The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
mags, Pink Ladies are one of the last apples to harvest, about a week before Granny's.
Maybe I will get them another time. It's just frustrating when Aldi & Walmart say things are in stock when they aren't. They should enter it into the computer when something sells out.

She Loved a Fireman
That sounds like a good Ann Sheridan movie.

My positive is I did get my cotton candy grapes from Aldi. They are pretty good, I guess they do have a slight sweet cotton candy vibe. They are 5 times as expensive as regular grapes though! Fine to try once, but not sure I would pay that much again.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I enjoy the cotton candy grapes, but will only buy them on a really good sale. I have some regular green grapes right now. (I basically pick my produce by what's on sale, though.)

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't heard my neighbors' dog bark at all today! They usually let it bark for hours every day and I finally had enough and called the cops last night. I'm glad I don't have to wear earmuffs in my house just to escape the noise.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let us see...
The parts for my shower conversion remodel are supposed to be in on the 20th. I am trying not to be too worked up about the crew being in and out all day for a couple of days by focusing on the fact that I am not going to fear for my life every time I take a shower.

We also just splurged a bit on stuff for the house now that my son and his fiancee are 90% moved out. We currently have the smallest room in the house. We are moving upstairs to my son's current room. For it, we bought new paint (After the Storm by Sherwin-Wiliams) at 40% off. We still need curtains and another dresser. I also want a new duvet cover if I can find one at a good enough price to justify it. I am thinking about doing a muted mauve, grey, and white with the dark purple/blue that is "After the Storm." I think it would look lovely.

My daughter's old room is going to be my art room and storage. I want to build a murphy door to access the large space behind the wall for storage. (It is at least 100 sqft of unused space.) That is the distant future though. Our current room, which is lined on one side with a floor to ceiling bookshelf, is going to be my husband's gaming room with a sort of theater in it. We got a comfy loveseat and ottoman and a bigger tv for it. We still plan to watch most things in the living room, but he really wanted a "theater" for "big" movies that, according to him, need a larger tv in a darker room. I get to cuddle with him, so no complaints!

Oh! And we got one of those video doorbells to help with my anxiety of answering the door or being upstairs and not hearing the door.

My daughter worked doubles this weekend, so I have had Hobbit since Friday afternoon and will keep him until tomorrow.

My husband and I are also getting ready for our anniversary trip. It is a couple of weeks away, but my anxiety is already starting to build about it. I am, however, extremely excited!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Let us see...
The parts for my shower conversion remodel are supposed to be in on the 20th. I am trying not to be too worked up about the crew being in and out all day for a couple of days by focusing on the fact that I am not going to fear for my life every time I take a shower.

We also just splurged a bit on stuff for the house now that my son and his fiancee are 90% moved out. We currently have the smallest room in the house. We are moving upstairs to my son's current room. For it, we bought new paint (After the Storm by Sherwin-Wiliams) at 40% off. We still need curtains and another dresser. I also want a new duvet cover if I can find one at a good enough price to justify it. I am thinking about doing a muted mauve, grey, and white with the dark purple/blue that is "After the Storm." I think it would look lovely.

My daughter's old room is going to be my art room and storage. I want to build a murphy door to access the large space behind the wall for storage. (It is at least 100 sqft of unused space.) That is the distant future though. Our current room, which is lined on one side with a floor to ceiling bookshelf, is going to be my husband's gaming room with a sort of theater in it. We got a comfy loveseat and ottoman and a bigger tv for it. We still plan to watch most things in the living room, but he really wanted a "theater" for "big" movies that, according to him, need a larger tv in a darker room. I get to cuddle with him, so no complaints!

Oh! And we got one of those video doorbells to help with my anxiety of answering the door or being upstairs and not hearing the door.

My daughter worked doubles this weekend, so I have had Hobbit since Friday afternoon and will keep him until tomorrow.

My husband and I are also getting ready for our anniversary trip. It is a couple of weeks away, but my anxiety is already starting to build about it. I am, however, extremely excited!
Your house plans sound wonderful!

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your house plans sound wonderful!
Thank you! I am having a hard time adjusting to my children moving out. We thought it would make things easier if I stopped thinking of their rooms as "their" room. Do not get me wrong, I am proud of and happy for both of my children, but my PTSD wants them here. My daughter lives literally a two-minute drive from us, and my son's new house is six minutes away, as long as there is not a train. You would think I would be better about it!

