The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
First ripe raspberry of the summer. I chop my bushes down to the ground every fall so there are only a few summer berries. But in late September, early October the bushes will be covered in them. One of the pleasures of fall yard work is to stop and have a snack right from the bushes.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Such mild weather the past couple of days has allowed the windows open all day with beautiful nature noises fluttering in. So peaceful. Insects singing loudly.

Plus, the past week has been constant squirrels eating at the feeder! One was making a weird noise while inside one of the cubbies of the feeder and I worried the little guy was stuck because his back end and feet were just hanging down while he/she chirped urgently. But alas, another squirrel was creeping around the ground near the feeder and the squirrel in the feeder was screaming at the other to stay away. So cute to see! But boy was I nervous I'd need to find gloves and help the little guy out thinking he got his hands stuck in the grate of the feeder. Wondering if it is time for them to fatten up for colder weather, or if they realized the wonderful bounty of the feeder finally. There have been multiple reddish/brown ones, so different than the one, bigger black one that used to visit. I welcome them, and happy to have some excitement and finally having the seed eaten. Still almost full, but the seed has gone down about 1/2 an inch in the past week.
Maybe you are seeing a red squirrel. They are smaller and faster than grey or black squirrels and very feisty.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe you are seeing a red squirrel. They are smaller and faster than grey or black squirrels and very feisty.
That's a good question. They are the size of the gray, and I have seen red when I was up at school, so I believe this one is still a gray, but has lightly different coloration. Here is a video from the other day :) Let me know what you think.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a good question. They are the size of the gray, and I have seen red when I was up at school, so I believe this one is still a gray, but has lightly different coloration. Here is a video from the other day :) Let me know what you think.

I think just a coat variation of a grey squirrel. Some are more reddish than others. I have squirrels with grey coats, reddish coats, black coats, and black coats with bright red tails. But they are all the same species of squirrels.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Not to be a downer but you're sure she doesn't have a problem? She's breathing completely normally when she's awake?
Yes, she breathes normally while awake. Maine Coons are known for the many different sweet sounds they make.
Now she's doing this little whining sound when she wants me to go upstairs for a nap. She stands by them and
if I don't go she'll wait till I it's rest time.

Kaylee called off yesterday. I decided to walk to the little store near my house, First walk in a long time. The morning
was cool and beautiful. I was surprised at the number of people who were not wearing masks. The store is small and
there were 4 other people there and me. I was the only one wearing a mask and plastic gloves. I mentioned it to the
cashier and she told me if they called the police it would be a big deal. There was a plastic shield between her and
customers. It made me angry and I know understand why COVID19 cases have risen so high in Ohio.

The day was nice so I did a few loads of laundry and read on the deck. I hope Kaylee will be back today.
Cal missed her.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is we are getting our Aldi order today. I picked out some interesting stuff- oat milk, vanilla almond milk, freeze dried mango, jalapeno artichoke dip, chickenless veggie burgers, meatless veggie meatballs, fresh peaches.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is we are getting our Aldi order today. I picked out some interesting stuff- oat milk, vanilla almond milk, freeze dried mango, jalapeno artichoke dip, chickenless veggie burgers, meatless veggie meatballs, fresh peaches.
That dip sounds really good!! I love the new Lays Buffalo Flavored Ruffles Double Crunch Potato Chips.
Kaylee is getting Bleu Cheese and sour cream so I can make a dip to go with.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
When I went for my walk this morning it was overcast and cool with a definite fall is coming feel. Then on my way back I came across a flock of geese In the ball field. This is a pit stop for them every year on their way south. So perhaps an early fall this year which is okay with me.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I got everything done before the heat :)
I did all of my Saturday chores yesterday so I can chill today. :cheerleader:
I envy both of you. :worship: I was going to get everything done I needed to do in the house this morning but got an unexpected phone call from a friend I hadn't spoken to since the start of the pandemic. We literally talked for hours. I'm glad I caught up with her and we exchanged news about our families. Both of our youngest children went to pre-school together so I've known her for a long time. We decided to have a social distance get together in her backyard soon.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Such a good purchase at the Goodwill today! An Amazon Echo Dot aka Alexa for $1.99. I guess they didn’t know what it was. I have one in the living room that I LOVE. I use it to control the living room lights, setting timers, weather reports, playing music and of course all the other great things that Alexa does. I have been thinking about getting one for the bedroom because it’s too far away from the living room Alexa, but they run close to $40. Got my $2 one all set up and it works perfectly.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Such a good purchase at the Goodwill today! An Amazon Echo Dot aka Alexa for $1.99. I guess they didn’t know what it was. I have one in the living room that I LOVE. I use it to control the living room lights, setting timers, weather reports, playing music and of course all the other great things that Alexa does. I have been thinking about getting one for the bedroom because it’s too far away from the living room Alexa, but they run close to $40. Got my $2 one all set up and it works perfectly.
I am leery of Alexas. I swear they are "listening " even when you aren't talking to them. Same with cell phones. I can be talking about something and get on my phone and an ad will pop up for what I was talking about. :think:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I am leery of Alexas. I swear they are "listening " even when you aren't talking to them. Same with cell phones. I can be talking about something and get on my phone and an ad will pop up for what I was talking about. :think:
I have no concerns. If they want to listen to me talking to Willow, then bless them.

Status
Not open for further replies.