The Positive Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ordered some things from the pet store. Some not planned, but needed. I am getting more pheromone refills as it seems to be helping some with Isabelle's anxiety. I'm also getting two scratching posts that were B1G50% off and on sale as Katrina needs more scratching posts made of carpet. Hope she will like the ones I'm getting! So looking forward for tomorrow as it will be stopping at 2 petstores for curbside pickup and stopping at the vet for more medication refills. Should be another nice day, which means a beautiful drive in the sunshine and listening to podcasts along the way.

Oh, and this is the last day my mom is stopping by her friend's house to help pay the bills and other help as the friend is coming home soon. She is getting food from a restaurant near the friends and bringing it home. Looking forward to a turkey and cranberry warp with fruit and soup, and nutella stuffed french toast that also has bananas and strawberries. Yum yum!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My mother, who has been in the hospital for a week and has had six hospitalizations in the last year, has agreed to go to short term rehab care and we have actually found a place that will take her. Most short term care centers around us have turned her down in the past because she really belongs in long term care.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positives: I've received the timetable for the course which was postponed because of COVID 19. It's a year's training course for volunteers willing to give support to people in hospice care or to their relations. I'm not sure yet how or who I'll be able to help, but that's what I'll hopefully find out. All being well it will start in May at the local hospital and not in home-office! But, at least we've been given a starting date!

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your meal sounds just delicious W WillowMarie .
Started with the nutella french toast and it was sweet and delicious. Mom ordered a side of beef hash she told me to take half of, which was a yummy side with the french toast. I've never had it before, but it was salty and good contrast to the sweet. The other food will be saved for later or tomorrow. :)

MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles It was!! Always a fan of nutella. And the turkey cranberry wrap is so good that is my go-to whenever my mom offers to pick me something up from this particular restaurant.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, so this is a very exciting positive! Isabelle was letting Katrina lay very close to her, and I pulled out my camera to take a video. Katrina had just shifted closer and Isabelle's head was up, and it looked like she was going to set her head down which meant Isabelle would have consciously touched Katrina... But then Isabelle started grooming Katrina... with no growling, etc??? What??? I'm not sure what is happening, maybe the pheromone stuff is working very well, but it was so darn cute!!!

Two minutes of full bliss:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Senior physical, ha!! So cute!!
Yes, but they check more signs of health issues that come with age just like people. I got a call from the vet this afternoon and unfortunately his Pancreatitis is acting up again. The positive is it's not as bad as last time so hopefully we can nip it in the bud with meds. But he may have Hyperthyroidism since he tested at the high end of normal. The vet is adding a Free T-4 to his bloodwork so we'll have to wait until the final results come back. Regardless, I will do whatever it takes to treat Carleton and help him grow old gracefully. :catlove:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I did a nasty job this morning and am feeling very proud. Last year I did a major basement clean out of everything except the under the basement steps closet. It is a musty smelling, cobwebbed place where renovation tools, tiles, paints and variety of products have been tossed as projects have been completed over my sixteen years of room renovations.

Got the courage, and the vacuum cleaner and went to town hauling out a shocking amount of dried and unusable paints, products and things I saved from tear outs. Now the basement has a big pile but the closet looks good - an temporarily cobweb free.

Status
Not open for further replies.