The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
Cinnamon rolls are one of the few desserts I like. And muffins. Not sure about cookies, I'm going to buy some peanut butter ones next and a peanut butter pie if they have it.

My positive is we got our Aldi order tonight. I got a bunch of fun stuff: Dutch apple pie, vanilla caramel creamer, 2 types of vegetable crackers, sweet potato chips, a fresh mango, vanilla almond milk, onion bagels, blueberry bagels, everything bagels, quinoa crunch veggie burgers, asian veggie burgers, block of lavender espresso cheese, fresh pears, fresh bananas, avocadoes, and various other veggies, beans, and nuts.
well they were very good . i didnt make all the cookies though

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
got to have dinner at my favorite restaurant tonight. Its only the 2nd time I’ve eaten inside a restaurant. There were never more than 4 other tables used while we were in there and they were super prompt about cleaning when people left.
What restaurant did you go to?

I watched 3 eps of one of my favorite tv shows. Season 2 of Sleeper Cell which was on Showtime in 2006.
Also had Haagen-Dazs butter pecan ice cream, so good!

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is that I think the extra wet food feedings is starting to curb Boone's dry food bingeing overnight. There was a decent amount of dry food left in the bowl when I went to feed them breakfast this morning. :hyper:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Went in for my diabetes lab work this morning. Usually this is done every six months but I skipped in May due to COVID. There is always anxiety over the tests and whether my average blood sugar has shot up or not. I was diagnosed more than fifteen years ago and had extremely high blood sugar then and have had to be pretty diligent to get it down and keep it down without taking insulin. But I am thrilled to say that everything came back great and my blood sugar average actually decreased a tad.

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also had Haagen-Dazs butter pecan ice cream
I have their coffee ice cream on my Walmart shopping list.

My positive is I got a bunch more 1oz samples in the mail today- blueberry sugar, apple sugar, clove sugar, ginger sugar, habanero sugar, vanilla sugar, pumpkin powder, honey powder, molasses powder, and a free sample of spicy fire salt.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have their coffee ice cream on my Walmart shopping list.

My positive is I got a bunch more 1oz samples in the mail today- blueberry sugar, apple sugar, clove sugar, ginger sugar, habanero sugar, vanilla sugar, pumpkin powder, honey powder, molasses powder, and a free sample of spicy fire salt.
Those samples sound like great fun to try. Where did you get them!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What restaurant did you go to?
A local British Fish & Chips shop. The owner is from London so I assume it’s authentic. :lol: Its really tasty and the decor is cute. I really need to try some of the other things on their menu. I did try mushy peas there once. They have a picture of sticky toffee pudding on the wall that looks good.

My positive is that I’m almost caught up on laundry. I had to do it at my mother’s because of our septic issues; but I got all but my towels and a small load of reds done. The kids and I got showers too. I left the towels there. I have keys so we can go shower and do those later this week. (DH is still showering at home...military style. He didn’t even let it heat up at all tonight. :lol:)

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
A local British Fish & Chips shop. The owner is from London so I assume it’s authentic. :lol: Its really tasty and the decor is cute. I really need to try some of the other things on their menu. I did try mushy peas there once. They have a picture of sticky toffee pudding on the wall that looks good.

My positive is that I’m almost caught up on laundry. I had to do it at my mother’s because of our septic issues; but I got all but my towels and a small load of reds done. The kids and I got showers too. I left the towels there. I have keys so we can go shower and do those later this week. (DH is still showering at home...military style. He didn’t even let it heat up at all tonight. :lol:)
The Fish and chips place sounds wonderful. The septic system problem not so much. I hope they can get it fixed for you pretty quickly.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds so good. the pudding sounds really good!
susanm9006 susanm9006 Glad your lab work is good
strider rose strider rose I bet you're happy to have your computer working again.
M mags you pick such interesting food

Going to be cold and may have a bit of snow. I've got good books and DVDs to watch

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where did you get them!
This latest batch of samples was from My Spice Sage.

almost caught up on laundry. I had to do it at my mother’s because of our septic issue
Wish she was my mama.

My positive is everything shipped in our Target order except for the poundcake. Is somebody out there hoarding all the poundcake? :lol:The 18 rolls of toilet paper shipped though!

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got a cat food order from Petco that was supposed to be $51.56 for only $20.93. :woo: Between the BOGO 40% off, the 40% off repeat delivery option, and $5 in Pals Reward, I saved a bundle!!! Not to mention I will save some on my next Chewy autoship because I won't have to buy so much. :woo: :woo:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The Fish and chips place sounds wonderful. The septic system problem not so much. I hope they can get it fixed for you pretty quickly.
They said we need to start the process of getting a new one asap. And that can take 2-3 months. But the soil test guy is only 2 weeks out; not a month like our septic period said so that’s positive! :lol: The system was installed in 1982; so its gone beyond normal they said. My house is only 12 years old but the builder kept the septic that was here already. I found the age on county plans.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
susanm9006 susanm9006 I hope so. My family camp in the mountains only had an outhouse so I’m too familiar with those. (Older cousins will really convince you that you are going to fall in!) I was joking with DH last night telling him to go dig us one. 🤪 Thankfully we can use the toilets; we just have to conserve other ways. (And get it pumped here and there.) Its really the wrong time of year for cold showers. :lol:

The plans the county had actually show it wasn’t approved for a house our size; but I’m guessing with more efficient toilets and appliances that it was ok. It’ll be interesting to see the difference.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds so good. the pudding sounds really good!
susanm9006 susanm9006 Glad your lab work is good
strider rose strider rose I bet you're happy to have your computer working again.
M mags you pick such interesting food

Going to be cold and may have a bit of snow. I've got good books and DVDs to watch
oh yes ! im useless without a computer . i do alot of chatting and selling my cat toys online

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
susanm9006 susanm9006 I hope so. My family camp in the mountains only had an outhouse so I’m too familiar with those. (Older cousins will really convince you that you are going to fall in!) I was joking with DH last night telling him to go dig us one. 🤪 Thankfully we can use the toilets; we just have to conserve other ways. (And get it pumped here and there.) Its really the wrong time of year for cold showers. :lol:

The plans the county had actually show it wasn’t approved for a house our size; but I’m guessing with more efficient toilets and appliances that it was ok. It’ll be interesting to see the difference.
We only had a one seat outhouse but the neighbors had a two seater. Us kids, terrified of falling in, always used the neighbors two at a time. One hand holding yourself up and the other holding your partners hand so that you were ready to rescue one another if need be. Seemed pretty normal at the time.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We only had a one seat outhouse but the neighbors had a two seater. Us kids, terrified of falling in, always used the neighbors two at a time. One hand holding yourself up and the other holding your partners hand so that you were ready to rescue one another if need be. Seemed pretty normal at the time.
My cousins just stood outside and tried to scare you more. Ours was fancy with windows so even though they had shades they’d call “I can seeee you!!” And “Look at the spiders!!” Brats! :lol: We would hold onto the door knob to keep from falling. The “knob” was just a rectangular piece of wood. There wasn’t much to hang on to. Especially when you are short and can barely reach!:flail:

Status
Not open for further replies.