Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
5’ 4.25”
I was 5'4 in the fifth grade, the tallest kid in the class, hee, hee. I only grew another inch. My feet were huge, 8.5 and
I now wear a 9.5 but get 10 in boots. I bet she could wear a 2 or 4 in women's jeans and tops that are not too adult.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was 5'4 in the fifth grade, the tallest kid in the class, hee, hee. I only grew another inch. My feet were huge, 8.5 and
I now wear a 9.5 but get 10 in boots. I bet she could wear a 2 or 4 in women's jeans and tops that are not too adult.
She already wears a size 9 shoe. Shes too slim for even slim womens jeans. I had to measure her and compare size charts last fall! At least with summer stuff the length doesn’t matter. :lol: I was told most females stop growing about 2-3 years after beginning their mensural cycle. Or by 15.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
It’s a glorious day! Clear blue skies, warm sun, 53°F. Makes everything seem positive. :) And a laugh: I had to run an errand, and as I drove by the golf course near where I live, I saw three or four wild turkeys carefully watching a group of guys putting on one of the greens. The turkeys kind of had their heads together while they were staring as if they were discussing the players and their putting skills. The guys looked a little nervous. :lol:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Until the fifth grade I was one of the tallest girls in my class as well, always had to sit in the last row. Then in sixth grade puberty hit and I stopped growing at 5 feet 1/2 inch. Feet were 5.5 and now I am a 6.0. As a child I had blond hair so I tell people quite honestly that I was once a tall blond.

Last edited:

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
Sometimes they do exactly what you want them to do! I’ve had the taller of these two cat trees (bushes? They’re short) in this sunny corner for a year and a half, but I grew tired of the endless bickering about who would get the prime spot in the oval. Usually, Mocha the six-year-old would torment elderly Iris until Iris would give up and jump down. Mocha would then take possession with what looked remarkably like a smirk.

I tried dragging over a kitchen chair with a cushion on it so they could both have good spots. It worked sometimes but it was a pain in the neck for me. I spotted the shorter cat “bush” on sale on Chewy, and voilà! Mocha has decided the new one is hers. Iris is a happy girl. And so is Mom. :thumbsup:
86011756-58FF-4BA7-987E-1A283A6D977A.jpeg

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
It’s a glorious day! Clear blue skies, warm sun, 53°F. Makes everything seem positive. :) And a laugh: I had to run an errand, and as I drove by the golf course near where I live, I saw three or four wild turkeys carefully watching a group of guys putting on one of the greens. The turkeys kind of had their heads together while they were staring as if they were discussing the players and their putting skills. The guys looked a little nervous. :lol:
They were probably deciding on who they would harass. They are not nice birds.

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
They were probably deciding on who they would harass. They are not nice birds.
No doubt. They’re not timid, and they’re BIG! Tiny dinosaur heads, big feathery bodies, and stocky dinosaur legs and feet. They make me laugh, but I do keep a close eye on them (and they on me) when we walk in the mornings. I’ve actually seen them looking in our windows. Freaks out the cats. :lol:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
No doubt. They’re not timid, and they’re BIG! Tiny dinosaur heads, big feathery bodies, and stocky dinosaur legs and feet. They make me laugh, but I do keep a close eye on them (and they on me) when we walk in the mornings. I’ve actually seen them looking in our windows. Freaks out the cats. :lol:
We had a flock a few years ago that camped in a corner yard and one of the Toms decided that no one would pass on the sidewalk and threatened anyone who did.

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
We had a flock a few years ago that camped in a corner yard and one of the Toms decided that no one would pass on the sidewalk and threatened anyone who did.
That reminds me of the large white goose that used to lie in wait and chase people trying to enter the administration building on the campus where I used to work. I always snuck in another door, but it was kind of funny to see the look on people’s faces when they saw him coming after them. The grounds people trapped him and transported him to a pond nearby. I thought he’d come back but he must have liked his more secluded new home. :lol:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been working up to doing some painting as my halls and some walls have gotten pretty dinged up with my renovations. But I am not that comfortable climbing up and down a ladder anymore and really dreaded the work. I realized today that I might not have to if I could salvage any of the wall paints from the new junk/paint pile in the basement. Fortunately I found two of the colors I needed and was able to get enough liquid paint out of the cans to touch up all the bad spots. Ten minutes work and all the dings perfectly covered! I still have two full rooms that need new paint but I might hire someone to do that.

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
Girls usually grow faster/earlier than guys. Going into High School I was 5' and 98lbs. I was tiny growing up, but in college I hit 6' and I'm a pretty solid 180lbs.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Since it's March I got everything to make corned beef and cabbage this week. I'm not waiting for St Patricks Day. :lol:
Girls usually grow faster/earlier than guys. Going into High School I was 5' and 98lbs. I was tiny growing up, but in college I hit 6' and I'm a pretty solid 180lbs.
I keep telling DS this. He is younger than DD so nowhere near that kind of growth spurt age. Every time I measure DD he wants to be measured too but the ruler barely moves. :lol: He's also tall for his age; but more like the 75th percentile vs DD's 99th. :crazy: DH and my Dad were both tall early and DS is shapped a lot like my Dad. So we'll see. I'm sure I will be the shortest one in the family eventually. :lol: I was thinking about it; I think I'll have an easier time with him shooting up in height than I will when his voice changes. :lol:

My friend's little brother was always the smallest, scrawniest kid in our youth group. Our youth pastor used to say "Just wait; he's going to be as big as Big ___." (He's named after his dad.) And yup...one day when he was probably 16 he started shooting up and he's now well over 6' with broad shoulders just like their dad. They both look like linebackers. :lol:

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I "shot up" to 5" when I was between the ages of 8 and 9 and was the tallest girl in the class. My old family doctor—who I swear was a quack—convinced my parents that I was going to be well over 6' tall and should be put on hormone therapy. He actually said "monstrous giant." Thankfully, my parents decided not to get me hormone therapy due to the cost because I never grew another inch. I hit puberty at 9 and that was it. My shoe size is 4 1/2 EE or 4 1/2 EEE, depending on the shoe.

We switched doctors shortly after. We did run into him at the mall once when I was 15-ish. My mother reminded him that I was supposed to be a giant. My only real complaint about my height is that I have a relatively average length torso with short limbs. My inseam is 25".

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I keep telling DS this. He is younger than DD so nowhere near that kind of growth spurt age. Every time I measure DD he wants to be measured too but the ruler barely moves. :lol: He's also tall for his age; but more like the 75th percentile vs DD's 99th. :crazy: DH and my Dad were both tall early and DS is shapped a lot like my Dad. So we'll see. I'm sure I will be the shortest one in the family eventually. :lol: I was thinking about it; I think I'll have an easier time with him shooting up in height than I will when his voice changes. :lol:
I'm 2.5 years older than my brother, and it seemed like one summer I was taller than him, and the next he'd shot up. He was probably 12 or 13. He ended up 6'4" - a full foot taller than me.

Status
Not open for further replies.