The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Have you tried to use a Mask Holder? I love mine. It pulls the elastic tight enough so it conforms to your head shape.. I got mine from Amazon.
There are many types. I got the type with the button on the back, so I can adjust as the elastic stretches.
EVGLOW 4 PCS Extended Silicone Bands Anti-Tightening Strap for Masks to Prevent Ear Pain,Adjustable Comfort mask Grips Extension Buckle Holder Hook Ea
Thanks, that's an interesting concept. :thumbsup: They keep coming up with new and creative ideas.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I finished fertilizing my corn patch last night. It's been so hot I've been slacking on my garden a bit. It looks like I should have some ears ready to pick before too long. :hyper: Today I need to pick beans and tomatoes! :yummy:
could make a good side table or tv dinner tray? I like the idea of the lazy Susan (turntable thing!)
Lazy susan! I couldn't come up with that name for some reason! I couldn't find that section when I was outside watering my gardens last night. I need to see what DH did with it and measure it.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
From a post I made on July 12th;

I just bought a (the fifth one we're trying in about as many years) Pioneer Pet swan drinking fountain. I'm by golly going to keep trying until I find one he likes that will replace his kitchen sink faucet addiction and I'm not even caring any more (that much...) about the material it's made from, --hopefully this one works
:celebrate: !!!!IT WORKED!!!! :dance::party3:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DD and I picked a nice bunch of cherry tomatoes. I had them sliced and tossed into pasta salad while they were still warm from the garden. :yummy: I also found a new pasta that is DELICIOUS! Barilla pasta made with zucchini and spinach! The noodles have flavor all on their own! I gave DD one to try and her eyes rolled back. :flail:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LTS3 LTS3 Ahhhh, love that! So true!

Since Persia didn't get to go on the deck until an hour before dinner and was begging again after dinner, the kitties and I are on the deck enjoying the dimming light as sunset continues and the drowning siren of the cicadas. One even landed on the screen of the enclosed deck and the sound was almost deafening! It was so loud!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We lost Wifi and could not get our e-mails today so I spent 3 1/2 hours on the phone with Comcast. :angryfire: During that time I spoke to 3 different people, the first person being the worst but thankfully I was able to get on-line this afternoon. There are still some bugs to be addressed and an Evaluation Team rep. is supposed to get back to me but I doubt I'll ever hear from them.:rolleyes2: This makes me realize how dependent our lives have become on technology. The positive is Carleton kept me company through the whole ordeal.:lovecat3:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH took the day off today. I don’t know the official excuse he have work; but he needed a day off out of the heat. It was nice to be together. We ordered subs and split them for dinner; so we each had half a cheesesteak and half an Italian. I was craving both so that worked well. I haven’t had a cheesesteak in ages! It was SO. GOOD. :yummy:🤤 I’m both glad and sad there are no leftovers.:lol:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I read outside for a bit in the morning, got way humid in the afternoon. I kept thinking of my Vincie
girl and how she would come running towards me on those darling short legs. It will be a year on
the 26th of August that she went to the bridge. I went up and cried on the bed. Cal was there and
she snuggled with me as though she knew. I began writing in my Vincie Girl notebook about the
darling things she used to do and through my tears I began laughing. Miss you, baby girl.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I haven’t had a cheesesteak in ages!
:lol: :lol: :lol: We got takeout last night and I also ordered a cheesesteak. We got appetizers too so I wasn't able to eat more than a bit of the sandwich but I'm really looking forward to it for dinner later.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I kept thinking of my Vincie
girl and how she would come running towards me on those darling short legs. It will be a year on
the 26th of August that she went to the bridge. I went up and cried on the bed..
I'm so sorry. :hugs: I know it's difficult and we miss them so much when they're gone but I'm glad you have Cal to cuddle with you. :catlove:

My ongoing saga with Comcast - woke up to no tv, internet or phone again. This is getting old fast. But miraculously it came back later this morning. We can't get all the tv channels for some strange reason but fingers crossed the bugs get worked out. :crossfingers:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mild enough for the windows to be open. Getting up to 80 for 1 hour and then dropping back into upper 70's. Cats are enjoying the fresh air and noises as am I. Really miss heading out to the park or outside in general, and while there are some people wearing masks whether alone or with a group, still do not trust people to stay 6 ft. apart if they are not wearing one. Looking out the windows is nice though.

Will also be driving to get some Panda Express for my mom and I since her friend gave her a coupon for B1G1 bowl free.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:lol: :lol: :lol: We got takeout last night and I also ordered a cheesesteak. We got appetizers too so I wasn't able to eat more than a bit of the sandwich but I'm really looking forward to it for dinner later.
Great minds think alike! ;)

We are having an oddly cool day (my ac is still running; its just not 90billion degrees out) so I made grilled cheese with tomato soup for lunch. And a small salad to round it out. I had skipped breakfast so I was getting hangry. :lol2:

I had a second tree company come to give me a quote on the various trees in our yard that need attention. (Including taking down that one that got hit.) Today's company was MUCH more reasonable than yesterday's. And the guy seems to know what hes doing and has a decent size crew too. That was a relief. The company that came yesterday had me sweating. 😅

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH makes great spaghetti and I am so looking forward to it for dinner! We are getting tons of tomatoes and I really enjoy them. I work this weekend and Monday, but it's not a bad thing. I love interacting with the patients and the NP I am working with is great. I had to go to the doctor this morning and am hoping my bloodwork shows a B-12 deficiency for an easy fix to the health issues that came up suddenly. :crossfingers: And hello there to MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles , I haven't talked to you in a Month of Sundays! It's also very nice to meet those of you I haven't spoken with in the past (or haven't spoken with in a long time, which is lots of folks)! :thumbsup:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Exactly one year ago I was laid off :disappointed: But to this day I'm still in touch with most everyone I worked with :) We have weekly Zoom meetings and I'm sure everyone has one or two people they text or whatever often. Just last night both our former boss and AD showed up to the Zoom meeting :biggrin: I think they coordinated showing up the meeting 🤔 It was so nice to see them and catch up.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to run some errands this morning, and one stop was the drug store where one of our nieces work. Her father- Michele's older brother- has been undergoing chemo for non-Hodgkins lymphoma as a result of exposure to Agent Orange in Vietnam, and for a while it didn't look good, especially with covid running rampant. Well, she said that his blood values, in particular the white count, were rebounding nicely, and he doesn't have to go back until October for monitoring only.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I was running out of one skin care product and since the pandemic I've learned not to procrastinate since you never know when there may be another lockdown. So I ran a quick errand to Ulta and DH came with for the ride but when we got there he saw a new pet shop next door and said I'll be in there. ;) As it turned out he discovered they sell a case of Carleton's canned food for $10.00 less than what we pay at our local pet store. That was a definite positive! :thumbsup:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got 2 new peanut butter granolas to try. I discovered that fresh diced apple is really good on granola, even better than banana! A small apple is the perfect size to do half a bowl of granola, half a bowl of apple, then add milk and stir. 👍🥣🥜🍎🍏

Status
Not open for further replies.