The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Hot today but not too humid. I bet my tomatoes are loving it! Cal has been sleeping on the
chair all day. She is vexed because I pet little tabby cat when he visits.

Going to watch the remake of When a Stranger Calls tonight, I love it. Going to be
92 tomorrow but will be good for the tomatoes.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We had a crazy gully-washer come through today. I couldn't see across the street! A branch came off the pine tree next door and hit just over the window where my kids and I were standing!! I am SO thankful; nothing was damaged except for a few leaves on the sunflowers. They will be ok. That branch was imbeded in the ground about 2"! And then we had the most gorgeous double rainbows! One was extraordinarily vivid! :loveeyes:🌈

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I finally made a trip to the chocolate store / cafe today :yess: I haven't gone since before the pandemic. The cafe only does online and phone orders now, no more walking in on a whim to place an order and waiting for it. I ordered an iced hot chocolate with whipped cream and two of the new raspberry chocolate cookies :yummy:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally made a trip to the chocolate store / cafe today :yess: I haven't gone since before the pandemic. The cafe only does online and phone orders now, no more walking in on a whim to place an order and waiting for it. I ordered an iced hot chocolate with whipped cream and two of the new raspberry chocolate cookies :yummy:
You are the first person besides me that knows what those are. I actually make them every Sunday for my family. Very easy to make. Chocolate milk, hot chocolate powder, and ice.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't think there's any chocolate milk. Just the cafe's own specialty sourced high quality chocolate and steamed milk. Basically their hot chocolate but served over ice. I chose the milk chocolate option. The other ones were dark, white, and single sourced chocolate of the month (Peru this month). Next time I'll try their frappe.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
I’ve been super depressed lately, but my cat cheers me up, because whenever I call her name, she comes running and chirping, and she curls right up on me. I’ve never had a cat like that 💕
i can relate to how you feel hun ! my stardust loves being around me 24/7

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think there's any chocolate milk. Just the cafe's own specialty sourced high quality chocolate and steamed milk. Basically their hot chocolate but served over ice. I chose the milk chocolate option. The other ones were dark, white, and single sourced chocolate of the month (Peru this month). Next time I'll try their frappe.
I use chocolate milk when I make mine. I am sure there are lots of ways to make it.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I finished the last of my Nespresso pods this week. Since there's a Nespresso store at an outdoor mall about 40 minutes from our house DH and I decided we've been cooped up enough and would try going. The mall has plenty of room to social distance and not get close to anyone. I was so impressed with people's conduct, i.e. they were not only wearing masks in stores but outside throughout the mall. Stores allowed a limited number of people inside and everyone was compliant. The flowers and greenery were lovely and a pleasant change of pace. There was a nice breeze so we walked outdoors for over an hour. :walk:

IMG_0523.jpeg

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Going to be hot but not so humid today. When I got up it was 60F. When I went on the deck I actually felt chilly for
the first times in months and it felt so good. The cicadas are chirping a lot lately. Between laundry and other chores
I'll do some reading. Must pace myself or I'll be in trouble. Little tabby is sleeping on a deck chair, darling boy.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sunnie was on the deck for most the day today, so my kitties were able to explore upstairs. Katrina has been much calmer if she is by the close glass door to the deck with Sunnie on the other side. She would hiss, be tense, and stay fixated on him, not responding when I called her. Now she hisses or doesn't hiss and is more relaxed and lets me pet her or will eat treats.

Isabelle has also been in a better mood it seems. Today and a couple times in the past few days Katrina walks up to Isabelle and looks like she is thinking of licking her on the head/face, and Isabelle has not been growling or hissing, but staying calm. Sometimes Isabelle pulls her head slightly back or to the side, sometimes she leaves it. Katrina is a tad hesitant because she often used to get smacked trying to get in Isabelle's face, so sometimes Katrina backs off cautiously after she has had her face close for a few seconds. Like, I'm not sure if I'm going to get smacked, let's not press my luck for today... :heartshape: So great to see! <3 Persia has also been laying more near Isabelle and will just plop down looking cute rolling on her back in front of Isabelle. Isabelle has been growling less during these times, too. :hearthrob:

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Warmish. :) But there’s no humidity. (Reminds me of that cartoon of a skeleton propped against a rock with the caption, “But it’s a dry heat.”)

The positive is that I’m sitting inside in air-conditioned comfort under a ceiling fan...and sipping a glass of wine.
40BFED44-F743-4066-A3DC-1A32DFE44996.jpeg

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Had my summer vacation last week. It was rainy and chilly (for late July) so it wasn't much of a "summer" vacation. Got out of Seoul for one night and went to a spooky little island with my work manager. Dipped our feet into the Yellow Sea and went to a lotus farm that was incredibly beautiful. Otherwise I met a couple of other friends throughout the week but mostly hung around the house. Puar loved it, but it got him on a later sleeping schedule so he didn't even see me out the door this morning, he was already back in bed. Poor guy, I have a late night the next few nights (facial appointment and drum lesson) so he's going to be lonely.

the best thing happened last night. I went for a walk in the neighborhood because I wanted to eat cinnamon pretzels from Auntie Anne's, but thought I should make myself work for them. So I bought them and then walked up the big hill to a park and ate them there. Someone was practicing the saxophone so it was real atmospheric. On my way down, I ran into my crush and his dogs. It was the first time to meet the dogs, and he gave me treats to give to them. The one that is scared of people let me pet her without complaint. The other one was totally indifferent to me! Still, I have a not-so-great history with small dogs (they're chihuahuas) so I'll count not getting bitten or barked at as a total win. Best way to get a guy's heart is for his dogs to like you, right??? Anyway, we chatted a bit about our pets and he told me to stay safe from the virus. I think his English has gotten better, but it also made me want to start taking Korean classes again. He only ever sees me when I'm hot and sweaty (usually after his concerts) so I didn't feel too self-conscious that I was more or less drenched due to climbing the big hill in 90% humidity...ha
Glad I got those cinnamon pretzels and made myself go to the park~

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was too darn hot and humid to venture out so I did a few chores in the morning, caught up on the phone with an old co-worker and relaxed with my library book which I recently renewed. It was a pleasant and quiet day with Carleton. :catrub:
Give me heat..6 degrees above freezing and I am wandering around with wet muddy feeet...AAARRGGGGHHH!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.