The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, if you lived closer, I could share my sugar samples with you. I've even got molasses sugar! :)

Well...what else did you get? You had to know I would ask. :lol:

My positive is I finally got the rest of my Target order. For 3 days in a row the FedEx guy came, rooted around in his truck, then left without giving me my package! Finally after the 3rd time, I said this is ridiculous and I fired off an angry message to FedEx on Facebook. Then he came back and gave me my package. I hate getting angry like that, but 3 strikes and you're out! I waved to him to let him know it was all good. I just wanted my desserts! :lol:
It came
I finally got what I ordered from USPS. 9 days late. Day before it came I got a strange email that they had the wrong email address so they couldnt send it

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have a Fed Ex account
No, I don't have a FedEx account, but I had the tracking number that Target gave me. Every day he would come, root around in the truck, then leave! Then when I would track it, I would see that he switched the delivery day to the next day every time. Strangest thing I ever saw! You would think by the 3rd time, he would set my package on top where he could find it! :headscratch:

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No, I don't have a FedEx account, but I had the tracking number that Target gave me. Every day he would come, root around in the truck, then leave! Then when I would track it, I would see that he switched the delivery day to the next day every time. Strangest thing I ever saw! You would think by the 3rd time, he would set my package on top where he could find it! :headscratch:
They probably have someone loading multiple trucks at once. Its a very fast paced job. DH did that kind of job for a bit. He came home with bruises every day. They had to watch a conveyor belt for what belonged on the trucks they were assigned to, grab it and get it in the right spot and back to the belt. Preferably without missing more coming down the belt. :crazy:

Three days is still a bit much to keep misloading something though. Unless it’s labeled for the wrong truck so the system thinks it’s out; but it’s not on the right truck. So who knows. But that’s my guess.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
a lightweight cotton hoodie
That sounds cozy! Care packages are the best. 🙂

Three days is still a bit much to keep misloading something though. Unless it’s labeled for the wrong truck so the system thinks it’s out; but it’s not on the right truck.
Yeah, something weird like that must have happened because that is odd to let it go on for 3 days! I'm just glad I got my package before the weekend, so I could sample all my desserts. 🍰

got yummy blueberry muffins
Aldi is out of muffins! I wanted to get some in our next order. I guess people are hoarding muffins now. 😭

My positive is I sampled all my desserts. I didn't like most of them, too sweet, but that's okay, at least I know what I like now. I have a few more to sample from Aldi and Walmart. And I haven't gotten my poundcake from Target yet. So far my favorite is caramel apples. Can't find them anymore though, they must be seasonal. I might have to make my own. 🍎

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is I sampled all my desserts. I didn't like most of them, too sweet, but that's okay, at least I know what I like now. I have a few more to sample from Aldi and Walmart. And I haven't gotten my poundcake from Target yet. So far my favorite is caramel apples. Can't find them anymore though, they must be seasonal. I might have to make my own. 🍎
Yeah, usually I see the caramel apples/taffy apples around September/October. I think my Jewel still has a few in November, but they're usually definitely gone by Thanksgiving.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was our last day above freezing, maybe for the rest of winter so I squeezed in a quick outdoor window washing. It was the greatest pleasure to wash the window that used to be above the now removed basement stairwell. Because it was unreachable before it hadn’t been washed in all the sixteen years I have lived here and maybe much longer than that.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, usually I see the caramel apples/taffy apples around September/October. I think my Jewel still has a few in November, but they're usually definitely gone by Thanksgiving.
Thanks for the heads up. I will have to pay more attention to seasonal items. I missed out on a lot of pumpkin spice stuff too, it's all gone.

After that we went to my moms for pizza, wings and showers.
I like your mom more and more. Pizza, showers, and laundry. :cloud9:

My positive is we are doing one more dessert run to Walmart next week, then I will get back to regular food. Hopefully the hoarders didn't buy up everything. I canceled my poundcake from Target. They said it was gonna take 2 more weeks, so I will just get some from Walmart if they have it.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Before going out this afternoon I called an old friend. We've been playing phone tag and finally got caught up today. I told DH I would only be on the phone 30 minutes max. But we had so much to talk about that the time slipped by and we ended up chatting for over an hour. :dunno: She's the type of person I can tell anything to and I'm thankful to have her as a close friend.:touched:

Status
Not open for further replies.