The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful week!! Today, temps won't be out of the 60s and 40 at night. can't wait to not hear
the drone of the ac, Will be like this all week with some days in the low 70s. Cal had a 1.5
hour walkabout this morning. She loves being out when it's chilly.My friend from Oz sent
me a pair of pink convoy boots for hiking for my bd. I have a lot of boots but not many pairs
of shoes, ha! I love mukluk moccasin slippers with their slouch socks, sooo soft and cozy.
Ryan's wife gave me more hand me downs. Brands I like, Old Navy, The Gap, Banana
Republic. Barely worn. I really appreciate them.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My regular doc was out-of-town and I was having some health issues so I saw another doctor in the practice. The other doc was so arrogant, condescending and rude that I felt frustrated and annoyed. :mad2: He wanted me to make a return visit this week but I refused and asked the front office to leave a message with my regular doc to call when he returns. They said he'll be very busy his first week back from vacation and gets booked up months in advance. I said our family has been going to him for a long time and I'd prefer to see him. Long story short, I got a call this morning asking me to come in later today!!!:bliss:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Work from over the weekend took up the first 5 hours out of my 8.5 hour day. Another hour sending out letters to owners to pick up their stuff and updating the computer for stuff Officers returned over the weekend. That leaves me only 2.5 hours until I get to leave. :woohoo: I love work days where time flies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Old Navy, The Gap, Banana Republic.
I love Old Navy & Gap! Banana Republic is too expensive. I want to try LL Bean! They have a pair of jeans I'm eyeing, but they are $50. I'm waiting to see if they have a sale.

My regular doc was out-of-town and I was having some health issues
Hope you're okay! I think I gave myself pneumonia today. I wasn't expecting it to be November weather. Once I got out there on my walk, I refused to come in for 2 hours. Now I'm sneezing and my head & throat hurt.

My positive is I got 2 sweatshirts in the mail today! One is full length sleeves, the other is 3 quarter sleeves. I'll test them out and see if they keep me warm. :crossfingers:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I think I gave myself pneumonia today. I wasn't expecting it to be November weather. Once I got out there on my walk, I refused to come in for 2 hours. Now I'm sneezing and my head & throat hurt.
Probably not pneumonia but you may have overextended your outdoor stay or something else was brewing in your system. Did you take your temperature? Take some Tylenol, drink hot tea preferably green tea with ginger if you have it and rest up. If you're not feeling better be sure to call your internist. 👩‍⚕️ Hope you recuperate and feel better soon so you can wear those two new sweatshirts.:hugs:
P.S. I love LL Bean too, They used to send me a catalog with a coupon right before the holidays but I haven't bought anything from them lately.

My positive is that I got an appointment with my regular doctor this afternoon and he was very reassuring. 😊

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After listening to one of my co-workers talking to the school about one of her sons and then listening to her yelling at another son, my positive for today is that my boys are older and self-sufficient during all this online schooling. I can't imagine what my husband and I would do if they were still 7 and 10 and one of us would have to be home at all times to keep them on track.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my, he is so adorable and looks like a young kitten!! Quite the poser!!
His coat is starting to look older but it doesn’t really show in pictures. He was snuggling on my stepdad (who supposedly never really liked cats 😉) when I got there. Then he went from person to person getting love. :lol: He was the cutest kitten who would sleep on my chest when he was just 1 pound. And liked the pocket of my stepsister’s hoodie. He’s always loved to snuggle.

My DS really loves him because Mooch won’t snuggle with him but Pumpkin will and licks his fingers and nose.:lol2: He really wants an orange kitten because of Pumpkin but that wouldn’t be fair to Mooch (Who is 15 herself.). 😉

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The company is doing away with performance based merit increases this year because of the pandemic and giving everyone a 3% salary increase :) It's not much but any extra money is welcome :agree: The company is also looking to add extra company wide time off days in some form for next year. It doesn't make any difference to my department since we're essential employees and at least some of us have to be on site daily even if the company is closed for whatever reason.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope you recuperate and feel better soon so you can wear those two new sweatshirts.
Thank you. I have the 3 quarter sleeve sweatshirt on right now. It's Cobblestone Heather color, which is sort of tan. I'll try the full length sleeve one tomorrow, that one is light blue heather color. Heather is kind of a faded color I think, hard to explain.

This guy just turned 17! He belongs to my mother; but he is everybody’s baby. 🧡💛
Oh what a precious baby. I love him. 😍

My positive is I survived last night. I was so sick! I was so cold, but then I woke up covered in sweat. I feel about 50% better today, sniffly and achy head & throat. If you go outside, please bundle up warm, it's like November weather out there! I never was an outdoorsy person before, so I didn't realize the danger of getting too cold. I'll be more careful from now on. Learning a lesson is always positive.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I have the 3 quarter sleeve sweatshirt on right now. It's Cobblestone Heather color, which is sort of tan. I'll try the full length sleeve one tomorrow, that one is light blue heather color. Heather is kind of a faded color I think, hard to explain.

Oh what a precious baby. I love him. 😍

My positive is I survived last night. I was so sick! I was so cold, but then I woke up covered in sweat. I feel about 50% better today, sniffly and achy head & throat. If you go outside, please bundle up warm, it's like November weather out there! I never was an outdoorsy person before, so I didn't realize the danger of getting too cold. I'll be more careful from now on. Learning a lesson is always positive.
Glad you are better. Right now I am sweating from being outside a few minutes!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
what a cute little guy. there is something special about orange cats.
You are so right!! Little Chrissie let me pick him up yesterday!! I had a feeling he would not
harm me. He was sooo heavy; I was surprised...all muscle

Supposed to be nice again today. I love cool nights and warm but crisp days.

Can't wait for some of my fave apples. Evercrisp, (gala and honeycrisp blend), are sooo good!!
My 2 faves are Pink Lady and Granny Smith, the last to be harvested here.We have 3 orchards
nearby. Nicole made an amazing peach pie and sent down a huge slice. Her best ever!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is two things: One, I feel normal, after being ill from the flu and pneumonia shot.

Two: I am kind of afraid to say this, but Geoffrey is beginning to finally be a lap cat!! just a bit.

He seems to have a routine. During the night, when I shut things down, I stretch out on the recliner, with a small blanket covering me. Geoffrey is now, on his own, jumping on my lap, kneading, nesting, and stays for a couple hours. He is still fearful; he keeps looking at me, and jumping up for any loud noise, or bright lights from the TV. But, he usually settles down...

He will jump down, for a nibble of food, then jump back on my lap. Last night, I called him, after he jumped down. He came back!!!

Sometimes he stays until I get up for bed, other times he will jump down, and go either to he carrier (bed) to sleep on on top of my bed.

This has been going on for almost a week! I am so happy! Artie was a definite lap cat. It feels so good to have a cat on my lap... makes me feel loved...

Geoffrey also, knows my nighttime routine. When I get up, fold the blanket, check his food, and put the light on my my bedroom, he automatically goes into my bedroom, waiting for me... sweet boy...

Cuddle all night, right up against me... makes it hard to sleep... sometimes, I wish he would not cuddle so tightly...

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I figured out why there was a mystery phone in a charging locker here at work with no paperwork that went with it. The paperwork was stapled to different paperwork that was related to the case. The phone had been in that locker for almost 3 months and other people tried to figure it out. Boss said, "Let Kelly have a crack at it." Within 5 minutes it was solved!! :woohoo:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom , I get a senior flu shot every year and this was the first that made me feel ill for a day, like I was coming down with something. May be they are stronger or something this year or maybe it is just COVID paranoia.

Status
Not open for further replies.