The Positive Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my mom gave me a hard time and said I could have ordered more snacks
Ha! My dad told me to quit ordering so many desserts! He prefers chips, which I guess are a little bit healthier. I like crackers best. And cheese!

Cheese is my positive. I got 2 bricks of sharp cheese in our Aldi order yesterday. One white and one orange block of store brand.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I posted this in Coffee & Tea Talk but I know not everyone reads that thread. Since it was a perfect ending to our hectic morning of a flat tire I thought I would also mention it as my positive here.

So excited our restaurants and cafes have opened with a 25% capacity limit. You still need to wear a mask and practice social distancing but DH and I were able to sit down and enjoy our hot drinks at one of the local coffee spots we love. I had a cortado which is not a drink I would normally get to go so being able to relax and enjoy it was a special treat. Here's some pics from the cafe today:
IMG_0800.jpeg IMG_0799.jpeg IMG_0802.jpeg

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Those coffees look yummy!

I'm sitting here making my grocery order while hungry and reading what everyone has been getting for snacks. I'm looking at garlic parmasean pretzel bites but ya'll have me wanting all kinds of delicious stuff! :lol:

I went ahead and enjoyed a nice HOT shower this afternoon. It was amazing!! :lol: And I can get another tomorrow! :woohoo:

Mooch has been really snuggly today. She's been snuggling every one of us at some point today. :catlove:

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hobbit Baby is walking! He has taken a step or two at a time for the past couple of weeks, but tonight he suddenly walked halfway across my living room. After he figured out that he can do it, he has been walking about 50% of the time that he is moving around. My daughter is working a 14 hour shift tonight, so I sent her a video when he did it the second time. She is so excited to see him do it in person; however, it has made her night better.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hobbit Baby is walking! He has taken a step or two at a time for the past couple of weeks, but tonight he suddenly walked halfway across my living room.
How exciting! I remember teaching my baby brother to walk. I just kept leading him around the kitchen by the hands, until he could do it on his own. Lovely memory. :)

My positive is, I really loved my baguette that I got in my Aldi order. I baked it for 10 minutes at 400 degrees, then sliced it up like crackers and put my spinach dip on it. So yummy!

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had a lovely art video chat with a friend this morning. I water color painted while she did other craft things. It was nice to catch up with her, and I was excited when she asked if we should do it again in one week or two. So next week will be another video chat, and we both may do coloring that week!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I decided to do my grocery order a day early this week so now tomorrow my kids and i can focus on school stuff. Since they didn't have to go with me I went a little early so I could get them some Valentine's goodies. I didn't get a lot; just a few $1 candy things with some heart plushies that were $1 each too. Oh and little mailboxes they can put by their dooors. They might be light enough for a command strip to hold them up too.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had an intestine like bug thing going on yesterdy but Cal stayed with me all day.
Feel better today/:yess:
Glad you are feeling better today! :heartshape: And glad Cal kept you company while you were not feeling well.

My positive is my guy friend accepted my friend request on Facebook. He hasn't spoken to me yet, but we'll see what happens. :thumbsup:
How exciting! Cannot wait to hear the updates. :)

It started snowing overnight and is still snowing this morning. <3 <3 <3 Feels cozy and looks like a winter wonderland. Excited for the sun to peek out at some point and the world to light up with brightness. We are supposed to get 8 inches.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
We are back in business!! They are still cleaning up my yard some (even my front yard is torn up!!) but we are able to use our water like normal now. My son has finally left the window. :lol: It's too windy to put straw down where new grass needs to grow so they will come back to do that.

I'm going to need to replant my irises from the looks of things. I kind of wish I'd have known so I could dig them up before they came. Maybe the ones on the edges will still be there and come back up. This is giving me an excuse to relandscape the other side of the fence too. I've been wanting a yellow rose bush to honor Noodles. :rbheart:
I'm so happy to hear this!! No more travelling to your mom's for shower's and laundry. Bliss!!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It started snowing overnight and is still snowing this morning. <3 <3 <3 Feels cozy and looks like a winter wonderland. Excited for the sun to peek out at some point and the world to light up with brightness. We are supposed to get 8 inches.
:yeah: Same here, woke up to the sound of shoveling and snowblowers. The wind gusts are not helping causing snow drifts but thankfully I have no plans to step outside today so I might bake, catch up on laundry, read or all three. Maybe even watch a movie.

PMousse

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My positive today is discovering this thread!! I've been feeling quite down for a while because of Covid news + lockdown + dark nights of winter, which exacerbated the anxiety I've been feeling in relationship. But reading this tread has brought a sense of calm to me, as I read about you guys enjoying the small things in life :)

Status
Not open for further replies.