The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Positive... Finished with all of this years new Christmas decorations.

My normal ones are in off site storage--- With Covid, I am not trusting going to the storage center to pick them up... Who knows how diligent they are about cleaning.. and who knows how diligent they are to anyone coming in and out: ie, masks, gloves, etc.....

So I picked up some new things, this year... some I will keep and add... I did order some nice things, on line.. It looks festive.. not what I usually have, but festive..

I do miss my own Nativity set. I had it since I was 8 year old... I did buy a small hand carved one piece.. in olive wood, from Bethlehem.. It is has incredible detail.. small, all one piece. They put some pebbles from Bethlehem, enclosed in glass, as a star, in front of the manger.. It is a middle eastern family who owns the company.. profits go to the needy.. they employ family and the needy... great craftsmanship....

Listening to Christmas music... just love this music.. I am a count fan, so Pandora's Country Christmas is playing on Alexa.... until I dig out my own CD's to play...I have been singing all afternoon...
I am taking my Nativity set into work tomorrow to see if anyone wants it. I haven't put it out in years because it's just too fancy for my taste. I have a whole trunk load of stuff to give away.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Michele's older brother continues to make progress in his battle with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. It is painfully, achingly, slow progress, but it is progress nonetheless. Considering where he was at the start, it is a minor miracle that he is still above the grass, instead of looking up at the roots.
SO happy to hear this!!!!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
10 bucks for a pair of smalls??? what are they La Perla?? I just buy Vicky's S
The top part is $10, not the bottoms. Those are called Smalls too, right? I got them from Blair...The bottoms I just buy Fruit of the Loom bikini 3 pack for $11, free shipping on Amazon.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
The top part is $10, not the bottoms. Those are called Smalls too, right? I got them from Blair...The bottoms I just buy Fruit of the Loom bikini 3 pack for $11, free shipping on Amazon.
Yes, they are smalls and socks as well.

I may have to get some FOL That's a good price!!

painwheel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This website has been great in improving the quality of life for my cats by offering wellness suggestions so I'm def feeling positive about that ^^

Also, my great grandmother baked up some penuche fudge and left it on my doorstep this morning, so I'm very excited about sweets gorging today.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This website has been great in improving the quality of life for my cats by offering wellness suggestions so I'm def feeling positive about that ^^

Also, my great grandmother baked up some penuche fudge and left it on my doorstep this morning, so I'm very excited about sweets gorging today.
I had to look that up and now I want penuche fudge.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I may have to get some FOL That's a good price!!
I love how you can get all white bottoms on Amazon. At the stores they make you get those bright colors. :)

blue jays found them before the squirrels. I have been listening to their excited cries all morning
Awww, the blue jays make excited cries? That leaves me with a warm feeling. Thanks for sharing, with the blue jays & with us. ❤

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We’ve had a family of blue jays this fall. They are fun to watch.

This afternoon while we were bringing in our groceries I started making some whistle sounds. DS grabbed a bird whistle you put water in and was walking with that. A mockingbird actually came over!! He went from one side of the driveway to the other watching us! I’m not very good at whistling so it wasn’t intentional but really cool! :clap:

My grandpa could imitate birds and get them to answer back; but I don’t recall them coming to check us out!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I threw out a batch of frozen acorns this morning and the blue jays found them before the squirrels.
I hung two suets in the backyard by a tree for the birds but have the opposite problem, i.e. the squirrels are hanging from them every which way they can. :flail: I tried to take a video but they ran away then came back.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I hung two suets in the backyard by a tree for the birds but have the opposite problem, i.e. the squirrels are hanging from them every which way they can. :flail: I tried to take a video but they ran away then came back.
i don’t do suet for that reason. Squirrels will eat a wooden suet holder to get to it and will even chew on a metal one. I have a squirrel proof peanut feeder instead that the birds eat from year round.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.