The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad you are better. Right now I am sweating from being outside a few minutes!
Thank you. Summer goes by so fast in NY that if you blink, you miss it.

Evercrisp, (gala and honeycrisp blend)
Oh wow, that sounds like an amazing apple cross! I wonder if they have that here in Upstate NY?

Geoffrey is beginning to finally be a lap cat!
Yay! I wish Demi was a lap kitty, but he does stand on top of my stomach to knead & suck on his blankie. I don't know how my incision ever healed with him on top of it constantly. But that's his spot & who am I to tell him no. 🙄

My positive is I'm finally warm! I'm wearing my new long sleeve fleece light blue heather sweatshirt. I'll experiment with some other fabric shirts, but I really think fleece sweatshirts are it for me, toasty warm.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Can't wait for some of my fave apples. Evercrisp, (gala and honeycrisp blend), are sooo good!!
My 2 faves are Pink Lady and Granny Smith, the last to be harvested here.We have 3 orchards
nearby. Nicole made an amazing peach pie and sent down a huge slice. Her best ever!
I think I've had Evercrisp. I'll have to keep an eye out. My favorite is called Sweet Tango. It's sweet yet tart and SO good with maple almond butter. Our local orchard started picking apples a couple weeks ago. We can go pick ourselves too; you just have to sign up so they can limit the number going. I don't know if we will go yet but DH has some time off soon. I need to see what varieties they are picking at that time. I don't like any apple that can get mushy. But I'm craving apple crisp! I love apple season!

It was down to 72 in the house when I got up. We are expecting a few more hot days; but not too hot. It looks like good kayaking weather for the next few weeks so DH is looking forward to that. We've only been out once this year! We are looking forward to it. And hopefully DS's new glasses will come in early. We got him Transitions lenses because he seems so sensitive to the sun. I think he will enjoy being out on the water more with them. The rest of us wear sunglasses because of the reflection but it's hard when you need a prescription or the other option is to not see the beauty of nature so clearly.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom , I get a senior flu shot every year and this was the first that made me feel ill for a day, like I was coming down with something. May be they are stronger or something this year or maybe it is just COVID paranoia.
I do not jnow which one it was. I had both the senior flu shot and the Prevnar pneumonia shot... It could be the combo of both.. I still do not feel 100%, but I am better.. appetite is not there... that is ok... I also have my "normal' sick torso rash, which I always get when I am really sick. I am chalking that up to the vaccinations. I am ok.. I know where it is coming from.

I had a Covid Test this past Friday-- negative.. so I am ok..

Huge Positive for me!!!
I was finally informed that I can park in the parking lot!!! I am so happy!! I have been waiting since Feb, 2019!! The parking lot has been full. I finally managed to get it!! My name finally came up on the waiting list... I am so happy.. so relieved!! Now, I do not have to worry about getting a spot on the street!! I can come and go as I please!! Especially before the bad weather! I am so happy ~~`

Happy Dance, for me!!! :bunnydance::woo::gingercat2:

I am so grateful!! This is a big load off of my mind... The maintenance guys in hear are awesome at cleaning the parking lot for residents!! I am soooo happy... I feel Blessed...

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I think I've had Evercrisp. I'll have to keep an eye out. My favorite is called Sweet Tango. It's sweet yet tart and SO good with maple almond butter. Our local orchard started picking apples a couple weeks ago. We can go pick ourselves too; you just have to sign up so they can limit the number going. I don't know if we will go yet but DH has some time off soon. I need to see what varieties they are picking at that time. I don't like any apple that can get mushy. But I'm craving apple crisp! I love apple season!

It was down to 72 in the house when I got up. We are expecting a few more hot days; but not too hot. It looks like good kayaking weather for the next few weeks so DH is looking forward to that. We've only been out once this year! We are looking forward to it. And hopefully DS's new glasses will come in early. We got him Transitions lenses because he seems so sensitive to the sun. I think he will enjoy being out on the water more with them. The rest of us wear sunglasses because of the reflection but it's hard when you need a prescription or the other option is to not see the beauty of nature so clearly.
I have had Transition lenses for many years. I really love them! They are great. You do not have to even think about sunglasses. They take the place of them..

Only thing: not as dark as regular dark sunglasses, but with a baseball cap~ visor, you are all set..

