The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What kind of racing do you do? My dad was into drag racing when he was younger. Most of what I remember about being at the racetrack was that it was usually hot and very loud. I was sensitive to noise as a kid and I'd hide when he started his car. :lol: I hope someday he will show DS his cars.
We do hillclimbs..best thing to describe it to the people in the US is like Pikes Peak except on made roads.
Turn a tourist road up the side of a mountain into a race track. very technical and cars have to be perfectly setup..you dont get a chance to tune up on the day. Our home track is like a normal racetrack but has hills and off camber corners and everything else to make it hard.
Lots of fun and lots of brain work to stay competitive.

20200606_162307.jpeg

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
We do hillclimbs..best thing to describe it to the people in the US is like Pikes Peak except on made roads.
Turn a tourist road up the side of a mountain into a race track. very technical and cars have to be perfectly setup..you dont get a chance to tune up on the day. Our home track is like a normal racetrack but has hills and off camber corners and everything else to make it hard.
Wowza!!! What is the top speed?

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Top speed about 230 kph is the best we achieved so far but most of the tracks or roads dont allow a car to fully wind out..gets too scary..lol. Acceleration between corners and speed around corners wins the races.

But , just got a phone call..we had 30 cases of virus break out so health people made them call the event off for another few weeks..hopping mad here. :mad2:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Glad your neighbor is moving. Please stay safe until then. Sounds like she has anger issues..
Yes, she has some kind of something.

How cute, a duck for a pet! Do you know what kind of duck it was?
[/QUOTE]
She was white with orange feet. Anyone could pick her up, but she loved
following Patrick, (my ex-hubbies; name as well, ha!!,. No cell phones
back then so no pics. P would walk on the sidewalk with her right behind
him talking away, trying to catch up, so darling.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
But , just got a phone call..we had 30 cases of virus break out so health people made them call the event off for another few weeks..hopping mad here. :mad2:
Oh no!! Hope everyone gets better. That speed is 143 mph here, yikes!! Speed around corners???My dad was a mechanic
and a friend of his had a Shelby something. When he would drop it off for maintenance he would allow my dad to take
it home. He would take it out on country roads with me. Mom would have a fit as she knew what a speed demon dad was,
Soo much fun, good memories!

Last edited:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Will be sunny and hot in the am, then maybe storms in the afternoon. Kaylee will plant
the Beefsteak tomato seedlings. I dropped the little planter they were in. This pesky
entrapped ulnar nerve doesn't allow me to hold onto things.but I think they'll be ok
Cal is anxious to get on deck and see mama cat, but I won't allow her till it's light as
I don't want skunks and raccoons fighting over food and skunks squirting. Happened
a few weeks ago because neighbor was feeding birds too close to her deck and in
the driveway. It took Febreeze, candles, Lysol, baking soda etc to remove the stench.

Birds are having a concert now and it's quite lovely. Blue Jays and Crows sing off-key
but they're not here yet. Hope to finish my book if it's quiet. The earbuds work but anything
in ears for a long stretch of time cause mine to hurt. I love my chair. I have got the stacking
of pillows down to a science and use the ottoman from the other chair to prop up my feet,
ahh..bliss!! :clap: :yess:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

View attachment 340485
Sorry your meeting got canceled. 😕 I bet my Dad would love watching that. Maybe participating when he was younger. He’s counting the days till retirement now (less than a year; its on my calendar :lol:).

A shipment of books arrived today. DS is very interested in the program on Machines & Motion that I found him.
:yess:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Two thirds done with my retaining wall project! I have scraped up all the edging rock, washed it and put it in its new home plus laid down all new edging landscape fabric. This week I will visit the local rock yard and order the replacement rock for the retaining wall edge. They will dump it all in my driveway and I will have to wheelbarrow it to the upper back yard wall. I am expecting this final part will take the rest of summer into fall because it’s a long and heavy haul.

Oysterbay

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I Marie Kondo’d my living room today. Every bag of trash that went through the door felt like a victory. And my kitty Chairman Meow jumped into my lap at breakfast after being mad at me for a week. Another victory!

Yesterday a dove photobombed my friend’s picture of the Bay Bridge. Simply gorgeous.

Attachments

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
For some odd reason Carleton has taken over the rug by the kitchen sink. I wouldn't mind except that I can't wash dishes or cook. So DH suggested putting another rug near the cabinets where he can look out the patio door. My positive is it worked. 👍 Here's my boy snoozing near the cabinets to his heart's content.💓

IMG_0509.jpeg

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For some odd reason Carleton has taken over the rug by the kitchen sink. I wouldn't mind except that I can't wash dishes or cook. So DH suggested putting another rug near the cabinets where he can look out the patio door. My positive is it worked. 👍 Here's my boy snoozing near the cabinets to his heart's content.💓

View attachment 340577
He looks incredibly content!

