The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was productive and got a few chores done today (changing sheets, a load of laundry, cleaned a toilet and recycled a bunch of junk mail). And I used my instant pot that I got for my bridal shower for the first time and the recipe I tried came out pretty well!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH and I got a good section of the garage sorted and rearranged this weekend. Some stuff went into the trash. Some into a garage sale pile. We are having an outlet added for a freezer so we needed to make space. We hurried up Saturday and did that before it got too hot in the garage. I found some cute stuff I hadn't seen in a while. And empty picture frames! I was looking for some cat ones I had saved after Noodles' passed last winter and they were in one of the boxes too. Now I can get a picture in there and put it next to her ashes like I wanted. One cabinet we moved is going to be for school supply storage and should help me organize inside too. It felt good to get a chunk of that done! For some reason I purge better when DH is there to help.

This morning I helped DH cut down the broken section of tree so nothing is hanging dangerously anymore. It's amazing how long the branches were since it wasn't the biggest tree in the yard! The trunk section that was hit by lightning had a really neat pattern inside. It would be cool to save a section somehow.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
My tomatoes are growing. I think I may have to stake them in the pot as they will be heavy when the actual fruit begins growing.
It was so beastly hot yesterday, so I stayed in most of the day except for having a cup of tea in the morning. Finally watched part of When a Stranger Calls. I borrowed it from my neighbor and I first tried to watch it on Saturday but it skipped and took me back to the beginning. I looked at it yesterday and it had what looked food or grease stains on it so I cleaned both sides with a soft flannel and alchohol. I tried to watch it again and it was fine. I also borrowed The Ring from the library and same thing, it wouldn't play either so I'm going to clean it as well.

Last night, Nicole sent down Italian sausage sammies, apple cake, and a big salad. So good!

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This morning I helped DH cut down the broken section of tree so nothing is hanging dangerously anymore. It's amazing how long the branches were since it wasn't the biggest tree in the yard! The trunk section that was hit by lightning had a really neat pattern inside. It would be cool to save a section somehow.
Have you seen those poured-resin wood tables? Maybe you could do something like that and fill in the pattern with some cool colored resin?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have you seen those poured-resin wood tables? Maybe you could do something like that and fill in the pattern with some cool colored resin?
That's what I was thinking of. I wonder if resin would be good for a trivet? Or one of those turntable things you put in the center of the table so everyone can reach the napkins, condiments, etc. I think the trunk section was about 12-16"; maybe a little bigger. So not huge; but it could be used somehow. If it was smaller; I'd say we could make cool coasters. :lol: I need to see where DH put that section of the trunk. Most of the tree we just pulled to one side to let the leaves dry up. I love dreaming up projects. :lol:

Here it is from yesterday. You can see our feet for scale.
2A6F3709-5B60-4E83-BD20-2087906B9CA3.jpeg

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
DH and I got a good section of the garage sorted and rearranged this weekend. Some stuff went into the trash. Some into a garage sale pile. We are having an outlet added for a freezer so we needed to make space. We hurried up Saturday and did that before it got too hot in the garage. I found some cute stuff I hadn't seen in a while. And empty picture frames! I was looking for some cat ones I had saved after Noodles' passed last winter and they were in one of the boxes too. Now I can get a picture in there and put it next to her ashes like I wanted. One cabinet we moved is going to be for school supply storage and should help me organize inside too. It felt good to get a chunk of that done! For some reason I purge better when DH is there to help.

MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles I like stuff like that too. You could at least take a picture of it, if cutting that section would be too much work. I have many pieces of wood that just look interesting because of what nature did; even one piece of bug eaten wood looked particularly fantastic just the way the sun shone on it~looked like a burning bush. If you do take a pic, I'd love to see it. 🌻 :silver: 🌺 :)

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That's what I was thinking of. I wonder if resin would be good for a trivet? Or one of those turntable things you put in the center of the table so everyone can reach the napkins, condiments, etc. I think the trunk section was about 12-16"; maybe a little bigger. So not huge; but it could be used somehow. If it was smaller; I'd say we could make cool coasters. :lol: I need to see where DH put that section of the trunk. Most of the tree we just pulled to one side to let the leaves dry up. I love dreaming up projects. :lol:

View attachment 344687
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles that is way cool! So many things you could do with it... 🌺 :silver: 🌻 :)

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The missing piece is still up on the tree I think. DH has a small chainsaw on an extendable pole; but even with the ladder it was hard to reach. My Grandpa probably would have taken the wood to make something too. I should call him and get ideas!

Speaking of positives and my Grandpa. He is 98 and lives in an assisted living in the same town as my Aunt. With Covid no one has been able to see him. My aunt usually visits at least once a week; usually more. Today she was able to do a social distance visit in person! She works for a nursing home (in their office) so she has to get tested twice a week already. They are now letting people have scheduled visits but you have to test first, stay 6 feet apart and can't bring food. She sent me a short video clip. Grandpa looks great! He's got a nice tan and looks very well. I know my Aunt was beside herself happy to go too! :redheartpump:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is this??? Isabelle licking Persia for an extended period of time??? Video is 2 minutes, but total licking session was over 3! Then Isabelle allowed Persia to lay near her. <3 Camera angle changed around 1:15 and more of Persia's head is visible.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My missing package showed up!! :hyper: It shipped July 8th. :lol: It showed up with 2 other big boxes of school books and a science lab kit so now I think I have everything! DS has already browsed his geography book. :lol: I shouldn't be surprised. He brought the globe in the car with him the other day. :lol:

Even better; the postal worker was a friend of ours covering a route so he set them just inside for me and I was able to send him off with 2 cold PowerAids. He's normally nowhere near us. As hot as it is; it's really good feeling to help them out!

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Right now I am relying quite heavily upon the cooling neckerchiefs that are filled with non toxic crystals that when wet do wonders on a hot day for gardening/outdoor work. 🌻 :silver: 🌺 :sunshine:
But my other project for warmth is coming along quite nicely. Only one more molting of my cockatiels and I'll have enough for a very plush neck warmer. I started collecting in January (in plastic ziploc bags) and now have 3 bags full. The down and feathers are really so pretty~light pale yellow and white it would be nice to find a sheer see through fabric to sew them into but that is probably not very practical. Probably a nice cotton or silk would feel the best and it will be treasured all the more knowing it is my dear birds' that are keeping me cozy come wintertime. :cold:❄🌨:):silver:

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thankyou..would love it. Just got my shoes and socks of the hot water heater at the office here and went and got some lunch.
Feels a lot better with dry feet..lol.
But you will have to put up with me whining until October at least when it warms up to a level that I approve of..lol
Silver Crazy Silver Crazy how about a nice movie about Bali or someplace in the tropics to take off the chill...🌺 :silver:☕🏖⛱🌻

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

View attachment 344687
could make a good side table or tv dinner tray? I like the idea of the lazy Susan (turntable thing!)

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks. What do they do if a root canal or extraction is needed because of the spray?
I have a collection of Covid masks because I can't find one with a snug fit that is comfortable. They're either too big for my face, too loose, scratch my skin, etc. Today I found the perfect mask! :thumbsup:
I have an issue with masks also. I prefer the surgical mask, with the ties.
Have you tried to use a Mask Holder? I love mine. It pulls the elastic tight enough so it conforms to your head shape.. I got mine from Amazon.
There are many types. I got the type with the button on the back, so I can adjust as the elastic stretches.
EVGLOW 4 PCS Extended Silicone Bands Anti-Tightening Strap for Masks to Prevent Ear Pain,Adjustable Comfort mask Grips Extension Buckle Holder Hook Ea

~~~~~~
BTW: Any Fabric Masks need to be THREE layers, in order to provide full protection.
Or they can be 2 layers with a pocket for fit a filter--making the mask 3 layers, and should be washed daily..

Status
Not open for further replies.