The Positive Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I've been buying garbanzo cakes at Whole Foods for many years and love to eat them. Unfortunately they've been discontinued along with other long standing food products. But a nice staff member in the prepared foods dept. recognized me and said he saved the last 26 in the freezer so I could have them. :yess: Since JB bought Whole Foods it's not the same. :sigh:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have had 2 hummingbirds at our feeder almost constantly this week. They have been zipping back and forth and are just SO fun to watch! I can see them where I sit at the table during school. I've even spotted them perching in the tree branches. They are so small you'd think they were just another leaf.

One came up to the potted plants yesterday and was checking out a plant stake one I have in that pot. The real one is still smaller than the plant stake!

Yesterday I got a little video of them zipping around the feeder and plant I have hanging together. They really are so feisty! :lol: I'd try to upload it to share but it's zoomed even from here. I need a real bird camera!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Sale at the grocery on T bone steaks - 7.99 a pound! Their trick when they have these sales is to cut massively big and thick steaks so a single package can weigh 2.5 pounds. So when I buy a package, I thin slice and cut down each steak into much smaller pieces before vacuum sealing.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hobbit got his cast off! They said the bone looks good and there does not seem to be an issue with the growth plate. He is still upset from the appointment. My daughter said that when they brought the machine in to cut it off he started screaming and then cried all the way home. He has been crying off and on since she dropped him off. I am hoping a good nap will make him feel better.

I have to wait for my son to bring my heat gun before I do my countertop. Because I am waitng, I decided to re-paint my cabinets. I got them apart and started painting. Hobbit came, so I am taking a break. redoing the cabinets was not in the plan; however, I have been wanting to paint my pantry cabinet and my little cart the same color as my cabinets. I saw a gallon of Sherwin Williams cabinet paint in alabaster for less than it would cost me to buy Behr paint for my two items, so now I am painting everything. My husband will be surprised when he wakes up!

Oh! And since my kitchen is so small, I will only use a fraction of the paint, meaning I can resell it for slightly cheaper than I bought it for! I will have newly painted cabinets for almost free!

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hobbit didn't have the cast that long, did he? I guess bones heal faster when you're young!
Just three weeks! Thankfully, it was a minor fracture and not a break. They were worried about the location because it was on his growth plate, but it healed up nicely and they do not foresee any further issues with it.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a great morning. After a full summer of 90 degree day today’s high was only supposed to be mid 70’s, so for the first time all summer I loaded up my detecting gear and detected a local shoreline for a couple hours. Just the usual change but just being out getting fresh air and doing something I love made for a perfect morning.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I met friends for a mini-college reunion today. There are a group of us who live within 15-20 miles of one another so we met for lunch and it was wonderful. 😊 We talked for three hours and the waitress never bothered us. Of course,we left her a nice tip.

Last edited:

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Other than some touch-ups here and there, my kitchen is finally finished! Here is a picture of the kitchen when we first purchased our house in 2014. I remember very clearly the day I was cleaning all the cabinets and put my hand through the floor and into our basement! The people who rented the house did not tell the owner about a small leak that went on long enough to rot the floor. When I stripped the original cabinet doors down to make the current ones, I found rainbow paint under the yellow paint on the drawers. The contact paper-covered "wall" was really some sort of laminate that had been nailed onto a plaster and lathe wall that was mostly crumbled. Good times.

Please, ignore my dirty window. It is dirty on the outside and hard for me to reach.
kitchen.jpg 20210821_234312 (1).jpg 20210821_234345 (1).jpg

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Other than some touch-ups here and there, my kitchen is finally finished! Here is a picture of the kitchen when we first purchased our house in 2014. I remember very clearly the day I was cleaning all the cabinets and put my hand through the floor and into our basement! The people who rented the house did not tell the owner about a small leak that went on long enough to rot the floor. When I stripped the original cabinet doors down to make the current ones, I found rainbow paint under the yellow paint on the drawers. The contact paper-covered "wall" was really some sort of laminate that had been nailed onto a plaster and lathe wall that was mostly crumbled. Good times.

Please, ignore my dirty window. It is dirty on the outside and hard for me to reach.
View attachment 392690View attachment 392691View attachment 392692
It's beautiful!!!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It looks amazing!!

I can't reach the outside of my kitchen windows either. They swing outward so the screen is inside and I can't even get the water drops on the inside easily. :crazy: I actually like that style of window though. I just have to wait for DH to use a ladder to clean them. His arms are way longer anyway. :lol2:

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They swing outward so the screen is inside and I can't even get the water drops on the inside easily
Mine is one of those old crank windows and does not have a screen. I use a pole thing to wash it because our house is on a steep slope and the kitchen window is probably 9 ft from the ground. I am 5' with short arms, so I empathize with you! There is currently a cute leaf that is somehow stuck to the window. I cannot get a good picture of it, but something about it makes me think of the Fathiers (space horses) from The Rise of Skywalker. I kind of want to find a way to save it.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine is one of those old crank windows and does not have a screen. I use a pole thing to wash it because our house is on a steep slope and the kitchen window is probably 9 ft from the ground. I am 5' with short arms, so I empathize with you! There is currently a cute leaf that is somehow stuck to the window. I cannot get a good picture of it, but something about it makes me think of the Fathiers (space horses) from The Rise of Skywalker. I kind of want to find a way to save it.
Husband on a ladder could maybe use grabbers to pull it off.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I probably ought to wash windows.

Anyway, we went out to my brother's apartment, and out to eat at this burger place that had rooftop dining and a vegan cheese option. I had them give me the tomato slice on the side and gave it to J to eat. Which she attempted to. I might feel slightly betrayed, but it's better for her. Then we walked around the river in town there and it was just a nice afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.