The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad to hear Geoffrey is doing well and that you both are having a good life together, artiemom artiemom ! Yes, you can tell he's very sweet by looking at his expression. Hoping his laxatone continues to help. Summer is shedding time and that means it's also furball time, no matter how much you brush. Happens here, too. Tarifa, Baby Su and Elvis LOVE to be brushed, but that doesn't mean they don't have a furball once in awhile. And Elvis leaves tufts everywhere. Little surprises. :petcat:Vomiting is pretty normal in cats in the wild, I've read. It happens here from time to time and sometimes Elvis snorks too fast and regurgitates. I can always tell when it's him and I can pretty much tell when he's going to do it.:barf:
I know all about online shopping under lockdown! I have to be very careful of $$$ and can't afford eating at restaurants at all, but I did go crazy on eBay yesterday. :sigh::nono: To be fair, it was stuff I've sorely needed for years! A lot of my socks, undies and PJs are in tatters and some of them are OLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLD! so although I try not to spend money, I finally decided it needed to be done. I would have bought some tops to replace some that are vintage 1990s!!! but I couldn't find the ones I want in the colors I want. So look at all the money I saved! :rolleyes3:
It was nice and cool for watering the yards this morning. Going to be hot,though. So thankful for my roomies' help! Tarifa ate her chicken. And part of Elvis'. And part of Baby Su's. :dancingblackcat:Now she's croissanting beside me.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Geoffrey is a very good cat.. a very sweet, nice cat. He could not get over how good he was. And so gentle. .. I said that was because he was terrified..
This is just like my Poppycat :hugs::redheartpump:

Got rid of an item yesterday, for decent money, to some terrific people who will really appreciate it :thumbsup:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Any pics of Geoffrey? He sounds like an angel💖

It's been so hot and humid. I can only be out in the morning even with the umbrella. I tried to read outside in the late afternoon but
the sun was hitting the deck. I was even squirting myself with H2O but came in and had a tepid shower. That felt good so I stayed
in and ate some chicken salad and banana nut-bread. My neighbor gave me the nb and it was tasty! It's been ages since I've had it.
It's raining now and we need it. Finally there are 2 flowers on my tomatoes that I grew from seed!🍅

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Any pics of Geoffrey? He sounds like an angel💖

It's been so hot and humid. I can only be out in the morning even with the umbrella. I tried to read outside in the late afternoon but
the sun was hitting the deck. I was even squirting myself with H2O but came in and had a tepid shower. That felt good so I stayed
in and ate some chicken salad and banana nut-bread. My neighbor gave me the nb and it was tasty! It's been ages since I've had it.
It's raining now and we need it. Finally there are 2 flowers on my tomatoes that I grew from seed!🍅
Not any new ones... having an issue with Catalina (new operating system of Mac) and posting pictures from my laptop. I can post from my phone.. later.. gotta go...

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That felt good so I stayed
Yum, banana bread! Never had any with nuts, but I grew up with my mom making chocolate chip banana bread. Recently, she also tried chocolate chip chocolate banana bread..... so fantastic! Super chocolaty and yummy.

Very exciting for the tomato flowers! Mine started blooming this past week, which should mean tomatoes coming soon! Cannot wait to see the transformation of watching the fruit grow for the first time. What kind of tomatoes were you growing again? Were you the one with the beefsteak tomatoes?

artiemom artiemom What a cutie! <3

I don't remember how I got talked into downloading the Starbucks app, but hey, I got a free birthday drink for it, so I guess it was worth it!

Heck yes! Happy belated birthday! One of my favorite things to do on my birthday is get a bunch of free stuff. Some of my favorites are a free burger at Red Robin, free scoop of ice cream at Baskin Robbins, free sandwhich and drink from Jersey Mike's, and they used to do a free meal at Benihana, which is now a B1G1 free meal. Some places also give you a week or a month to use the promotion, which I really appreciate.

Anybody else have any places they like to get birthday freebies from?

I am so thankful to have graduated because my school is doing back to in-person classes in about a month and not mentioning online being an option for campus students. Although, there has not been any plan shared on how classes will be, etc. besides excess furniture removed to accommodate for social distancing, etc. It is mandatory, except for a few exceptions, that everyone lives on campus, which is probably a great source of income for the school and probably why they want to push for in-person. 90% of the school goes home for the weekend, and they have not announced if there will be restrictions for traveling and such. It is a very small town, so minimal resources for hospital beds, etc. Plus, there has only been 65 total cases confirmed beginning May 20th, but 20 of those were from the last week. From the timeline students are scheduled to arrive, no one will be there for 2 full weeks, which I think would be a great safety precaution to ensure everyone has quarantined since traveling before classes start.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Lari Lari A very Happy Birthday! :celebrate: Good thing you downloaded the Starbucks app since your birthday treat looks yummy.:yummy:

The only places I currently go to get freebies on my birthday are: Starbucks, Panera and Sephora.