The color choice for the bedroom does, however, have me considering painting the living room, too. I was pressured into doing something light when I really like dark rooms better. We will see how our bedroom turns out.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I spent a quiet afternoon today reading magazines online - a half dozen on home decorating, as many gossip magazines and a few travel ones. Most libraries participate in the RB Digital online lending library where you can “check out” and read current magazines, books and audiobooks. I have been reading my magazines online for seven or eight years and it still feels like such a luxury.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a much needed day off from work :yess: I've already gone to the supermarket and plan to be a slug for the rest of the day. I pulled out the down comforter last night and the cats were :happycat: I'm not sure if they like the extra warmth from sleeping on top of the comforter or if they like the added cushiness to the bed.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Everyone needs a real day of rest once in a while! Weekend days don't count the same because you have the rest of your adult responsibilities!

I got tickets to a local corn maze for later this week! :hyper: We are calling it a field trip day.;) I want to get some apples from the orchard it's at and make an apple crisp. It's a bit too early to get ones for Thanksgiving from there. But they also have great apple cider and cider donuts; all made on the premises. :yummy:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My sister was going to visit her son, d-i-l and granddaughter yesterday night. She's already cancelled two previous trips earlier this year due to the pandemic. Her first flight was delayed so she nearly missed the connecting flight but ran like the dickens and made it to the gate just in the nick of time. They closed the door right behind her and thankfully she arrived safely. :yess:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was such a gloomy day here that my neighbor and I decided to bake. We are going to exchange some of our goodies tomorrow.
You always meet the most interesting people! That sounds like so much fun. What are you baking? I don't usually like desserts, but maybe I would like them at breakfast. It couldn't hurt to try. 🍰🥧🧁🍩

My positive is I'm almost finished with the harvest bagels, and then I can open the pumpkin spice bagels! I smelled them before I put them in the freezer, and they smell amazing. Can't wait to try them. My oldest brother would faint at the idea of eating a bagel every day. He lectures me on how fattening they are, but so far I haven't gained any weight from them. 🙄

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I don't usually like desserts, but maybe I would like them at breakfast.
I love apple pie for breakfast! :) Years ago I mentioned to my mom that I had had apple pie for breakfast, and she was shocked. “Pie? For breakfast?” But it’s no different from an apple turnover or apple danish.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
You always meet the most interesting people! That sounds like so much fun. What are you baking?
Thank you, I value my friendships dearly. As for baking, I made a shoo-fly cake. You can check it out in the Quarantine Baking thread.
BTW, do you like to bake? There are lots of delicious recipes in that thread. 🍰

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love apple pie for breakfast!
I think I would like it warmed up, either in the toaster oven or microwave.

BTW, do you like to bake? There are lots of delicious recipes in that thread.
I like to bake casseroles. I never bake dessert because I never eat dessert. I could give it a try.

My second positive is I'm making a list of other tasty bagels I want to try. Oh my, they sound delicious! French Toast bagels, Brioche bagels, Sweet Hawaiian bagels, and Cheese bagels. Yummy. A bagel a day keeps the doctor away. Literally for me. :lol:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Everyone needs a real day of rest once in a while!
After working 2 weeks straight with no time off and picking up extra work because half the team at work was quarantining, I needed to take today off. I was supposed to have last Thursday off as well but ended up working because I'm considerate of my teammates and hate to leave the remaining 3 healthy people struggling to cover work (well, 2 really since one person does whatever it is she does and is rarely scheduled by the supervisor to cover anyone's work).

My friend sent me two magazines she's done with, the current issue of Martha Stewart Living and a Southern Living magazine. I love MSL :loveeyes: I haven't bought an issue in awhile. A subscription is pretty expensive. I used to watch Martha's tv shows all the time. I think she still has the baking shows on PBS?

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been raining for 24 hours or more but we need it.

Cal and I snuggled a lot yesterday and I watched a few movies. I haven't seen the gang since
Saturday but the white cat came just now so I was able to give him a large portion of food and
placed it underneath the patio umbrella.

The some of you have described has made me so hungry!!

Status
Not open for further replies.