The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I was able to sit on the deck and read before it became too hot. Little grey tabby was sleeping on a
deck chair when I got up and there are now 3 ginger tabbies who come for a snack. I think the smallest
one may be blind. He never looks at me but if he hears a sound he'll perk up. I'm not sure about the blindness
so I'll have to investigate further. Cal was out for an hour with little grey tabby, she is getting more comfortable
around him. I've been cleansing his eye socket every morning with a sterile gauze pad with warm water and
it looks much better.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I must be getting good here:

So I just learned how to repair a cracked iphone screen. Well it doesn't repair it but it smooths it out and doesn't have that cracked screen look when viewing it. (I'm using on my old iPhone 6S's) I know it's normal to have a slight scratch here and there from use though. Who knew baby powder with water on the screen smooths it out and hides the scratches when looking at the screen? Learned that from the mashable website.

The one iphone 6S was totally shattered so I'm just converting that one to an iPod with the music I want offline. Since I won't be staring at it it won't matter but at least that scratched screen feel on the fingers is gone.

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Rewarding myself for getting all my chores done by making some iced hot chocolate for me, husband, and youngest.
Great minds think alike! :thumbsup: Since it's a scorcher today I stayed inside to get as many chores out of the way as I could. Only have one left to do but I sat down and rewarded myself with a large mug of my favorite dark roast coffee. I know it sounds silly to drink hot coffee when the temp is 88 F outside but I have the a/c on and needed an afternoon boost. ☕

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Positive: I accomplished all my chores!! So happy! All the rooms in my apartment are deep cleaned!
It really looks sparkling!

Because of Covid, and being lazy; I really let things go. Well, not much.. but, not to my usual sense of "spic and span'.

It took me, 4 days: one room per day!
Now I can rest. I have a funny feeling, I will be bored... but I will find something to do.

There is an 'inspection' scheduled this week. I do not know if my place is on the list. I am kind of dreading it, but having this inspection was the source of me cleaning. I am really glad it made me clean. I kept putting it off. So now, it is done... and I can just keep it up.

The weather is back to very hot and humid. We are in our first day of a Heat Wave. That is not good.
I have the AC on, not shutting it off. The blinds are closed in my bedroom--like living in a cave.
The living room blinds are partially open. I need a bit of light. When they are completely shut, I feel as if I live in a cave, so partially open is good.

I may go out side, later~~ just to walk around the building.

Probably see if I can relax and read a book. That will be interesting. Since Covid, it seems I cannot concentrate long enough to do so..

I think my body is overtired. I do need to relax, but mind keeps wandering.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know it sounds silly to drink hot coffee when the temp is 88 F outside
I always drink hot coffee in the summer. I can drink water afterwards to cool off.

My positive is that my doctor called and switched my appointment tomorrow from 4pm to 10am. I'm glad because that's the time I usually am on my walk and I would have had to switch it around.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I must be getting good here:

So I just learned how to repair a cracked iphone screen. Well it doesn't repair it but it smooths it out and doesn't have that cracked screen look when viewing it. (I'm using on my old iPhone 6S's) I know it's normal to have a slight scratch here and there from use though. Who knew baby powder with water on the screen smooths it out and hides the scratches when looking at the screen? Learned that from the mashable website.

The one iphone 6S was totally shattered so I'm just converting that one to an iPod with the music I want offline. Since I won't be staring at it it won't matter but at least that scratched screen feel on the fingers is gone.
Another thing that might help the feel of a cracked screen is to put glass screen protector over it. These are only a couple dollars more than the plastic film type but are easier to put on and last much longer.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
One of our daughters came in for an extended visit. She will be working from our home and we are head over heels to spend time with her. :jump: Carleton is excited too. He has been following her all over the house wherever she goes and she adores him.:catlove:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I stayed up reading all night. It was amazing. I don't remember what time I noticed a new book I had pre-ordered had downloaded to my kindle fire. I opened the book and the next thing I knew it was 4:40 and I'd just finished. I enjoyed it so much I couldn't settle down to sleep right away either. :lol: It was almost like taking a mental vacation without leaving home. :cloud9:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I received a score from a website review I did last week. The company gave me 5/5! First review outside of the first test, which they score and give feedback as well as make sure quality is there. Felt good to see that. Especially since this one was related to my field and was nervous if I came off professional/knowledgeable enough, but they must have liked it and found my critiques and praises helpful.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I stayed up reading all night. It was amazing. I don't remember what time I noticed a new book I had pre-ordered had downloaded to my kindle fire. I opened the book and the next thing I knew it was 4:40 and I'd just finished
What book? It must've been a good one to stay up all night!!📖

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
When I got up yesterday I couldn't use my mouse, changed the batteries, still didn't work. I tried using
the key pad but it's difficult wih my hand and arm probs. Kaylee bought a new one for me and I like it
much better. The broken one was only $5.00.I had asked K to buy the cheapest one so it's my own fault.
This one is so much better.

Well, my tomatoes didn't grow, I'll try again next year. I heard they were selling my fave Heirloom at the Farmer's
Mkt which is open at Saturdays from 9-12pm. It's only 3 blocks from me, so I'll ry to go on Saturday.

Way too brutally hot to be outside except for early am so I've been resting my knee, reading, and snuggling with
big Cal.

Finally got a haircut yesterday!! I showed her a pic from a Southern Living online article about hairstyles.
It's called a shaggy bob but I think it's still too long. I ended up putting it up in a small ponytail. The model's
hair in the pic was too short for a p.t so I'll see how I like it. I ordered Rewind from Amazon so once that
arrives I'll be able to scrunch it and style it.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My 65 mile commute this morning seemed to go by really fast (and it's not because I was doing 70 mph most of the way. I always do that! :lol: ). And there was a nice light show (lightning) the entire way to watch as I'm driving. Didn't start raining until I was about to cross into Virginia from Maryland.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He has been following her all over the house wherever she goes
Awww, how sweet. ❤

No more excuses for furry legs.
I have been shaving my legs every Monday & Thursday. It seems to work for me. Also shave my chin & other places, but nobody wants to hear about that. :lol:

My positive is that my blood test came back perfect. No nutritional deficiencies, thyroid perfect. I could tell that my doctor was shocked. She didn't believe me that I was eating well, but my blood proved it. That's okay, I know sometimes anorexic people fib about what they are eating. She just said to try to gain 8 pounds by eating more protein or drink protein shakes and come back in 3 months. I don't have to be on any medications. Yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.