The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I'm pretty over it. I can't imagine what we've done my parent's water bill! It's only 2 showers for the kids and I a week but 3-5 loads of laundry when it's normally just 2 of them. It's been 7 weeks now! And they said at the latest it might be early February before they get us in. They are trying to fit us in asap though. (I've been showering "military style" at least once a week at home too but that is NOT ENOUGH!! :cringe::bawling2::paperbag::paranoid:) It's going to be amazing to shower daily and run the dishwasher! :cloud9:
Hope it isn’t as expensive as I am imagining.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have just finished switching home phone service from CenturyLink to my cable provider, Xfinity. A few reasons, but mostly to save around $30 a month. The switchover has been a real pain but in addition to saving $ it has one HUGE bonus. I can now make and receive phone calls on my IPad. No more having to lower the recliner and dart across the room to get the phone! Technology is a wonderful thing.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hope it isn’t as expensive as I am imagining.
DH says it’s reasonable compared to what coworkers have spent. I do know we were approved for the least expensive type of system. So gravity fed. One coworker said he spent over $15,000 on a raised mound. :nervous: Either way its not a fun expense. I’ll be grateful for the small favors in getting approved for a simple system. DH would probably say less than a trip to Disney but that’s debatable!:lol: (I’ve been trying to talk him into another Disney trip for years.)
I took a shower today! Hadn't been much of a priority, but man it felt good.
Showers are definitely a mom’s luxury! Enjoy them!! I still do! :lol:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I bet that felt wonderful;, getting all soaped up, shaving legs, whatever, scrubbing with a loofah or puff,
maybe repeating, ha!!! and that amazing clean smell when you're finished How is JA?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They let you shower right away after having a baby?

My positive is I made a single serve caramel apple for breakfast. It was really easy- just brown sugar, butter, milk, vanilla extract. I think I'm going to make another one and try using white sugar to see which tastes better.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got my house back in order. Took down Christmas lights outside, Christmas decor inside, and the tree. Did a through vacuum and rearranged somethings in the living room.

Gracie seemed to like having the little cat tree by the fireplace when the tree was up so I kept it there. I brought the marshmallow bed from my room into the living room. Boone immediately hopped in and laid down so I guess he is happy.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The caramel apple made with white sugar was disgusting! It never turned brown, just stayed white and tasted like gritty frosting. Definitely not caramel.
But the positive is that I made another yummy brown sugar Caramel Apple that I'm gonna eat after dinner! :cheerleader:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, you can shower but most moms want to rest first. The only restriction is to avoid any strenuous work for 4-6 weeks.

My positive was wishing friends and family a Happy New Year's Eve today. It was nice catching up with some of my friends and talking about our plans for 2021.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My positive is I made a single serve caramel apple for breakfast. It was really easy- just brown sugar, butter, milk, vanilla extract. I think I'm going to make another one and try using white sugar to see which tastes better.
They had me wait until the day after because I still had an IV port in. Once that was gone I was given the clear.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I lost one of my absolute favorite gloves somewhere last week and I was so annoyed with myself. They weren’t expensive and they were a couple years old but they fit so well and were comfortable to use while driving. Fortunately I was able to find the exact same gloves new on EBay and they arrived today.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The first shower after delivery is nearly heavenly. Even with the hospitals hard water. 😂 I was in bedrest after DD but my nurse got permission the next day as long as I sat and she stayed in the bathroom. They don’t play with fall risks. :crazy: Then I got to go see DD for the first time. It feels like yesterday and now we stand eye to eye. 😭💜

My kids are staying up tonight. We had reuben dip, crab dip, pigs in a blanket and veggie bowls for dinner. There is popcorn for munchies and pie and cookies for dessert. DH is already 90% asleep even if he says he isnt.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.