The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Mags is back!! M maggiedemi 💖 Have missed her!!

Snuggled with Cal yesterday, pain levels were high but having her beside me, snoring, snorting, cooing,
and making all kind of sweet sounds helped.

It's payday today!! Looking forward to buying a plastic deck chair The one I now have is probably 10
years old and I bet there will be sales.

There is a farm stand not far from my house and I've heard they have tomatoes. I can't wait
for a BLT.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dad fixed the microwave! You don't realize how much you need it until it's gone. We were gonna buy a new one, but he took the back off it and fiddled with it. I don't know what was wrong with it, but it blew a fuse every time we opened the door on it. All the lights would go out in the kitchen. 😲

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
After ten days in the shop I got my lawnmower back. My son took it in for me but I didn’t want to wait for him so I figured out a way, using a sheet of plywood as a ramp, to get it out of the car by myself and it turned out to be so easy. I am always pleased when I can do something for myself. Half the very long grass is mowed and I will finish the rest this afternoon.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I can't wait to open up the house again, fresh air will feel so nice. The humidity has bothered me
so much this year but I will read on the deck till I can't stand it.

Cal has been such a cuddle baby lately I've been feeling physically.rough with high pain levels
and thinking about my Vincie girl a lot. Cal seems to pick up on this, darling girl. I can't believe
she's been gone for almost a year. I didn't think I'd last a week without her but here we are, still
missing her like crazy but managing.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The tropical storm is over here. We did not see the damage others in the area did. My kids were super calm even during a tornado warning. We were already getting quotes to remove the lightning damaged tree; which lost another section but isn’t close enough to hurt the house. And also to thin the tree next to it; which lost one branch when the other fell that likely would have been pruned anyway.

Our power went out twice but was back on pretty quickly too! I’m glad it’s over!

Oh and when it was over; one of the goldfinches was sitting on the tall sunflowers at my kitchen window. He was absolutely gorgeous up close!! 😍😍😍💛💛💛

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
The tropical storm is over here. We did not see the damage others in the area did. My kids were super calm even during a tornado warning. We were already getting quotes to remove the lightning damaged tree; which lost another section but isn’t close enough to hurt the house. And also to thin the tree next to it; which lost one branch when the other fell that likely would have been pruned anyway.

Our power went out twice but was back on pretty quickly too! I’m glad it’s over!

Oh and when it was over; one of the goldfinches was sitting on the tall sunflowers at my kitchen window. He was absolutely gorgeous up close!! 😍😍😍💛💛💛
Glad you'e ok!!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday,after Kaylee left, I read for a bit on the deck. Then I had a nap with my Cal. She was snoring,
snorting, cooing, mewing. Strange how she's lived with me for 7 years now and it's only been this past
year that she became so vocal. I love the sound of her "wow-wow", sooo cute.

My neighbor is going into the hospital this morning. She needs shoulder surgery and a very complicated
ankle and knee surgery. She has rods and pins in those areas. A small rod in her foot is ready to pop out
of her skin, it's red, blue and swollen.She only weighs 72 pounds and that must be addressed before
any surgery is performed. Doc said she will be drinking Ensure and taking a Vitamin that stimulates the
appetite. He told her she will be able to call the kitchen anytime and order what she wants. I knew she
was grossly underweight but it wasn't till last week when she had on a frock, that I realized she was skin
and bones. Doc also told her the meals will be small but she'll eat about 6 times per day. I'm glad she is
finally getting what need to be done. She's fallen about 6 times in 3 weeks, broken ribs, etc. I also
think she uses drugs but they'll be able to figure that out while she's there. I'll be happy to have the duplex
to myself for awhile so I can blast music, etc. She has dumped her problems on me and I'm not a shrink.
I'm glad she is finally realizing that she must have the surgeries. Cal likes her and will want a pat when
she sits on my deck but she is allergic.

Going to be only in the 70s today!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is that I thought I would wake up sick after taking my 2 hour walk in the rain yesterday, but so far just some sneezing. It was so wet and cold and muddy. I had sandals on and my feet were in the puddles and it was so cold! I don't think I would do that again.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
She was snoring,
snorting, cooing, mewing. Strange how she's lived with me for 7 years now and it's only been this past
year that she became so vocal. I love the sound of her "wow-wow", sooo cute.
Not to be a downer but you're sure she doesn't have a problem? She's breathing completely normally when she's awake?

It rained just enough that there was very little handwatering needed this morning :)

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Such mild weather the past couple of days has allowed the windows open all day with beautiful nature noises fluttering in. So peaceful. Insects singing loudly.

Plus, the past week has been constant squirrels eating at the feeder! One was making a weird noise while inside one of the cubbies of the feeder and I worried the little guy was stuck because his back end and feet were just hanging down while he/she chirped urgently. But alas, another squirrel was creeping around the ground near the feeder and the squirrel in the feeder was screaming at the other to stay away. So cute to see! But boy was I nervous I'd need to find gloves and help the little guy out thinking he got his hands stuck in the grate of the feeder. Wondering if it is time for them to fatten up for colder weather, or if they realized the wonderful bounty of the feeder finally. There have been multiple reddish/brown ones, so different than the one, bigger black one that used to visit. I welcome them, and happy to have some excitement and finally having the seed eaten. Still almost full, but the seed has gone down about 1/2 an inch in the past week.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got a free box of produce from the church. Lots of fun stuff like zucchini, long yellow squash, potatoes, apples...We got a single ear of corn. I was drooling and really wanted it. But dragon lady screamed out "Noooo, it's mine!" I told you she's not like other mothers, especially considering I was anorexic & almost died...But that's okay. She doesn't like zucchini. Gotta find the positives where you can get them around here. 👍

Lola3791

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finished the book I've been reading today. I read a little outside but moved inside after a little while since I was too hot. Lola decided to curl up in my lap while I was reading. She purred up a storm and received a lot of cuddles. :catrub:

Status
Not open for further replies.