The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom has been having the eye shots for about a year. It did help her get some of her lost vision back and as long as she keeps getting them, retain most of the vision she has. They numb her eye before the shot so it doesn’t feel as bad as you think it would but is very sore for a day afterward.
Nicole only had a slight discomfort yesterday

susanm9006 susanm9006
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles
Our Walmart had everything I needed, even a 12 pack of Charmin. I prefer Cottenelle but Charmin is also very soft.
Kaylee called while she was there because they had the large bottles of Clorox bleach even because though I still
had some because it is difficult to find. Did either of you see any tank tops for a good price?

Going to be sunny all day but very hot, in the 90s. Any reading on the deck will be in the morning.
Kaylee is not working today so I have three days alone. I must pace myself and keep up with light
chores. I didn't know she wanted today off till 10 minutes before she left or I would've scheduled
yesterday much differently. There are things I cannot lift, chores I am unable to do but I'll do the
best I can. I cut more of Callie's hair and she was fine with it until I got to her leg area, must wait till
she's snoring and cut quickly, sweet baby. I have a lot of books, a few I had on hold from the library
EBooks came in all at once and a few hard copy as well.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I put them together and she took right to them once we put a few treats on it.
Dang, I'm seriously envious! Mooch needs to come here and have a chat with Poppycat lol, --my little man wouldn't have a thing to do with the steps I got for him (sigh)

Got all the handwatering done before the outside heat got going this morning 😬

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Typical cat Furballsmom Furballsmom ! 🤪

I only went through the pjs and that was briefly Mia6 Mia6 . I’m a sucker for soft pjs. I did go in again today to get DH’s prescription but I was ready to get home so we just did that. And then stopped for an iced coffee...mocha raspberry! Its tasty! And feels very good in this heat!

I got to chat with a friend today. Not via text! It was nice!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My son was just released from the hospital. He was admitted Wednesday night for diverculitis and has responded very well to antibiotics.
I hope your son recuperates without too much trouble. Fingers crossed the antibiotics help and he feels better soon. :crossfingers:

After running two quick errands this afternoon DH and I stopped at a nearby Starbucks for a cold coffee drink, (DH likes iced tea). An elderly couple sat down at a table across from us while social distancing and we had a wonderful chat. They told us about all the cities they have lived in, their children, grandchildren and favorite local restaurants. Sometimes meeting a complete stranger can turn out to be a pleasant and unexpected surprise. :thumbsup:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
My son was just released from the hospital. He was admitted Wednesday night for diverticulitis and has responded very well to antibiotics. He still has medical follow up visits but had a much shorter stay than originally expected.
Oh, I hope he's doing better, poor guy. I've heard that is painful.

Going to be a scorcher today. I'm on the deck drinking limeade and it's getting humid. The little tabby cat that has been coming by doesn't have a left eye. I thought it was a wound but I cleaned it with sterile gauze pads this morning and there was gunk on his eye lid. I gently removed it and opened his eye and there was only a socket. He must've lost it in a fight. There is another cat around here, he is a ginger, and he is missing an eye as well. . Will only be able to stay out for about an hour more because it will be too hot.
Movies to watch and many books. Central Ac...ahh!!!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I hope he's doing better, poor guy. I've heard that is painful.

Going to be a scorcher today. I'm on the deck drinking limeade and it's getting humid. The little tabby cat that has been coming by doesn't have a left eye. I thought it was a wound but I cleaned it with sterile gauze pads this morning and there was gunk on his eye lid. I gently removed it and opened his eye and there was only a socket. He must've lost it in a fight. There is another cat around here, he is a ginger, and he is missing an eye as well. . Will only be able to stay out for about an hour more because it will be too hot.
Movies to watch and many books. Central Ac...ahh!!!
Thanks Mia6 Mia6 . Your little stray must have been someone’s pet if it will let you wipe its eye. Those are the heartbreaking ones for me because they clearly know the comfort of humans.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Your little stray must have been someone’s pet if it will let you wipe its eye. Those are the heartbreaking ones for me because they clearly know the comfort of humans.
When he eats he is constantly looking about to see if anyone is about, thinking they will take it.
He only comes in the morning but wants to come in.

Another hot day in store for us. There is a severe weather alert for the next day having to do with
low quality of the air.Called for vulnerable people to stay inside.I'll go out for a bit in the morning
but stay in. and stay cool with Cal.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Another hot day in store for us. There is a severe weather alert for the next day having to do with low quality of the air.
:yeah: Same here for us and no change in sight for the next 10 days according to the forecast. Mid-week they said heat index would be 108, so oppressive.

My positive is I picked up my library book at the drive-thru last week and they officially open with restrictions tomorrow. Second positive is our health club also opens tomorrow with limited capacity and many precautionary procedures including complete sanitizing between every 90 min. time slot, (maximum time members can stay). I'm not sure if I will go back but would like to check it out in order to exercise indoors with a/c. We shall see what I ultimately decide to do.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
tI's so )^%$#$@ hot and humid and I think a lot of you are feeling it. The good news is I have
DVDs from the library.

Urban Cowboy
The Ring
Annie Hall

The Grudge

and good books as well

Stay cool!!

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Today, every restaurant and cafe worker I spoke to already knew my order. Including the kid at Subway who has memorized my custom sandwich order. I have also recently conquered another franchise in the coffee chain I frequent. There are now 4 in the city that know I order a crushed Iced Americano with extra ice.

Sometimes it pays to be the weird-looking foreigner!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Today began very humid with clouds. I shut the AC off, just because. It got so hot in here! I really felt claustrophobic!! weird.

Went for a walk, sun came out shining brightly!! Came in, shut the AC off.

Positive: This is the last semi-"normal" day for the next 5 days or more. They are predicting very humid, rainy, hot weather; with at least 5 days of anticipated showers/rain...

Watching a kite, soaring in the air!! Very pretty.. Just look away and there are 2 more! nice to watch them..

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Carleton hasn't been interested in eating his freeze dried raw anymore, he flatly refuses, so I've slowly been switching him over to wet food with dry only for a bedtime snack. This morning he cried for the wet food and demanded to be fed as soon as I woke up. :biggrin:

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
I may have found the whole issue to my Snowball not eating but little at a time
And coming back again for little more
I checked his teeth today and hes got what the vet says from pics I sent him
That snowball may have an ulcer on his upper lip
And possible tooth issue

Status
Not open for further replies.