The Positive Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Had another one of those big steps forward with Willow this afternoon. One fear she has had since I adopted her was having me anywhere near her food. Nearly ten years and no matter how hungry she is she will not eat unless I have left the room and am sitting down elsewhere. If I get up after she starts to eat, she will leave her food. This afternoon she was finishing up her dinner and struggling to get the last couple pieces of food that had dropped to the floor and were pushed under the lip of her dish. I couldn’t resist at least trying to help her so I slowly walked next to her, and darned if she didn’t wait next to her dish while I scooped up the pieces and put them back in her bowl. She calmly finished eating them without seeming to care where I was. Knowing her the next time I try it she will run like I have set her on fire but I also know if she tries something once she will probably repeat it again. It would be really nice to not have to wait until she is done eating to warm up my coffee.
Awww.....darling Willow.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cotton swab mystery made me sleep even worse than I normally do; however, it has been solved! It was my neighbor who put them on my porch. The neighbor across the street works for the Browns and is changing offices. For some reason, he had 10 boxes of cotton swabs he was told to either dump or give away. Why he has 10, I am not sure, nor am I exactly clear as to why he had to get rid of them. He saw my neighbor outside and gave her four boxes. She kept two and gave us two because we are friends. She knows my PTSD would cause me to have a panic attack if she knocked on my door that late even though we are always up at that time, so she decided to text. Well, she forgot to text.

I did not have the heart to tell her that I have pretty much been awake all night worrying about who put them on my porch and why. Anyway, mystery solved!

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was able to trade my for my missing cards in a game I'm playing. The albums are closing soon and if you complete different sets, as well as the whole album, you can get more prizes. Some cards are untradeable, so not sure if I will complete the whole album, but feels good to have all the tradeable cards. That means if I complete a challenge that gives you a guaranteed missing card, it will be an untradeable one I can only get from the game.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I baked a banana bread to give to someone... I am slicing it; saving the ends for MYSELF!!! I am so selfish.. It smells so good in here...

It is cooling now... I want it... I also need to somehow keep Geoffrey from discovering it, while it cools...

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I baked a banana bread to give to someone... I am slicing it; saving the ends for MYSELF!!! I am so selfish.. It smells so good in here...

It is cooling now... I want it... I also need to somehow keep Geoffrey from discovering it, while it cools...
My tricks are to stick it in the oven if the oven's not warm or the microwave. The cats haven't figured out how to open those yet. :lol:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
For the first time in nearly a year I got my detector out today and searched a nearby park where a tennis court had recently been torn out. Just a small amount of change but the find of the day was a lone peony stalk growing a couple inches out of the rubble. Of course I had to save it and it has now been transplanted to my garden. I cant wait to see what kind of flowers it has.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For the first time in nearly a year I got my detector out today and searched a nearby park where a tennis court had recently been torn out. Just a small amount of change but the find of the day was a lone peony stalk growing a couple inches out of the rubble. Of course I had to save it and it has now been transplanted to my garden. I cant wait to see what kind of flowers it has.
I cannot remember if it was you who said you had, but have you watched "The Detectorists"? It is one of my all-time favorite series. My husband and I played the theme song at our wedding.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I cannot remember if it was you who said you had, but have you watched "The Detectorists"? It is one of my all-time favorite series. My husband and I played the theme song at our wedding.
Yes, it’s hysterical. I especially love the running joke about finding hot wheels cars even in the middle of nowhere because it is so true.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you even know if the like the ends?? My mom loves the ends of bread, but I prefer the middle pieces. Unless it is french bread or similar! Maybe you are doing them a favor...?? Either way, I'm sure they will be delighted to get hand made banana bread. :yummy:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you even know if the like the ends?? My mom loves the ends of bread, but I prefer the middle pieces. Unless it is french bread or similar! Maybe you are doing them a favor...?? Either way, I'm sure they will be delighted to get hand made banana bread. :yummy:
Kind of too late for saving ends. I ate one!

Seriously, they were a bit too dark to give.

Not accustomed to this oven. First time I used it.
Had it at correct temp. I checked it 5 minutes before suggested baking time. It was getting brown around the edges and ends. Seems a bit dry to me.

Oh well. It was the thought. Still giving it.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The microwave has my individually packaged trail mix in There!
I didn't like either of the trail mixes I got, they were way too salty. I want to try one with dried fruit.

My positive is we got our Walmart order- Kung Pao sauce, stir-fry sauce, sambal oelek sauce, chile garlic sauce, Gardetto's rye chips, goat milk, olive oil, extra virgin olive oil, eggs, cabbage, carrots, celery, applesauce, cat litter, catnip, catnip & silverine mix, spicy fiesta ranch mix, mushroom onion dip mix.

Mom got vanilla bean ice cream, cherry vanilla ice cream, gluten free brownies, frozen gluten free mac & cheese, Larabars.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Elphaba09 Elphaba09 Glad the mystery was solved. I would be mystified as well if I found that in front of my house.
susanm9006 susanm9006 Nice find with the peony!!

After an all day rain, today is supposed to be sunny albeit chilly. I'll take it.

I feels so guilty. Cal snuck out around 6:00pm last night and I decided to rest for a bit before I tried
to get her back inside. Well, I awoke at midnight!! When I came down her sad, darling face was looking
at me through the slider. Her top coat, head, and tail were very wet so I dried her off with a warm towel.
She talked and talked, I think she was scolding me but she was purring, wanted pats, and finally settled.
She is a happy girl now.💖

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I came down her sad, darling face was looking
at me through the slider. Her top coat, head, and tail were very wet so I dried her off with a warm towel.
Maggie is terrified of the rain! She's the first cat I ever had that is afraid of it.

My positive is today we get our Aldi order! I will post what I got either tonight or tomorrow. I need to stop buying for a while and use my stash! It looks like a grocery store here.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
:flail: fate was on my side dentist cancelled
Lucky, my dental appointments never cancel - I have a big fear of going to the dentist. As soon as I hear the drill I want to get out of the chair and run. :running:I'm going through a dental implant now. Even though it's a long process, not to mention expensive, I know it will be worth it when it's over. If your teeth are molars or near the back of your mouth I understand you not wanting to go through the lengthy procedure for an implant but if its in the front like one of mine you may want to reconsider. Dentures have their own set of problems so when you reschedule your appointment ask your dentist about the downside of them. Good luck! :crossfingers:

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lucky, my dental appointments never cancel - I have a big fear of going to the dentist. As soon as I hear the drill I want to get out of the chair and run. :running:I'm going through a dental implant now. Even though it's a long process not to mention expensive I know it will be worth it when it's over. If your teeth are molars or near the back of your mouth I understand you not wanting to go through the lengthy procedure for an implant but if its in the front like one of mine you may want to reconsider. Dentures have their own set of problems so when you reschedule your appointment ask your dentist about the downside of them. Good luck!
:lol:i just hate dental visits to many hours spent in pain on that chair and they never use enough nova cain to numb my mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.