The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
positvie for the day graycie started eating her wet food again. fed her half her normal portion and she ate it got reassurance on other thread i had posted to so all is good. :lol: she is still gettinga vet check this friday maybe nails done to. if the vet people feel she isnt to stressed out i from her check up. she gets a pass until next month for her nails

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When DS was small and in a car seat I had sherpa lined hoodies for him since they can't wear coats in car seats. I always kept cozy baby blankets in the car for the kid's laps too. He never complained about being cold.

My positive today is that I just feel really happy. It feels like today is a holiday or some kind of celebration. I text my BFF that earlier and she said the same. So something good is in the air.:agree:

Plus my birds at the feeders have changed. The woodpecker was back yesterday and I've been seeing a bunch of Tufted Titmice. Yesterday afternoon my backyard almost looked like something out of a Disney movie with all the birds and squirrels out there. I just needed a deer or a bunny or a princess singing or something. :lol: Today is beautiful and sunny too.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Have you looked into LL Bean? They are a bit pricey; but you get “coupons”—- bean bucks for every item, to use at a later time.

I am spoiled. All my outerwear is from them—- so warm and last years and years.
L.L. Bean is such high quality stuff. Lasts forever. (And wandering around the LL. Bean store in Freeport, ME, was a blast—and I’m not even much of a shopper! :) )

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
L.L. Bean is such high quality stuff. Lasts forever. (And wandering around the LL. Bean store in Freeport, ME, was a blast—and I’m not even much of a shopper! :) )
Yes and Columbia. I don't think I'll ever shop at either for say a whole outfit; but for certain things they are worth it. DH likes both stores because he likes hiking and backpacking. Some things can be expensive but I've found deals. My raincoat is currently on SALE for $69...but I got it on Amazon for $45. I've had it for 4 years and it shows no wear yet.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When DS was small and in a car seat I had sherpa lined hoodies for him since they can't wear coats in car seats. I always kept cozy baby blankets in the car for the kid's laps too. He never complained about being cold.

My positive today is that I just feel really happy. It feels like today is a holiday or some kind of celebration. I text my BFF that earlier and she said the same. So something good is in the air.:agree:

Plus my birds at the feeders have changed. The woodpecker was back yesterday and I've been seeing a bunch of Tufted Titmice. Yesterday afternoon my backyard almost looked like something out of a Disney movie with all the birds and squirrels out there. I just needed a deer or a bunny or a princess singing or something. :lol: Today is beautiful and sunny too.
We have three giant woodpeckers living in a tree across the street from us. They are HUGE! I keep trying to get pictures but every time I get close, they fly away to another tree where I can't see them as well.

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
We have three giant woodpeckers living in a tree across the street from us. They are HUGE! I keep trying to get pictures but every time I get close, they fly away to another tree where I can't see them as well.
Are they pileated woodpeckers? Those get to be 15-19 inches long. We have them around here.
84AE8675-A338-49FD-AE8A-58BA244EFBB5.jpeg

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've got a place at a local college for teacher training - it's two days a week which isn't bad at all - one of the days will be at the college, and the other at a local primary/elementary school. Teaching is what I've been wanting to do since I was a young child at school myself, so I'm happy to have got the place!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ooo! I've always wanted to see a Pileated Woodpecker in the wild!

Yesterday it was a Red-bellied Woodpecker. I get those regularly; especially once I put out a treat block in the cold weather. We also get Downy Woodpeckers and I have seen Flicker's several times. The Nuthatches come to the yard now too. The last few years we see a lot more variety in the birds that come through. I have feeders positioned so I can see them when we sit at the table for school and we all enjoy it.

A Blue Jay has been coming to the feeder too. I've seen them toward the back of the yard for a few years; but never at the feeder. He seems to not really fit though so he was mostly taking food from the ground. Some of the little sparrows were not happy with him coming. I know they can be a pest and steal other bird's eggs; but they really are pretty birds.

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
Ooo! I've always wanted to see a Pileated Woodpecker in the wild!
They’re pretty impressive!

We have scads of jays. Not the eastern blue jay with its distinctive top knot but the California scrub jay. They’re pretty much the same, though, with their loud shrieking voices and habit of stealing the eggs of other birds. We also have Steller’s jays in the woodlands. They’re more midnight blue with a blackish top knot. I miss the cardinals of my home state of Ohio.

On my walk this morning I saw and heard a large group of California quail. I was curious because they’re timid birds and stick to areas where they can quickly hide under bushes and brush. But these were in the trees and on the ground chittering away with their cute distinctive voices. And then I saw why. They were worried about a cat that was strolling across the grass and were alerting every quail in the neighborhood that there was danger. Quail swear words.

When I got home, a turkey family—Mom and five young adults—was standing on my porch looking goofy and prehistoric.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Have you looked into LL Bean?
I love LL Bean but haven't been there in awhile. I guess their clothes are such good quality that they haven't worn out yet. 😉 I have several tops and sweaters that are over 10 years old. I bought a door mat approx. 8 years ago for the dog when he came in from a walk and it's still in great condition.

Has he tried REI? Another great store for outdoorsy types.
I love REI also but I find their prices to be even higher than LL Bean. However, I replaced my winter jacket for work with one on sale from REI in 2009 and still wear it. It has lasted me through countless field trips with the students, spills at lunch and inclement weather. The cuffs are starting to show some wear but I can't give it up yet.