I started to play with Carleton a little while ago and now he wants my full attention to continue the game. :happycat:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
W WillowMarie *ROFLMOTO!*:crackup::flail:
Mia6 Mia6 Sounds wonderful! I tried to make banana nut bread twice. *Banana pudding, anyone?* :barf:I'm glad I don't really crave sweets, because I CANNOT make them. Other things, I'm good at. Sweets? Fugitaboudit.
artiemom artiemom Oh, what a sweet, sweet little man and SO handsome! Thanks for giving us some new pix to swoon over :loveeyes::redheartpump::thanks: Your "new" place looks gorgeous! I love the fieldstone and the shades of brown and beige. Very lovely!

It's a nice cool morning, perfect for cleaning. Tarifa actually came out to the breakfast room for her breakfast! She's been having all her meals in the office for a few weeks, so this is a major event for us. She finished her plate and yes, part of Elvis'.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yum, banana bread! Never had any with nuts, but I grew up with my mom making chocolate chip banana bread. Recently, she also tried chocolate chip chocolate banana bread..... so fantastic! Super chocolaty and yummy.

Very exciting for the tomato flowers! Mine started blooming this past week, which should mean tomatoes coming soon! Cannot wait to see the transformation of watching the fruit grow for the first time. What kind of tomatoes were you growing again? Were you the one with the beefsteak tomatoes?

artiemom artiemom What a cutie! <3

Heck yes! Happy belated birthday! One of my favorite things to do on my birthday is get a bunch of free stuff. Some of my favorites are a free burger at Red Robin, free scoop of ice cream at Baskin Robbins, free sandwhich and drink from Jersey Mike's, and they used to do a free meal at Benihana, which is now a B1G1 free meal. Some places also give you a week or a month to use the promotion, which I really appreciate.

I am so thankful to have graduated because my school is doing back to in-person classes in about a month and not mentioning online being an option for campus students. Although, there has not been any plan shared on how classes will be, etc. besides excess furniture removed to accommodate for social distancing, etc. It is mandatory, except for a few exceptions, that everyone lives on campus, which is probably a great source of income for the school and probably why they want to push for in-person. 90% of the school goes home for the weekend, and they have not announced if there will be restrictions for traveling and such. It is a very small town, so minimal resources for hospital beds, etc. Plus, there has only been 65 total cases confirmed beginning May 20th, but 20 of those were from the last week. From the timeline students are scheduled to arrive, no one will be there for 2 full weeks, which I think would be a great safety precaution to ensure everyone has quarantined since traveling before classes start.
Lari Lari A very Happy Birthday! :celebrate: Good thing you downloaded the Starbucks app since your birthday treat looks yummy.:yummy:

The only places I currently go to get freebies on my birthday are: Starbucks, Panera and Sephora.

I started to play with Carleton a little while ago and now he wants my full attention to continue the game. :happycat:
Thank you! It's not a super exciting birthday thus far, so the drink was a nice pick me up. I also got a birthday email from our mortgage broker, so yay? We're going to have take out later once I'm home from my babysitting job. We're thinking sushi - the cooked kind obviously, right now!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happy birthday Lari Lari ! :bday:

I used the Chick-Fil-A app to order lunch for my kids and I the other day after their dentist appointments. I ordered from the one that was on our way home; not the closest to our house. So it wasn't till we got home that I saw my fries weren't with my order. Mistakes happen so I don't normally bother calling or fussing over things; but I went on the app this time and submitted that. First Chick-Fil-A themselves sent me 2 app coupons. Then yesterday I got 2 more from that local store. :yess: I now have coupons for either a free kids ice cream or a cookie (definitely going with the cookie), 2 free fries of any size, and either a milkshake, frosted/frozen lemonade or a coffee. :banana1: DH says we are going to Chick-Fil-A this weekend. :lol2:

I can see why they missed my fries though...someone had LOADED my bag with ketchup and Chick-Fil-A sauces. I think I got 10 of each! DH loves Chick-Fil-A sauce so much he tries to make his own at home. So he thought that was just fantastic. :flail: I'm thinking of having them cater his birthday "party" this year. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.