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I met my neighbor across the hall this morning. I've met them before, and their cat, who likes to jump into the hallway and play. I haven't run into the guy in the couple for a long time, but he's definitely the more friendly and outgoing one as he cooed at the cat and teased it (in English because I was there) It was really cute. He suggested that our cats meet sometime. Honestly I'd been wanting to ask him about it ever since I got Puar because I knew he was friendly and cared a lot about his cat (they even have a sign on their door telling emergency services about their cat). And it would be nice to have someone local to help out in an emergency. Or to catsit. I just wish the gf was a little more friendly. I always get into trouble when gfs are jealous of me making friends with their bf (it happens a lot :sigh: ) but maybe she just doesn't speak English as well as he does. 🤷‍♀️

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise

View attachment 340577
Mine have always liked to snooze on the kitchen sink rug because there is a heat vent that comes out there. My solution for a cat in the way when I needed the sink was to gently grab the rug and pull rug and cat out of the way. They never seemed to mind, or to wake up.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise

View attachment 340577
Oh what a living doll!!!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I Marie Kondo’d my living room today. Every bag of trash that went through the door felt like a victory. And my kitty Chairman Meow jumped into my lap at breakfast after being mad at me for a week. Another victory!

Yesterday a dove photobombed my friend’s picture of the Bay Bridge. Simply gorgeous.
Love kitty's name, hee, hee! and the pic of Bay Bridge. I have a pic of myself sanding next to
it when I had a tour of the city 23 years ago and fell in love with it's charm. Why was Chairman
mad you?

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I met my neighbor across the hall this morning. I've met them before, and their cat, who likes to jump into the hallway and play. I haven't run into the guy in the couple for a long time, but he's definitely the more friendly and outgoing one as he cooed at the cat and teased it (in English because I was there) It was really cute. He suggested that our cats meet sometime. Honestly I'd been wanting to ask him about it ever since I got Puar because I knew he was friendly and cared a lot about his cat (they even have a sign on their door telling emergency services about their cat). And it would be nice to have someone local to help out in an emergency. Or to catsit. I just wish the gf was a little more friendly. I always get into trouble when gfs are jealous of me making friends with their bf (it happens a lot :sigh: ) but maybe she just doesn't speak English as well as he does. 🤷‍♀️
To avoid that always, make eye contact with GFs and include them in conversation or approach the woman first.;)
Makes things less awkward.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Two thirds done with my retaining wall project! I have scraped up all the edging rock, washed it and put it in its new home plus laid down all new edging landscape fabric. This week I will visit the local rock yard and order the replacement rock for the retaining wall edge. They will dump it all in my driveway and I will have to wheelbarrow it to the upper back yard wall. I am expecting this final part will take the rest of summer into fall because it’s a long and heavy haul.
Wowza, that is a huge undertaking, Susan!! Are you still metal detecting at the lake?

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Cal was hissed at and run off the walkway by Mama cat yesterday morning. You should have
seen the look on her face, she was so hurt. She wanted to view babies but Mama cat would not allow
her anywhere near neighbor's deck or underneath I've been feeding her every morning when it becomes
light enough for skunks and raccoons to be asleep. She has fleas; can I apply treatment while she is nursing?

Going to be hot today and sunny in the am, then may have storms in the afternoon. Kaylee replanted
my Beefsteak tomatoes in a big pot with Organic MiracleGro soil. There are over 15 seedlings so hopefully
I'll have 15 tomatoes. I wish I would've planted Early Girl's early (hee) in the season as they did amazing
when I planted them in 2012. Also replanted Impatiens in Organic soil.in a blue pot.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
To avoid that always, make eye contact with GFs and include them in conversation or approach the woman first.;)
Makes things less awkward.
It's true and good advice, except that I never approach these guys first. haha They are always super outgoing guys who have something in common with me that their gf doesn't participate in (soccer, mosh pits, etc.) I'm usually startled they are talking to me at all. Oftentimes if I'm even introduced to the gf it's just cursory and she eyeballs me and that's it. I'm friends with a few of my guy friends' gfs but they were also the ones actively engaging me. I'm socially anxious so making the first move with anyone, regardless of genders, is really hard!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
It's true and good advice, except that I never approach these guys first. haha They are always super outgoing guys who have something in common with me that their gf doesn't participate in (soccer, mosh pits, etc.) I'm usually startled they are talking to me at all. Oftentimes if I'm even introduced to the gf it's just cursory and she eyeballs me and that's it. I'm friends with a few of my guy friends' gfs but they were also the ones actively engaging me. I'm socially anxious so making the first move with anyone, regardless of genders, is really hard!
If guy approaches I would say to gf, "Hi I'm Mia"or whatever your name is. I've had the same thing happen.
Actively keeping gf in the conversation even it it is is no interest to her, always makes them feel like you
are not hitting on their man, ha!! Often times other women and men will hit on someone's gf/bf right in
front of them. Boundaries are so different now

Status
Not open for further replies.