I always kept cozy baby blankets in the car for the kid's laps too.
Great minds think alike! :thumbsup: This brings back fond memories since I did the same thing. In fact, I'm such a sentimentalist that I saved those blankets and still have them to this day. I can't bring myself to throw them out since they were a part of their childhood.:hearthrob:

My positive is the insurance company denied my claim from several months ago due to not enough supporting evidence when someone hit my car from behind going through the car wash. I promptly called and gave them additional information which hopefully will help me get reimbursed.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
[/QI think they used to do catalogs? I remember a black and white catalog that used to come and he'd sit there with it even though it was completely boring. :lol: I don't think there are any near us. We usually wander Bass Pro or Cabelas whenever we are near one. My parents like to get DH gift cards for there even though we don’t have one in the immediate area.
I love LL Bean but haven't been there in awhile. I guess their clothes are such good quality that they haven't worn out yet. 😉 I have several tops and sweaters that are over 10 years old. I bought a door mat approx. 8 years ago for the dog when he came in from a walk and it's still in great condition.

I love REI also but I find their prices to be even higher than LL Bean. However, I replaced my winter jacket for work with one on sale from REI in 2009 and still wear it. It has lasted me through countless field trips with the students, spills at lunch and inclement weather. The cuffs are starting to show some wear but I can't give it up yet.

Great minds think alike! :thumbsup: This brings back fond memories since I did the same thing. In fact, I'm such a sentimentalist that I saved those blankets and still have them to this day. I can't bring myself to throw them out since they were a part of their childhood.:hearthrob:

My positive is the insurance company denied my claim from several months ago due to not enough supporting evidence when someone hit my car from behind going through the car wash. I promptly called and gave them additional information which hopefully will help me get reimbursed.
I saved those blankets too. It was nice to grab one for my own lap when DH was driving too. I always bring a pillow and blanket when we goon trips!:cloud9:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I goofed somehow and stuck my reply in the quote in my last post. :doh: :dunno::
I think they used to do catalogs? I remember a black and white catalog that used to come and he'd sit there with it even though it was completely boring. :lol: I don't think there are any near us. We usually wander Bass Pro or Cabelas whenever we are near one. My parents like to get DH gift cards for there even though we don’t have one in the immediate area

I should probably be more careful switching between devices. Especially during school.
I saved those blankets too. It was nice to grab one for my own lap when DH was driving too. I always bring a pillow and blanket when we goon trips!:cloud9:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari Shirt looks good!!!
klunick klunick Love your woodpeckers!
I've got a place at a local college for teacher training - it's two days a week which isn't bad at all - one of the days will be at the college, and the other at a local primary/elementary school. Teaching is what I've been wanting to do since I was a young child at school myself, so I'm happy to have got the place!
So happy for you, Alice!!! :hugs: :redheartpump:

Very chilly this morning and yesterday, had to put the umbrella down but opened it back up later on.

I washed the cammies and long-sleeved shirts that Nicole gave me for bd and they turned out nice.
I didn't shrink anything, hee, hee. She gave me 2 LLB corduroy shirts hand-'me-downs last year, one
pink and one green but I need to rewash and use fabric softener several times so they'll become softer.

Two of the Ginger Gang are asleep on my deck chairs. I got a used wicker chair with a high back
that one of the neighbors was giving away. Kaylee cleaned and sanitized, then I piled on old throws,
an old bed pillow and a blanket. Glad it's getting some use, ha!

Will be in the 60s today, may have a bit of rain but we so need it.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My son and daughter-in-law are officially homeowners! Yay! Things were looking iffy for a little while because the company that owned the house was being difficult, there was a question about a cash bonus my son received, and, for some reason, his Social Security number was coming back as not matching him. He was supposed to sign last week, but it was pushed back to Monday. Monday was pushed to Tuesday at 1. Then 3. In the end, the guy came to our house at 10 pm (seriously!) Tuesday. Yesterday. the money was transferred, papers were filed, and he got the keys at 4 pm. They are doing some work before they move in, though.

Baby Hobbit started physical therapy a couple of weeks ago because he is 9 months and was unable to sit for more than a couple of seconds on his own. According to the doctor and the therapist, his prematurity and his height are hindering him. He is 30" (76.2 cm) long, which puts him at the 99 percentile for his age, or something along those lines. I just know that he is exactly half my height! Haha! He is in 18 months clothes and will be out of them soon if this keeps up. (His father is 6' 6"/6' 7".) They said that tall babies have a difficult time balancing.

Anyway, since he started therapy, he can sit on his own and can go from being on his stomach to sitting! He is also army crawling very well! He is trying to crawl, but he keeps putting his feet on the ground rather than his knees.

GreyLady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A positive for me was that Bonnie came down this morning to get breakfast with the rest of the cats when I opened the can. She's been sneaking down later until now. Took her 2 months!! She used to follow me around as I got dressed, and be the first to eat at the apartment. She has made a lot of progress in the last month regaining her confidence.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive for today is that I think Gracie is finally softening toward me and isn't as mad as she has been since I threw a pillow at her and Boone on Monday. She came when I called her, let me pet her, and even purred. I will know when all is forgiven when she either sits/sleeps on my lap or when she sleeps on my pillow when I am sleeping. She only does that latter over the weekend so we'll see tomorrow night.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is my sore right leg feels so much better today after wearing really tight jeans on my 2 hour walk. This leads me to believe it really is a blood clot, despite my doctor saying it couldn't be. I know wearing compression stockings can help heal blood clots and these spandex jeans were tight like those. Unless compression clothing can also help heal a pulled muscle? That's what my doc thinks it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.