The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Having the Sunshine Skillet from Bob Evans for brekkie or lunch today.

Kaylee made a bed from a cat carrier and Willie used it last night. I think she may have gotten
too hot because I haven't seen her in it since early this morning but she is a roamer.She and
Roberto are quite close..maybe they were in it together? ♥

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Got our dinner for free tonight. Lady in front of me in the drive thru paid for our meal.
Wow, that's fantastic! :thumbsup:

After working out this morning I made a quick grocery stop and picked up one of my favorite savory pastries - a leek parmesan croissant. I don't get it very often but decided to treat myself. :yummy:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
a leek parmesan croissant. I don't get it very often but decided to treat myself. :yummy:
That sounds amazing!! My mouth is watering!!

So I was feeding Conrad this morning and Big Cal snuck out! She didn't know he was there.
I heard some hissing but she didn't want to come in. After about 30 mins I heard her scratching
at the slider and she came bolting in afer I opened it, sweet girl. Maybe she likes him. Willi ate as
well and is in the bed. I must put some Vaseline on her nose as she is trying to cough up a hairball.

A bit cooler today but so bad. I have good books and DVDs.

What's up with you guys?

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
positives:

1) My Covid test was negative... I did not have any symptoms, but the City and the Building management are providing periodic free testing... about once a month, or so...May as well take advantage of it. They want to nip it in the bud, before it gets out of hand..
They are saying the next test may be a rapid, 20 minute one.

2) Learned from a Zoom Meeting with Building Directer, that administration has arranged, with CVS, to come in here to provide us with a Covid Vaccine Clinic.. to all residents..
I was shocked! They are right on top of things! This is not an assisted living facility.. It is listed as Independent Senior Living. We do have quite a few residents who do not really qualify as independent living--so so dependent ... so they are lumping us into the long care hosing status..

We should be one of the first to get the vaccine.. I do not know if that is good or bad.. Kind of afraid of side effects. I get them so easily from any vaccine.. but it is necessary to do something about Covid.

3) Geoffrey's Vet exam went well!! He Cannot gain anymore weight! He went from 13.1 lbs in August to 13.9 lbs in December!! He does not look fat, at all. I attribute that to the change in food. He is eating more dry than wet--for the hairballs.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, Geoffrey is a big boy artiemom artiemom ! I never would have guessed that from pictures of him.
Geoffrey is a very big cat.. very tall, long, and lanky looking.. He is not overweight; does not have a belly!

I am 5'7' .. Geoffrey when standing on his hinds legs can easily reach my waist.

Lying down, on my lap, he goes from my lap down, almost to my ankles, when he stretches out his top half.
He is bigger than a many small dogs. HIs front paws looks as if he has fingers. Yes, seriously.

Geoffrey probably looks smaller in the pictures because he is always curled up... He takes up a good portion of my bed. When he stretches, he takes up almost the entire length of a full size bed, minus the pillow area.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We should be one of the first to get the vaccine.. I do not know if that is good or bad.. Kind of afraid of side effects.
I do not want to turn this into a discussion about the vaccine but just wanted to say I echo your sentiments. :agree: I'm worried about side effects too and will most likely wait for further epidemiology.

My positive is since it's cold but sunny we plan to take a drive to our favorite local roaster and order a special coffee drink. It's become our weekend routine. Since the tighter restrictions here we need something to look forward to no matter how small. It's also a short distance from my husband's favorite prepared foods/bakery shop so if he drives I know we'll make a stop there too. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Geoffrey is a very big cat.. very tall, long, and lanky looking.. He is not overweight; does not have a belly!

I am 5'7' .. Geoffrey when standing on his hinds legs can easily reach my waist.

Lying down, on my lap, he goes from my lap down, almost to my ankles, when he stretches out his top half.
He is bigger than a many small dogs. HIs front paws looks as if he has fingers. Yes, seriously.

Geoffrey probably looks smaller in the pictures because he is always curled up... He takes up a good portion of my bed. When he stretches, he takes up almost the entire length of a full size bed, minus the pillow area.
Lelia is super long, too. I think she was around 10lbs last time she was at the vet, but it's been over a year due to Covid. But they do say male cats tend to be a bit heavier.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Geoffery sounds like Mooch. She’s not quite that big; but anything under 11/12 pounds looks underweight for her. Noodles should have been around 10/11 pounds according to the vet. Even as a kitten Mooch felt more muscle than Noodles did. Now she’s a medium chonk at about 14lb; but she’s on a steroid so I don’t fret. We have had bigger fish to fry. She’s happy and doing the best she can at 15 3/4. :catlove:

She’s currently blissed out on a heated mat on her chair.:purr::cloud9:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My positive is since it's cold but sunny we plan to take a drive to our favorite local roaster and order a special coffee drink. It's become our weekend routine.
To our surprise they put up mini-huts with fleece blankets so people could enjoy a warm beverage and avoid the colder temps. Our area is under a stay-at-home advisory so no one can dine in and cafes/restaurants have to be creative to stay in business.

IMG_0733.jpeg IMG_0739.jpeg

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
picked up one of my favorite savory pastries - a leek parmesan croissant.
That sounds so good! I've never seen savory pastries around here. Just potpies. 👍

Dunkin’s new Sugarplum Machiato
Oh man, that sounds amazing too! And fancy. 👍👍

My positive is I got a bunch of fun things from Nuts.com. I always wanted to order from them and finally did. I got mixed dried fruit, both with sugar & without. I got samples of Mochi and Vegetable Chips. And I got a pound of Vanilla Cappuccino.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My $500 gift card raffle prize from one of the vendors at the virtual conference arrived today :yess: Or maybe it was yesterday. I found the package this morning as I was heading out to the supermarket. It was an Amazon bubble envelope and I was :headscratch: at first because I hadn't bought anything from Amazon lately. I opened the envelope and saw the gift cards inside. I wonder if I can use one of the cards for my upcoming washing machine repair :think:

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
My $500 gift card raffle prize from one of the vendors at the virtual conference arrived today :yess: Or maybe it was yesterday. I found the package this morning as I was heading out to the supermarket. It was an Amazon bubble envelope and I was :headscratch: at first because I hadn't bought anything from Amazon lately. I opened the envelope and saw the gift cards inside. I wonder if I can use one of the cards for my upcoming washing machine repair :think:
When I buy from Amazon it says I can get it paying zero dollars because I have xmoney in my gift card. Dont know how that happened

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Status
Not open for further replies.