB.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I recovered the ottoman and finished my large painting! I went less abstract than what I wanted, but my husband loves it. It does feel cheery. Here are some closeups of the painting. When I get a good picture of the whole painting, I will post it. Currently, the paint is still wet, so when I attempt to take a whole picture with the current lighting, spots are too reflective to see it as it should be. I will also post a picture of the ottoman later. Hobbit Baby is just starting to fall asleep for his first nap, and if I move from my spot he is going to decide that it is time to play with Mina instead of sleep. Grumpy Hobbit Baby really needs this nap! I wish my camera was better!

20210414_091654 (1).jpg 20210414_091646 (2).jpg 20210414_091711 (1).jpg

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I recovered the ottoman and finished my large painting! I went less abstract than what I wanted, but my husband loves it. It does feel cheery. Here are some closeups of the painting. When I get a good picture of the whole painting, I will post it. Currently, the paint is still wet, so when I attempt to take a whole picture with the current lighting, spots are too reflective to see it as it should be. I will also post a picture of the ottoman later. Hobbit Baby is just starting to fall asleep for his first nap, and if I move from my spot he is going to decide that it is time to play with Mina instead of sleep. Grumpy Hobbit Baby really needs this nap!

View attachment 376559View attachment 376560View attachment 376561
hobbit baby? :lol:

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hobbit baby? :lol:
My grandson is my Hobbit Baby. When he was born, he was a preemie, weighing just over 4 lbs, yet he had huge feet and hands. The nurses kept commenting about how his hands and feet were the biggest they had ever seen in the NICU. His first name is also something that when my husband heard it, he said, "Like Lord of the Rings?" "Hobbit" stuck, even though he is now a rather tall 16-month old with big feet and hands.

I went by Mina because my children called their great-great-grandma who lived with us when they were young "Bena."My husband, sticking with LoTR and as a bit of a joke because he is a very young grandpa (he is younger than I am by several years), goes by Gandalf.

Yesterday, Hobbit Baby went running into the kitchen where he knows he is not supposed to be, and my husband stood in the entryway, held out his arms, and said, "You shall not pass!" Hobbit laughed and ran back to the living room.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love all the unique grandma names. Tootie is one I heard recently. With a lot of kids having multiple grandmas and great-grandmas around its nice to have a distinctive name. My mom and aunt chose Nonie because my grandmas was very involved with the older great-grands. We called my grandma’s sisters Cioci ___. (Polish for aunt.) Last summer I found some Cioci shirts and things on Etsy and sent a shirt to my aunt for her birthday and she LOVED it. I was so proud of finding a gift that was just so spot on. :lol:

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love all the unique grandma names. Tootie is one I heard recently. With a lot of kids having multiple grandmas and great-grandmas around its nice to have a distinctive name. My mom and aunt chose Nonie because my grandmas was very involved with the older great-grands. We called my grandma’s sisters Cioci ___. (Polish for aunt.) Last summer I found some Cioci shirts and things on Etsy and sent a shirt to my aunt for her birthday and she LOVED it. I was so proud of finding a gift that was just so spot on. :lol:
My husband's mother is Hobbit's ZuZu!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I recovered the ottoman and finished my large painting! I went less abstract than what I wanted, but my husband loves it. It does feel cheery. Here are some closeups of the painting. When I get a good picture of the whole painting, I will post it. Currently, the paint is still wet, so when I attempt to take a whole picture with the current lighting, spots are too reflective to see it as it should be. I will also post a picture of the ottoman later. Hobbit Baby is just starting to fall asleep for his first nap, and if I move from my spot he is going to decide that it is time to play with Mina instead of sleep. Grumpy Hobbit Baby really needs this nap! I wish my camera was better!

View attachment 376559View attachment 376560View attachment 376561
I really love this painting!! Omgosh.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! I appreciate the feedback! I really wish my camera was better because it is difficult to see all the colors in it. When it dries, I will see if my daughter will take better pictures when she comes over.

I have sold several the last couple of years and am considering getting more serious about promoting them. Even if it is just to avoid having stacks of paintings and no wall space! Haha! Thankfully, I have a space for this one because my husband is particularly fond of it.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're boring. Both sets are just grandma and grandpa. We'll add in last names if it's not obvious which ones we're talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.