The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to the hardware store today for a furnace filter and they were completely out of the size I needed. The employee told me the warehouse is empty and they don't know when or if they'll be getting them in. So I went to a larger chain store with a wider selection. I not only found one but they were on sale for a great price so I bought two. I found out the reason they're in short supply is due to a fiberglass shortage. Glad I bought two because I wouldn't want to get stuck in winter without a filter for the furnace.
Good to know. I have the kind that only needs to be changed twice a year but I might pick up one to have for spring.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
DH and I estimate that he’ll be around 160-170 lbs, but it is hard to know for sure. His father was over 200 lbs.
Are Mastiffs prone to hip dysplasia? All of our dogs have been larger breeds or mixes, e.g. German Shepherd, Shepherd/Collie mix and are prone to this disease.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My new fridge arrived today. It is smaller than the old one (see previous Positive Post from Sunday) but it fits so much nicer in my kitchen. I have to do something with the old one and I haven't decided if I want to sell it or put it in my basement or in the garage. I'll figure it out, I guess.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love my house but it has a design flaw where all the snow melt spills over the porch roof and onto my walkway to and from the garage. So for as long as I have lived here I spend time nearly every day in late fall and spring sprinkling salt and scraping away accumulated ice. It’s not only a slip hazard but really hard work. But I am done with that (fingers crossed).

I found a company that sells heated walkway mats that can stay on all the time to keep snow and ice from accumulating. Sort of pricey but so worth it if I never have to chop ice again. They are down and plugged in and I can’t wait for snow to see how they work.
Ooo please let us know how they work! My grandma turns 102 on Saturday and lives in a very snowy region. They put a ramp outside her house when my Grandpa was declining and it has some traction things on it; but it sounds like something my Aunt and Dad would really appreciate for her!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I had lunch in the garden at a friend's house the other day and she neglected to tell a neighbour.. he's meant to be asleep but obviously had to see what was going on... it certainly made our day. :)

Possum up.jpg

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I had lunch in the garden at a friend's house the other day and she neglected to tell a neighbour.. he's meant to be asleep but obviously had to see what was going on... it certainly made our day. :)

View attachment 359330
There was a baby possum on the deck about a half hour ago, so sweet!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
That would certainly make my day too, are you going to go back and visit again? :hearthrob:
It was actually the house of a student who organised for the whole class to go around for lunch.. She said it was quite rare.. sometimes his tail would be poking out, but she rarely sees his head.

miss eveliina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Are Mastiffs prone to hip dysplasia? All of our dogs have been larger breeds or mixes, e.g. German Shepherd, Shepherd/Collie mix and are prone to this disease.
They are prone to hip dysplasia as well.
Have any of your dogs actually had it?

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
They are prone to hip dysplasia as well. Have any of your dogs actually had it?
Since we adopted them we did not know their background but fortunately no hip dysplasia. Arthritis in joints and I used supplements. However, if I had gone through a breeder I would have have checked out if the parents were OFA certified.

My positive is my sister sent me a Thanksgiving package - See's extra dark chocolate candy bars. There were a few other goodies but this made my day! 👍

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had most on hand; but not things like molasses and pretty crystal sugar
Awww, if you lived closer, I could share my sugar samples with you. I've even got molasses sugar! :)

There were a few other goodies but this made my day!
Well...what else did you get? You had to know I would ask. :lol:

My positive is I finally got the rest of my Target order. For 3 days in a row the FedEx guy came, rooted around in his truck, then left without giving me my package! Finally after the 3rd time, I said this is ridiculous and I fired off an angry message to FedEx on Facebook. Then he came back and gave me my package. I hate getting angry like that, but 3 strikes and you're out! I waved to him to let him know it was all good. I just wanted my desserts! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.