The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
destroyed a pack of toilet paper by ripping the plastic and shredding the toilet paper as fast as she could
She's got spunk! My kind of kitty. 👍

Does he seem to want attention or is he aggressive? Be careful, their jaws have about 70 lbs of pressure.
Attention I think. He's a good boy. He listens and seems to understand commands. His owner is there, but their house is set so far back from the road, it takes her forever to get to us. I could tell he was in trouble for lunging at me, but I waved to her to tell her I was alright.

Hubby is taking me out for breakfast later this morning.
Nice! I just started eating breakfast last month, after a lifetime of never eating it. It has been fun.

My positive is that creepy old guy didn't stop me this time on my walk. This cute younger guy in a sports car waves to me almost every day. He puts his entire arm out the window and does this cute wave. But he never stops, I guess because he's not creepy?

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Apollo has been hanging out with me today. He actually asked me for a pets a few times. Apollo is normally daddy's kid and prefers to hang out with hubby. Apollo is also demanding his Dasuquen instead of making me find him to give him his medicine. Starbuck took a nice long nap on me on the couch while I was watching tv.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles Oh my goodness!! Can we have details? A true hero!!💝
neely neely Sounds as though Carleton loves his sissy, sweet boy💖
M maggiedemi You have a doggy-boyfriend and a cute sports-car-drivin' boyfriend!🏎
klunick klunick You seem happy for the weekend, enjoy!😀
catlover73 catlover73 Ah, I love cat naps with my CalI I guess Apollo is turning into a mama's boy as well.💤

I had a rough day yesterday with high pain levels but I rested with my girl, watched a movie, and felt better
Will be hot and humid again today so I'll read outside for a bit then do some light chores, then watch another movie.
I'm so happy the library is back to doing inter-library loans again! A lot of movies and books are not available but I
can get them from another location.📖👍

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I had a rough day yesterday with high pain levels
Mia6 Mia6 was that due to walking to town the other day because your helper forgot some things? Glad you are feeling better now and hope it continues. :hugs:

No special plans today plus it's hot and humid with storms in the forecast so I might open my new bag of dark roast coffee beans, enjoy a cup or two of coffee and settle in with my new library book. I'm sure someone cute and furry will join me. :lovecat2:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You have a doggy-boyfriend and a cute sports-car-drivin' boyfriend!
I wish I could find out more about him. I love his arm out the window wave. It's something different. :lol: I like getting outside, it makes me feel a part of the world, like maybe good things will happen.

might open my new bag of dark roast coffee beans, enjoy a cup or two of coffee and settle in with my new library book.
That sounds heavenly! I need to get some dark roast. This medium roast is just not working for me.

My positive is my brother sent me some more vanilla cappuccino. He bought the wrong kind, he got the Sugar Free kind with Splenda sucralose in it. I hope it's not too harmful 'cause I'm gonna still drink it.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles Oh my goodness!! Can we have details? A true hero!!💝
The kitten was in the storm drain under the street. I think they said it was about 4 weeks old but it looked a little bigger to me. Someone heard it and called a rescue but they needed the fire department’s help because it wouldn’t come out. It took some do-ing between the 3 firefighters who responded; working between 2 manholes. He is very tall (well over 6’) so he could reach the best and was able to get it laying down hanging into the manhole.

The kitten is named after him for now. My cousin wanted it because they just lost their cat this spring; but he’s actually allergic (the old cat was my cousin’s long before he was around) so another firefighter who was there wants her when shes big enough.

If we were there I’d have scooped her up. How could I say no to one rescued by family right? Little gray tabby girl! My kids were soo hyped up over it. DS went through a firetruck phase when he was little and just adored my cousin’s DH because he took him on a personal tour of the fire station and the truck. So you can imagine what kitten rescuing did for his image in DS’s eyes. :lol:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey all, I'm a bit excited but Sopdet was hand picked to be voted on as America's Favorite Pet. I chose her because of her backstory of the hoarding situation, damaged vocal chords as well as her unusual markings and ice color eyes regardless of lighting. Whether she wins or not she's still beautiful to me and I feel happy for her that she was handpicked for this. I used this photo for her entry.
Panther in Training.jpg

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is that one of my Facebook friends sent me a cookbook in the mail. I haven't looked at it yet because Dad is still quarantining it outside. 🙄 Hopefully I can use it by dinner. I need all the help I can get with my cooking.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 was that due to walking to town the other day because your helper forgot some things? Glad you are feeling better now and hope it continues. :hugs:

No special plans today plus it's hot and humid with storms in the forecast so I might open my new bag of dark roast coffee beans, enjoy a cup or two of coffee and settle in with my new library book. I'm sure someone cute and furry will join me. :lovecat2:
Thank you, yes, due to that. Good cuppa and a good book sounds great! :hugs: ☕📖

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
The kitten was in the storm drain under the street. I think they said it was about 4 weeks old but it looked a little bigger to me. Someone heard it and called a rescue but they needed the fire department’s help because it wouldn’t come out. It took some do-ing between the 3 firefighters who responded; working between 2 manholes. He is very tall (well over 6’) so he could reach the best and was able to get it laying down hanging into the manhole.

The kitten is named after him for now. My cousin wanted it because they just lost their cat this spring; but he’s actually allergic (the old cat was my cousin’s long before he was around) so another firefighter who was there wants her when shes big enough.

If we were there I’d have scooped her up. How could I say no to one rescued by family right? Little gray tabby girl! My kids were soo hyped up over it. DS went through a firetruck phase when he was little and just adored my cousin’s DH because he took him on a personal tour of the fire station and the truck. So you can imagine what kitten rescuing did for his image in DS’s eyes. :lol:
A big kiss to your cousin's hubby, saving little baby tabby!!💖

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Hey all, I'm a bit excited but Sopdet was hand picked to be voted on as America's Favorite Pet. I chose her because of her backstory of the hoarding situation, damaged vocal chords as well as her unusual markings and ice color eyes regardless of lighting. Whether she wins or not she's still beautiful to me and I feel happy for her that she was handpicked for this. I used this photo for her entry.View attachment 347147
I've never seen her pic before, what a beauty!! Can we vote?

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Reading on deck, not too hot!! Cal is sound asleep on the chair inside, making those cooing sounds, darling angel.
I've read the book before but I forgot how good it was so I'm enjoying the second read. I hope little baby ginger
comes to eat. Yesterday he was eating the dry food I keep out for the neighborhood gang and I noticed his ribs
were visible so I gave him a half can of Friskies. He took one bite and hid underneath the chair facing me, I wonder
if he's ever had wet food before, He scarfed it down like he was starved so I brought out the rest of the can and put
it on the plate. He even let me pet him! He is usually so skittish.

Going to have a piece of Pepperidge Farm chocolate layer cake.🎂

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The squirrels have been going to town on the birdseed! At this rate, I may actually need to fill the bird feeder by the end of the month. <3 Feeder is about half way full of seed.

klunick klunick The red wreath looks so good! Such a great pop of color. It does fit the size of the letters better.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never seen her pic before, what a beauty!! Can we vote?
I'm going to ask the moderators if I can post the link when public voting begins because there is a cash prize (a very big one) if she wins. Just want to make sure I won't be breaking any forum rules. If I'm not allowed I'll have to sadly just keep you updated on the results. I don't want to do anything wrong on here. In my excitement of her being hand picked I forgot that this may not be allowed on here. Norachan Norachan mani mani

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.