The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I had sausage gravy and biscuits for lunch yesterday...so good..haven't had it for a long time. I got from it
Bob Evans.
I love Bob Evans sausage gravy and biscuits! It’s a classic! Sadly, not something I’m going to see in Oregon. But growing up in Ohio, I ate a lot of meals at Bob Evans.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
And... there is a snag in my plan. Got a message saying due to Covid, they don't have any XL sweatshirts. They are willing to send a 2XL for the same price but that might be too big for her. I might have to break the secret and ask her if she still wants it in the larger size.
I would just go ahead and get the 2XL... It may shrink when she washes and dries it.

It would be a gift she would cherish.. and cherish, no matter what..

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Two positives today. I picked up my rower and I used birthday gift cards and cash to buy my birthday present. Something i have wanted for years and hope to use this winter - a router and set of bits. A router makes fancy edges on wood and also cuts grooves in it . Good to have when building things and I have a plan to replace all my worn out birdhouses with ones I will make over the winter. Not sure if I will really need the router but and excellent excuse to buy one.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
To my surprise when I woke up this morning and opened the blinds I saw a beautiful red fox trotting on the sidewalk in front of our house. 🦊 I wish I could have taken a pic but my eyes are usually half open when I first wake up.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
might get some cinnamon rolls too
Cinnamon rolls are one of the few desserts I like. And muffins. Not sure about cookies, I'm going to buy some peanut butter ones next and a peanut butter pie if they have it.

My positive is we got our Aldi order tonight. I got a bunch of fun stuff: Dutch apple pie, vanilla caramel creamer, 2 types of vegetable crackers, sweet potato chips, a fresh mango, vanilla almond milk, onion bagels, blueberry bagels, everything bagels, quinoa crunch veggie burgers, asian veggie burgers, block of lavender espresso cheese, fresh pears, fresh bananas, avocadoes, and various other veggies, beans, and nuts.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Going to be sunny today, something to enjoy because tomorrow we're to have rain and gusty winds

Watched The Talented Mr. Ripley, one of my fave movies, yesterday.. It's one of those movies where
I can close my eyes and know exactly what's going on just by listening.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The previous owners of my house bought a fridge that is way too big for the space, so instead of getting a smaller one, they covered up the light switch to the overhead light and installed a light with a pull-chain. I hated that thing so much. My dad installed an overhead light for me today that goes to the light switch! I have to buy a smaller fridge, but you have no idea how happy I am about having a kitchen light with a switch!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My special positive is today is Carleton's Gotcha Day! :jive: I saved a toy I bought for him when picking up a case of his food this week.

I made a trip to the local roaster for my favorite dark roast coffee beans today. I was running low and since we're on a new stay-at-home advisory starting Monday I didn't want to take a chance of running out of coffee. ☕

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My special positive is today is Carleton's Gotcha Day!
Happy Gotcha Day Carleton! Hope you had a great day.

My positive is Dad and I are going to split that Dutch apple pie with the crumbs on top tomorrow. I think I will heat my half up in the toaster oven and maybe melt a slice of cheese on top. After tomorrow, I only have a few desserts left to sample-- pumpkin pie ice cream and I have 2 of those microwave single mug desserts, one is white cake and one is a chocolate brownie.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got to have dinner at my favorite restaurant tonight. Its only the 2nd time I’ve eaten inside a restaurant. There were never more than 4 other tables used while we were in there and they were super prompt about cleaning when people left.

I also made it to a store for some kids clothes. They price matched their website for me too which was super appreciated! I’ve delayed shopping for my kids this fall.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is I finally got clean underwear without asking. 21 pairs seems to be the magic number. You should have seen me trying to stuff 20 pairs of underwear into the one drawer that I'm allowed to have. Top & bottom underwear, so actually 40. And 20 pairs of socks. :lol: I have to laugh, cause she's just so ridiculous.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is I finally got clean underwear without asking. 21 pairs seems to be the magic number. You should have seen me trying to stuff 20 pairs of underwear into the one drawer that I'm allowed to have. Top & bottom underwear, so actually 40. And 20 pairs of socks. :lol: I have to laugh, cause she's just so ridiculous.
You don’t have your own room? And why just one drawer?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You don’t have your own room? And why just one drawer?
Yes, but she's a terrible hoarder. Every closet and dresser drawer is filled with her crap.

To keep it positive, my positive is we made a Target online order today for some fun stuff: diablo hot sauce, habanero salsa, ghost pepper chips, cinnamon sugar, mac & cheese, toilet paper before the hoarding starts, and some more desserts!

Status
Not open for further replies.