The Positive Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ran over something on the freeway yesterday that I couldn't avoid and got a flat tire. That wasn't the positive thing, but what was was the fact that when I changed my car insurance a few weeks ago (because I paid off my car and wanted to go cheaper), I had the forethought to keep the roadside assistance. So I got my car towed to a tire place with no out-of-pocket cost. Also, I replaced all of my tires 2 years ago and was talked into getting lifetime warranties on them. I wasn't so sure about it when I agreed, but last year I hit a pothole really bad and needed the whole wheel replaced and I didn't have to pay for it and then the flat tire I got yesterday, I also didn't need to pay for it. It's probably one of the few times where warranties actually worked out in my favor.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found a nearby church that was allowing people to come in and just get ashes without having to be there for the full service or signing up. I was in and out of the church in less than five minutes and felt relatively safe. And since they put the ashes in my hand to put them on myself, I got to save some for J.

And then I stopped at a Dunkin drive thru on my way home because why not?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
What the heck?! What is with the lecture? I'm not a moron. The mail person came early. It was a substitute person and they came several hours early.
I'm sorry if you misinterpreted what I wrote, in no way did I mean for it to sound like a lecture. I would never do that to you. I thought you meant they didn't deliver the package because the driveway was not shoveled and I was trying to offer an explanation. I hope you received the package now.

My positive is Carleton seems to really like the new wet food I transitioned him to and fingers crossed he continues to eat it. :crossfingers:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
And then I stopped at a Dunkin drive thru on my way home because why not?
hee, hee

Why not, indeed!!

Well, more snow today, supposed to start around 7:00am and last until evening. I'll be ok. I'm been eating so much
yogurt lately and I'm still on the baby applesauce kick, ha!! Yesterday I got containers of mashed potatoes and stuffing
from Bob Evans and my neighbor gave me a bowl of chicken salad..had so much in it, chicken, romain,sunflowers seeds,
peas, shredded cheese, cukes.croutons, yum.

It's 18 degrees now, so much warmer than yesterday at this time when it was only 1!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Got my new eyeglasses, and they fit like a glove.. Not much of a difference in prescription or frame design; but I really needed new ones... Masks were really doing a number on my old ones. These should be sturdier... expensive, but... that is the nature of my prescription.

PMousse

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My positives today are: 1) I squeezed in a Youtube yoga class this morning just before work, and 2) after not getting out for 2 days, I went for a walk with a friend around the neighbourhood and came back inside right before the snow began falling heavily. Yay!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive (and seems to be a very unpopular opinion around here... 😅😊😉) is that it is snowing again this morning! Beautiful big flakes at some point, too, despite not getting very much.
Haha, I've been watching the swingset in our backyard slowly get covered up. It's crazy how much snow there is out there.

Positive is we're ordering pizza for dinner!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Positive; so far.... the snow is a nuisance snow... just enough that it needs cleaning... roads are very good.. at least from what the laundry guy told me..

It will snow in spurts, all day... fine nuisance snow.. Some people are out walking the beach in the snow.. Grey day.. tons of seagulls.. We have had so many clams wash up on the beach, because of all the storms we have gotten. I can see the thick line of clamshells from here; along with the birds lining the shore.... incredible.. Last week, we made the Boston news.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We got a new addition to our extended family this week. :redheartpump: My SIL and BIL adopted their foster son. Because of covid we were able to participate via Zoom from a whole different state. This is the second time we've gotten to do that and it's really just...an amazing experience to be a part of. This poor kiddo is the same age as my DS and had spent over half his life in foster care. No more. He's ours forever. :redheartpump: It was the same judge from the last adoption last spring. The whole part with him took 10 minutes; so it was pretty quick. But he seems like a personable guy interacting with the kids. He held up a teddy bear for him that was waiting for him at the courthouse to pick up later too.

He's also very close in age to DS; who is SUPER excited to have a BOY cousin his age. Usually when we visit it's him plus 3 girls. :lol: Or more accurately; 3 girls being girly and him by himself unless he wants to participate in a dance routine. :crazy: (Not his kind of fun... :flail:)

Status
Not open for further replies.