I also get the anti-reflective lenses. Not completely anti-reflective, but it does help...

I really like Mutsu apples (cross between a green and golden delicious), and Jonah Gold... my favorites!!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Small positive but relieved - we had our annual furnace and a/c check today. Fortunately everything is in great working order. 👍
That is a BIG positive, neely neely . Can be very costly when they don’t pass. Had one “red tagged” during its annual check which means that it can not be turned on and must be replaced.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Basement door project DONE. Despite four hours of jackhammering Willow had an excellent day, A few hours hiding in the basement in the morning and then she spent the rest of the day upstairs and fairly calm. I am looking forward to running errands tomorrow, buying a new blind and supplies to start a refinishing project on the thrift store dresser I bought some weeks ago.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get to leave work 15 minutes early today because my idiot coworker decided she needed to take her lunch break right before I was heading out the door. Everyone else was in a meeting and we can't leave the office unattended so I had to stay. I know this coworker was hoping I would leave at my normal time so she could report me to the new boss but that didn't happen. I made sure she looked like the jerk, not me.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite is called Sweet Tango
I've never had that one.Will have to check it out.
M maggiedemi You can look in your grocery stores but NY has a lot of amazing apples.
My aunt used to to send a huge box full for us every year. Empire was mom's fave.

Going to be a beauty of a day! Highs in upper 60s and sunny.

Little gray tabby somehow snuck into my house!! Yesterday morning Kaylee had the slider open
and tabby came running down the hallway and out to the deck! He began to chow down on dry
food. He seemed anxious but ok. I have no idea how long he was in here, ha! silloy, sweet boy

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you. Summer goes by so fast in NY that if you blink, you miss it.

Oh wow, that sounds like an amazing apple cross! I wonder if they have that here in Upstate NY?

Yay! I wish Demi was a lap kitty, but he does stand on top of my stomach to knead & suck on his blankie. I don't know how my incision ever healed with him on top of it constantly. But that's his spot & who am I to tell him no. 🙄

My positive is I'm finally warm! I'm wearing my new long sleeve fleece light blue heather sweatshirt. I'll experiment with some other fabric shirts, but I really think fleece sweatshirts are it for me, toasty warm.
My husband's Uncle owns an apple orchard in Seneca Castle, NY. My oldest actually learned how to drive in the orchard field. :lol:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let me preface this by saying my job entails processing crime evidence. This will help you to better understand my positive. :lol:

Came in today and saw the vials of blood that had been sitting on my desk for the last few days were finally picked up. :cheerleader:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
So much better today! Rash is gone!! Just about normal!!!

Geoffrey was on my lap, again, last night. It did take him a while to come over.. I kept calling him, and then after I stopped, he came on his own!! Sweet boy..

He did jump down because the music and the flashing lights during the ACM awards were scaring him a bit. He came back about 30 minutes later.. and stayed until I decided to go to bed!!!

Major Positive: I got a parking spot in the Parking Lot!! Waiting since Feb, 2019 for one!!! Now I do not feel so trapped in here; by trying to desperately negotiate shopping trips in order to get a spot ik~~~~ Geoffrey typed his hello! ~~~~~~~ loves to walk across and lie down on my laptop!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well that's always a great gift! That way you can get something you really need. I need a pair of sneakers too, but I want to find a washable pair and don't know what to get.

Sketches has washable sneakers: Search Results for washable | SKECHERS They go in the washing machine but you can hand wash them in the sink out outside with a garden hose since your mom won't allow anyone to use the washing machine.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
have had Transition lenses for many years. I really love them! They are great. You do not have to even think about sunglasses. They take the place of them..

Only thing: not as dark as regular dark sunglasses, but with a baseball cap~ visor, you are all set..
I didn’t even think about it last year. I was concerned enough about a kid learning to care for glasses. He did well though! I did pay an extra $30 for a protection plan for these though. The only thing he did to his current glasses was leave them sitting in the water table while they played. They have some permanent water spots on the lenses; but not where it seems to bother his vision. I keep hoping the new ones will come in way early; but I have about a week to wait still.

DH has a birthday in a few weeks and I just got my order of party decorations. He doesn't like extra attention or fuss; but it's just us so he's getting a tiny party complete with decorations. The kids are super excited! :flail:

Status
Not open for further replies.