The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My niece is ok after ending up in hospital after being bitten by a cat (she is a vet). She got a bad infection from the bite.
So glad to hear your niece is okay. :goldstar: Our previous groomer also ended up in the hospital on IV's from a cat bite.

My positive is we got our new oven today. 👍 Our old one bit the dust, it was 22 years old and needed a part that had been discontinued 5 years ago. But I think it's safe to say we got our money's use out of it.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive for today is I only have one more wake up before I'm off work until Nov 30th. But with my wrist hurting since yesterday for unknown reasons, today might just be the last wake up. 🤷‍♀️

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
grew up with an outhouse and then a septic system. Both were a PITA and subject to much smelly drama over the years.
We have a septic tank. Every time my dad has to dig it up to get it pumped out, I yell out the window- "That's a bummer!" :lol:

A $500 Visa gift card
That's awesome! What are you going to buy with it? I can think of a ton of fun stuff I would get. :thumbsup:

My positive is I almost had my Target order. But the FedEx guy rooted around in his truck for 20 minutes, couldn't find it, and just drove off! I hope he comes back. That would be positive. :crossfingers:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That’s awesome LTS3 LTS3 !! :banana1: I’d use it to get the Christmas tree I was trying to talk DH into before the septic started breaking down.:lol:

We have a different class pet today. This one has no qualms about interrupting lessons though. Even if he has to get in your face to make it happen. :lol:
9EED3626-6AA6-446A-92B2-6E42B365D4ED.jpeg
5191BF38-A435-41D5-A9F2-045DCAF72CDA.jpeg
4483C908-FC3D-47B7-A068-32C111D88FC8.jpeg

This is the other one. They are so confused with us being here. But not complaining. (Excuse the state of my hair...)
image.jpg

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I spy a pretty silicone ring! Love the color!
I should start wearing rings again, I miss them. It's a pain though, cause I wash my hands so much. Not sure how hygienic it is to leave them on all the time? I'm a germophobe.

My positive is I got the first part of my Target order. The rest of it comes today. I already ate my cinnamon roll mug cakes. They were too sweet. Hopefully the muffin ones I'm getting today will be better tasting. It's fun sampling all this stuff. :thumbsup:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I should start wearing rings again, I miss them. It's a pain though, cause I wash my hands so much. Not sure how hygienic it is to leave them on all the time? I'm a germophobe.

My positive is I got the first part of my Target order. The rest of it comes today. I already ate my cinnamon roll mug cakes. They were too sweet. Hopefully the muffin ones I'm getting today will be better tasting. It's fun sampling all this stuff. :thumbsup:
I always take my rings off for sleeping. And I would switch to my silicone ones to wear to the gym because they're safer for weightlifting. I was expecting I'd be wearing my silicone rings by now, but know on wood, my fingers haven't swollen up at all yet. That's positive.

Also, we let the cats go down into the basement today and they're super happy about this.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just got almost everything I need for Christmas baking. I had most on hand; but not things like molasses and pretty crystal sugar sprinkles. I found a cute unicorn candle topper for DD’s birthday too. Its not for a while; but I figured I should get it while I saw it!
I spy a pretty silicone ring! Love the color!
Thank you! It matches a lot of my winter wardrobe too. :lol: They are so comfortable to wear. Especially when I’m washing my hands 50bajillion times. I’ve worn the design off this one.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I love my house but it has a design flaw where all the snow melt spills over the porch roof and onto my walkway to and from the garage. So for as long as I have lived here I spend time nearly every day in late fall and spring sprinkling salt and scraping away accumulated ice. It’s not only a slip hazard but really hard work. But I am done with that (fingers crossed).

I found a company that sells heated walkway mats that can stay on all the time to keep snow and ice from accumulating. Sort of pricey but so worth it if I never have to chop ice again. They are down and plugged in and I can’t wait for snow to see how they work.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I went to the hardware store today for a furnace filter and they were completely out of the size I needed. The employee told me the warehouse is empty and they don't know when or if they'll be getting them in. So I went to a larger chain store with a wider selection. I not only found one but they were on sale for a great price so I bought two. I found out the reason they're in short supply is due to a fiberglass shortage. Glad I bought two because I wouldn't want to get stuck in winter without a filter for the furnace.

Status
Not open for further replies.